Pelosi visiting Taiwan in August 2022

I know you didn’t say it was bs. I was referring to the general feeling of people around me.

1 Like

My point in particular is you don’t need ownership rights to get firearms training. And there are reports of people who do attend civil defence training.

Firing range in Chinese is 靶場

Numerous firing ranges in less dense parts of the GTA and Taoyuan.

2 Likes

I apologize for my misunderstanding of your post.

Better yet why not treat Taiwan like how the rest of the world treat Israel? Give the Taiwanese nukes.

This will deter aggreggators from all sides.

2 Likes

We have rules on this forum about outing the photos of other members. @TT

:no_no:

1 Like

I’m not criticizing that (though in retrospect I guess it looks like I was, so I apologize). If I weren’t so lazy and scatter-brained, I’d have posted some Chinese invasion stuff myself. In fact, I think maybe I did at one time or another, but I didn’t start a thread, so it didn’t show up in my thread searches. To search threads, I was putting something like this in the search function thingy:

With these I was trying to get some earlier ones:

2 Likes

Is Russia considered a superpower?

My school teacher told me that there is only one superpower. It was on a test. So no, Russia is not.

2 Likes

Sure, for example they thought the Russian military would overpower the Ukraine much more quickly!

And on cue:

Guy

3 Likes

Well… on the plus side, they wouldn’t ban imports from their own territory so that takes invasion and occupation off the table. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

1 Like

US literally poured concrete over Taiwan’s nuclear research many decades ago. That ship sailed.

It could dock again. Certainly Japan and South Korea will be thinking about it if the CCP takes over Taiwan

1 Like

I’d heard there were gun ranges so I looked them up – they’re nothing like the 'ole USA. They were all either skeet shooting, rifle shooting for fancy-pants people dressed like those serious bikers, or air guns.

I couldn’t find one where you can just go shoot a real pistol at some targets

(Off topic – cue the temping)

2 Likes

Yep but I don’t recall Japan and Korea giving spent nuclear fuel to North Korea…for starters.

Too many people working for the other side in here.

That is what makes the issue of gun ownership so thorny. In Taiwan the gun owners are the mafia guys and their allegiance well, if it is the wolves and such, is with the Other Side. And you can expect they will seed chaos as they usually do. Same deal as in Shanghai. Let us be and we’ll do your bidding.

Those are the ones citizens can fight against. But most elders have been conditioned to obey and fear the mafia/authorities. Only young ones will have the heart to fight. But a gun or rifle is not enough against a tank or missile.

Nope. That will be promoting aggression. China would have to defend themselves from that situation. Like America with Cuba.

Anyway. It’s highly likely Taiwan has the capacity to build nukes of there own. After all in the 60s they developed and tested their own.

This youtuber is trying to get more people to train their marksmanship

3 Likes

Read about what happened to that research.

1 Like