Please describe the very worst beer you have ever had

You may be on to something there, the only time I have ever had more than one VB was the only time I have ever had anything close to what could be described as a hangover.

(I can count on two fingers how many times I have had VB. They both involve a combination of still being very young and very poor)

[quote=ā€œDuckedā€]There was some no alcohol stuff called, I think, Kaliber that they flogged in motorway service stations in the Yook in the early eighties, which I tried a couple of times, because, thought of as ā€œbeerā€ its price wasnā€™t as offensive as the other beverage offerings there.

Tasted pretty vile, but the clincher was that, by some miracle of biotechnology, it seemed to be able to administer a crashing hangover without getting you in any way relaxed.

All (in fact, more) of the pain, and none of the pleasure. Pure genius.[/quote]OK, if we count Kaliber as a beer, then certainly itā€™s the worst beer Iā€™ve ever had. The Eisberg of beers.

This past December Santa Claus brought me two bottles of gluten free beer, I kid you not. Iā€™ve had a thousand or more kinds of beer in my life, and this was hands down one of the worst. Bad Santa! LOL

3 Likes

A couple of beer-loving friends became gluten intolerant. Theyā€™ve tried that kind of beer. Theyā€™re no longer beer drinkers.

Iā€™ve had bitter melon beer in western China, Iā€™ve had overly hoppy beer in Canada, in Saudi Arabia I drank a lot of homemade beer (including made with drip-coffee machines); the one kind of beer I wonā€™t bother with anymore is non-alcoholic beer.

1 Like

Natty Ice was pretty awful in uni and everyone drank it to get wasted. Plus, the Hurricane and Olde English 40 ouncers. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I wasnā€™t a beer drinker in undergrad, the first job in Asia was when my life changed

1 Like

you can say it sets the BAR (on the worst level)

Ah, a late bloomer! Thatā€™s okay. Just gotta make up for lost time! :beers:

We drank cheap wine to get wasted. Beer was a luxury.

American friend of mine used to drink the tall bottle Taiwan beer (it was the only kind of taiwan beer at that time) and then leave about an inch in the bottle and it would be a great cockroach attract / kill machine.

If it kills cockroaches DEAD what does it do to YOU ?

1 Like

Compared to Taiwan Beer, I much prefer Bar. If there is a third cheap local option Iā€™m willing to try it outā€¦

Sadly for my waistline, Iā€™ve already made up for future time!

Beer is gross. Wine and cocktail>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On a visit home years ago, around xmas time, my friend who tended bar opened just for a few friends. The last beer I had was

It and the previous 2 or 3 beers ended up on a very unfortunately planted curbside tree.

Box wine? Thatā€™s the crap we resorted to.

ahh like this one

1 Like

10 year-old thread revival - epic!!

Blasphemy! Thatā€™s drive-by shooting talk!

Unlike 90% of grave digs, this was an actual good one.

1 Like

BAR is still crap after all these years