Perfection

edit

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“tina109”]Personality: Really really smart, I mean “genius” smart. Preferably a theoretical physicist.
Very calm. Nice sense of humour - not mean humour, no irony. Loyal. He should really appreciate me, and appreciate my intelligence and my humour.

Looks: tall, not fat.[/quote]

Really smart people are often dorks at everyday living and dorks to be with. Just be aware.
[/quote]

I am aware, I think it’s charming :sunglasses:

I’ve never been in the mood for perfect as I’m far from it and it would get pretty boring to find someone without flaws. I thought I had a thing for bigger guys, but the last two guys I’ve dated have been rather skinny. Hair is still high on my list: on his chest, on his face (in full-form or stubble), and long enough on his head to run my fingers through. That and beautiful eyes will do it for me. He’s got to be a geek, like playing board games, and enjoys reading (intelligence, therefore being a must).

In other words, my man is perfect. We even dust off role-playing figures together on lazy Sunday mornings. :lick:

There arent any. We all have imperfections.

My wife has boobies slightly too large for her slim body, is damned good looking, and has higher tertiary education than I. Such in imperfections… guess I got lucky.

At least I can cook better than she can.

For a good time, call Tina Fey. She is super sexy because she’s smart and a hilarious writer. When she dances she has rhythm which means she’s probably good in the sack. :laughing:

[quote=“N1848N”][quote=“Buttercup”]Period?

N (can I call you that?), [/quote]

But of course. All my competitors start out by doing so.

[quote=“Buttercup”]
Successful relationships are built on a healthy lack of communication, [/quote]

A prescient observation, oh ye of tender years. I will try not to screw it up.

[quote=“Buttercup”]
You’re only on your 17th post. Everyone else has noticed. There’s this guy called BigJohn: he tells everyone how perfect I am. [/quote]

Goodness, its been that many? I am spending way too much time here. Except all of you are so interesting.

[quote=“Buttercup”]
But sure, I could eat sumn. Meet you under the Carfax at seven. Bring a pony.[/quote]

Sorry to stand you up sweetness, but business class was sold out and I don’t do Asia coach, couldn’t make it by seven.

The Carfax was not in my Michelin guide, even stumped Google. May I ask your recommendation concerning Ruth’s Chris Steak House, the Celestial or the Tainan Tan Tsu Mien?

As for the pony, I will hire a suitable chariot with sufficient ponies to transport you whither you wish and as fast as you wish. Wear a dress. I think I have some dress slacks, a tie, and shoes without cement on them somewhere.[/quote]

Competitors? :laughing: Is this Jim?

edit

My, what fun! Buttercup,you should never leave this thread–you’ll have enough fellas on a string for decade worth of dates.

What about ‘00’?

My name was Julia for months. My father wanted to call me something else though, so he registered me as my current name. My mother eventually gave in. My grandparents called me ‘Buttercup’ well into my teens.

I actually use the diminutive of my name with most people. Only my family use my real name. To be honest, I don’t really care. With a mouth like mine, you get called all sorts of things…

I had a conversation with a friend about men. I want someone who can argue with me and win, but who makes me not want to even start it. I want someone that I want to impress yet doesn’t make me feel like I have to work for it. Someone who brings out the best in me yet still makes me as excited as the guy who brings out the worst in me.

And a nice arse.

Edit Yeahyeah, so I can talk it up? All I can do is quote bob, the first time we met: ‘I thought you’d be … dainty’. A Jolin-a-like I ain’t, hc. Banter doesn’t get you the boys: quite the opposite.

[quote=“Buttercup”]What about ‘00’?

My name was Julia for months. My father wanted to call me something else though, so he registered me as my current name. My mother eventually gave in. My grandparents called me ‘Buttercup’ well into my teens.

I actually use the diminutive of my name with most people. Only my family use my real name. To be honest, I don’t really care. With a mouth like mine, you get called all sorts of things…

I had a conversation with a friend about men. I want someone who can argue with me and win, but who makes me not want to even start it. I want someone that I want to impress yet doesn’t make me feel like I have to work for it. Someone who brings out the best in me yet still makes me as excited as the guy who brings out the worst in me.

And a nice arse.

Edit Yeahyeah, so I can talk it up? All I can do is quote bob, the first time we met: ‘I thought you’d be … dainty’. A Jolin-a-like I ain’t, hc. Banter doesn’t get you the boys: quite the opposite.[/quote]

Let me be honest with you about something. I used to 123 lbs., 5 feet 8 inches tall, and 38-16-36 (yes, really, and yes all natural!) I had a hell of a time finding men who even knew what my face looked like, much less whether or not I was intelligent. I hated it. With curves like that, I couldn’t even find clothes that fit right. I never got to have any kind of conversation with a man, and women were jealous and catty even if they didn’t know me.

Now, I’m a mom and have a much more mom-like figure. I’m not perfect at all, anywhere. Pregnancy did things to my body that it will never recover from. But, I think that if I could just find someone who could interest me, I might feel a lot sexier now than I did then. I really need an intelligent man, though. I want to be appriciated for who I am. There has only ever been one who trully did that. I also don’t want to be expected to change or limit my own interests, goals, wants, whatever, to fall in line with any man’s. I want a man who’s open to going with me when I start to feel fenced in–or one who can make me feel free in close quarters. That would be ace!

BC–in this thread anyway, the boys all want you for your vocabulary! Maybe it would never happen in real life, but it is an interesting phenomenon to observe here.

Just someone who can let me be myself 128% :slight_smile: and loves my flaws…okay not love them, but accept them haha

Plus, perfection in a relationship is hard to attain, as is the meaning behind the word “perfect”

A little imperfection, a little work to be done, a little conflict, a little drama is necessary in a relationship anyways, otherwise things can get boring and you would lose that feeling of being wanted!

edit

[quote=“Buttercup”]What about ‘00’?

And a nice arse.
[/quote]

How much you wanna bet the “nice arse” is the dealbreaker??

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“Buttercup”]What about ‘00’?

And a nice arse.
[/quote]

How much you wanna bet the “nice arse” is the dealbreaker??[/quote]

Would it be for you, Chiefy? Anyway, N didn’t indicate which he point he lacks. Maybe he has bunz of steel.

[quote=“housecat”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“Buttercup”]What about ‘00’?

And a nice arse.
[/quote]

Would it be for you, Chiefy? Anyway, N didn’t indicate which he point he lacks. Maybe he has bunz of steel.[/quote]

Well, part of the problem here is that she never really defines “nice”, does she?

Me? Hell no, my qualifications for a female, were I in the market for one, which I ain’t, would probably be somewhere along the lines of (in no particular order):
-doesn’t ever phone me
-doesn’t expect me to phone her
-doesn’t ever come around
-doesn’t ever expect me to come around
-if no contact is made for several weeks, it isn’t taken personally
After that, everything’s negotiable…

And irelavant. :laughing:

edit

No doubt, but what if the lady in question were not a fit for your ideas of what is attractive? Doesn’t matter if she was attractive by Taiwanese standards, she was attractive to you. Had she not been, would you have heard her at all?

That’s why I say it may be pretty unlikely for so many fellas to hit on a woman with a sexy vocabulary in real life. Yes, of course, if she’s a highly attractive woman, but if she’s not? (And of course, I think Buttercup is plenty attractive, but there’s no way for you to know that if you don’t know her/haven’t seen her photos before.) So, a sexy vocab is enough in an online community, but maybe not IRL.

Oof, lots of points to address, here.

[quote=“the chief”]

Actually, not at all. It is a dealbreaker for lots of people, though. Fair enough, your boy or girl isn’t just a conversation partner. A boy I know clued me in on the ‘I want an intelligent woman’ thing: they want someone who makes them look good. A dumb girlfriend reflects poorly on them in this day and age, so they want someone nearly as smart as they are, but not actually smarter. The conflict comes because most guys think they’re a bit smarter than you.

Actually, my mother probably said it best ‘If you could just shut up and stop showing off so much, you’d get a husband and I’d get some grandchildren. And do you NEED that cake?’.

They have to have green eyes though. It’s a sameness thing (mine are green). I can stretch to hazel. It’s not deliberate, but everyone I’ve been out with has been medium short, bones sticking out thin (opposites attract?) and the same colour hair and eyes as me. Mediterranean-looking. I don’t rule out different looking guys, but that’s where I always seem to ‘go’.

The phone thing is important, chief. Not sure how. I hate it when people phone me, but I love emails. Phone=intrusive checkyuppy, email=sweet, keepyintouch.

And thanks, hc. I consider myself ‘niche’.

edit