Options for getting out if China invades Taiwan

They always say they will land around Taoyuan because they would be headed towards Taipei.

A few monmths ago they had a cool diorama about rolling tanks down Taipei a la Hong Kong takeover.

Now, thsi will happen, they will bring their tanks and soldiers after teh cowards here capitulate. “If we give in peacefully, they will not hurt us”, teh politicians will tell the population and people here have a lot to lose in bombing and war. My gazillion dollar aprtment! My pearls! My bonds! My million dollars in the bank! So give up peacefuly they will.

Then it will be a reenactment of GOT S8E5 under any excuse, first of all to kill the chicken to scare the monkey -keeping hold of China ain’t easy- and second because they have been told all their lives Taiwanese are a bunch of Japanophiliacs and traitors so why not.

2 Likes

Knock out fb and the will to live for most locals will go with it.

4 Likes

https://baike.baidu.com/item/杀鸡儆猴

2 Likes

Screenshot_20190517-111417_Chrome

1 Like

At least if they land in Fulong they might scare off the lifeguards so us bignoses can actually get deeper in the water than just our ankles…:banana:

4 Likes

I can imagine PRC ultimatums being send as Line messages, complete with cartoon-animal emojis!

3 Likes

Don’t let the cutsieness fool you. They’re cold blooded killers if given the chance!

1 Like

They also cause long-term neck and eye problems.

Taiwan has PAC-3 systems, shooting rockets out of the sky.

Anyone calling for a war should be ready to fight in it

1 Like

Anybody can say they’ll fight. (Again, see Koos de la Rey.)

IDK but this isn’t the first time I heard they can’t just drop off troops anywhere.
Maybe the coastal water is too shallow or the beach is too rocky. They can’t invade with just a few hundred or even thousand troops. They need to completely secure a big enough beachhead to drop tens of thousands a day.

1 Like

Just like anyone can play armchair general in a war they’ll observe from their office in a DC think tank.

I think the PRC will let foreigners (non-Taiwanese passports) leave after the invasion…just too much trouble to manage.

I suggest keeping some cash/funds overseas.

If there is a prolonged fight (which I definitely think will not happen) find some old farmers who knows how to live off the land…food will be limited and expensive. Old people are tough and will teach you a few survival tricks.

1 Like

What happens to the 60k Taiwanese who are Canadian citizens?

If they call the CTOT, they’d probably have a way out.

What are the logistics of that like?

How do forign governments usually get their citizens safely out of a country if a war breaks out? Or are you on your own?

If China bombs us first and kills a bunch of Taiwanese/Canadians, what will JT (xiao tudou) do?

Throughout history typically by airlifts.

More importantly …whom is the worse , Trudeau or Xi ? :thinking:

1 Like

Don’t bomb a country that just legalized same-sex marriage, Xi! I’m not going to tell you again! Don’t make me use my whip of progressive values on you! It’s 2019.

1 Like