Political Satire and Political Jokes

You must see my post within my Fred-Schroeder-Bush discussion. But I was too much a wiseass to make this comment.

Well, this thread proves two things:

1. Very few people here seem to actually understand what satire is.
  2. It’s impossible for anything remotely political to be posted here without someone getting their panties in a bunch.

I keep going off on bringing a kinder, gentler tone to the forums, so this bit is aimed right, straight at myself. If you can’t laugh at yourself… :idunno:

Words of wisdom:

In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC) Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom.
One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance who ran up to him excitedly and said, “Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of your students?”

“Wait a moment,” Socrates replied. “Before you tell me I’d like you to pass a little test. It’s called the Triple Filter Test.”

“Triple filter?”

“That’s right,” Socrates continued. “Before you talk to me about my student let’s take a moment to filter what you’re going to say. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?”

“No,” the man said, “actually I just heard about it and…”

“All right,” said Socrates. “So you don’t really know if it’s true or not.
Now let’s try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my student something good?”

“No, on the contrary…”

“So,” Socrates continued, “you want to tell me something bad about him, even though you’re not certain it’s true?”

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.

Socrates continued. “You may still pass the test though, because there is a third filter - the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student going to be useful to me?”

“No, not really”

Well," concluded Socrates, “if what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me at all?”

The man was defeated and ashamed. This is the reason Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.

It also explains why he never found out that Plato was banging his wife.

:laughing: :bravo:
Now, THAT was funny! Thanks, I needed a good laugh!!!

These guys are very funny.

John Clarke and Bryan Dawe

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]These guys are very funny.

John Clarke and Bryan Dawe

HG[/quote]
Fred Dagg am goal.

Who’s in the dark? My bright idea lights things up. Hurddddddy hurr…hurrrrdyy ger hurde de.

Do not worry, other boards are even more tasteless.

[b]New Orleans is not in France

Other message boards are discussing this for real:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread167052/pg1

Sigh.
[/b]

President’s Statement Expressing Profound Sorrow over Hurricane Katrina’s Vicious Assault on his Paid Five-Week Vacation

[quote]But hear me good folks: next year, I don’t care if every last pinko liberal metropolis in this country gets slammed with thousand megaton nukular warheads

FROM REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER ON HBO:

[quote]"Mr. President, this job can’t be fun for you any more. There’s no more money to spend–you used up all of that. You can’t start another war because you used up the army. And now, darn the luck, the rest of your term has become the Bush family nightmare: helping poor people. Listen to your Mom. The cupboard’s bare, the credit cards maxed out. No one’s speaking to you. Mission accomplished.

"Now it’s time to do what you’ve always done best: lose interest and walk away. Like you did with your military service and the oil company and the baseball team. It’s time. Time to move on and try the next fantasy job. How about cowboy or space man? Now I know what you’re saying: there’s so many other things that you as President could involve yourself in. Please don’t. I know, I know. There’s a lot left to do. There’s a war with Venezuela. Eliminating the sales tax on yachts. Turning the space program over to the church. And Social Security to Fannie Mae. Giving embryos the vote.

"But, Sir, none of that is going to happen now. Why? Because you govern like Billy Joel drives. You’ve performed so poorly I’m surprised that you haven’t given yourself a medal. You’re a catastrophe that walks like a man. Herbert Hoover was a shitty president, but even he never conceded an entire city to rising water and snakes.

"On your watch, we’ve lost almost all of our allies, the surplus, four airliners, two trade centers, a piece of the Pentagon and the City of New Orleans. Maybe you’re just not lucky. I’m not saying you don’t love this country. I’m just wondering how much worse it could be if you were on the other side.

"So, yes, God does speak to you. What he is saying is: ‘Take a hint.’ "[/quote]

I don’t usually like Bill Maher, but that was funny!

Maybe the Bush Administration is an al Qaeda sleeper cell. I think this is a job for the boys (and girls) at Guantanamo Bay.

“Houston for the Underprivileged”

Some of Bush’s recommended accomodations in the Houston area:

[quote]Overpasses: Featuring some of the greatest traffic nightmares in the nation, Houston has among the best overpasses you can unroll your sleeping bag or park your shopping cart under. With Tommy “Teflon” DeLay’s constituents driving Beemers and Jags, you won’t find any federally funded mass transit here. Most overpasses sport at least 20 lanes, so leaks are kept to a minimum, meaning standing puddles and cesspools are as well. You’ll wake up with fewer mosquito bites than you would riding the St. Charles trolley to the mansions you used to clean. Rats are a different matter, but I’ve heard that if you keep the fatback at least six feet from your bedding, you should be OK. And Houston rats don’t have that pesky cholera.

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th Wards: You’ll find your kind of people here. There is plenty of Texas hospitality in the form of sleeping arrangements because most of the residents stay up all night dealing. Heck, just knock on three or four doors at random and chances are one of your relatives will answer.

County and/or Municipal Jail: As much as you, folks, seem to love sleeping on concrete floors in sports arenas, you will undoubtedly be in seventh heaven having your own mattress in a cell where only a couple of people, rather than a couple thousand, reside. To ensure a space in these facilities, watch your crime. If you choose theft, in Houston, petty larceny will get you 30 to 90 days whereas grand larceny involving millions of dollars and corporate bankruptcy yields little more than DOJ photo ops.

Lakewood Church: Joel Osteen is a beloved man of God in this town. He won’t open his 700,000 square foot, ostentatious mausoleum/church to any poor, colored family, but he will be sure to say a prayer for you, when the TV camera’s red light is on or book publishers are sitting in the front pews.

Harris County Democratic Headquarters: Even during working hours, there is enough unused office space to house at least 1,000 degener -uh - disenfranchised.[/quote]

Click this for a political type cartoon.

Is Bush looking for the WMD here?

I like how the president is so savvy about the press that he bends his head down to the side to ensure that it fits in the frame of the camera.

One photo sums it up…

Just for a laugh you understand, just a laugh.

HG

Many don’t approve but he doesn’t care he’s enjoying himself … even in NO … :laughing: