[Poll] How Long Will DJ Trump Stay in Office?

@bojack is riffing on this famous incident:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/williams/williams020499.htm

So bojack should resignā€¦got it!

I wasnā€™t aware of that, looks like the quality of memes in 1999 left something to be desired.
Did anyone ever get butthurt about the word Niagara? I mean, it sound a bit likeā€¦it shares some letters withā€¦

No. Itā€™s an Indian name, and ethnic minorities canā€™t, by definition, be racist. Duhā€¦

2 Likes

In Covfefism, there is no clear distinction between exaggeration and delusion.

That observation costs only :2cents:, not the ~$100m that weā€™re supposed to think is ā€œsmallā€ (just like the ā€œsmall loanā€ that started his career) because Hillary spent more. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Wait for this individual to be dragged into the light.

Your chasing chump change from an ambulance chaser.

2 Likes

4 Likes

GrizzledHandyAmmonite-max-1mb

You have a weird idea of ā€œchump changeā€.

Avenatti has Cohen by the short and curlies and the always-Trumpers still have their heads buried firmly in the sand, it seems. The nicknames on the conservative sites and the cries of ā€œambulance chaserā€ really hit this home for me. When you canā€™t attack the strength of the evidence (very real and publicly available evidence), they go for the character. In this case, there really isnā€™t much to go after except a few failed business deals and a bullshit bar complaint.

As for Halperā€¦ weā€™ll see. Theyā€™re still just guessing at his connection, and the guy who ā€˜brokeā€™ the story is a ā€œpizza-gateā€ and ā€œfalse-flagā€ conspiracy theorist of the highest order. Not exactly reassuring.

I was calling Cohen the ambulance chaser. Not Avenatti. Everything is relative. The person I was comparing him to Stefan Halper opened and owns at least 4 banks. So, yes in my mind 125k to Stormy Daniels is chump change by comparison, or even the 100ā€™s of millions flowing into the Clinton Foundation (perhaps billions), several orders of magnitude difference.

I will admit itā€™s an exaggeration to call what Cohen was receiving chump change.

Not really, We know he invited and paid for a trip to London for Papadopoulos, and we know he interacted with Carter Page and others on the Trump team, the only thing being guessed is he was working for the FBI to dirty up some useful idiots. The guess that is being made is he is the name that the DOJ/FBI are refusing to declassify, because it is endangers national security, or so they say. But due to their own leaking, there aint a whole lot of names that can fit the bill.

(Just for the record, I didnā€™t vote for Donald Trump.)

I first read about that matter a few days ago in a Wall Street Journal piece (I hope the link below will allow you to read the whole article):

The writer of that article, Kimberley Strassel, didnā€™t name any names.

As for who broke the story, it appears that Glenn Simpson testified about that matter last year, again except for the naming:

Diane Feinstein transcript, page 175

Now, in January of this year, there was a reported correction of that particular testimony, made through an NBC reporter:

Ken Dilanian tweet, January 9

But apparently later that same month, Joshua Levy of Cunningham Levy Muse LLP wrote the following to Charles Grassley:

However this turns out, and regardless of names, it doesnā€™t look like tinfoil-hat stuff to me.

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

None of that looks like it mentions Halpel though. Thatā€™s the specific point that was ā€œbrokenā€ by the conspiracy theorist. Itā€™s all just guess work when there are actual crimes with actual millions of dollars being uncovered by Trumpā€™s personal lawyer (rather than vague innuendo that someone may or may not currently own a bank).

The rest of the story could turn out to be true, but I also think theyā€™d be crazy not to have been investigating people in Trumpā€™s orbit considering the shit that theyā€™ve been up to, rather brazenly in a lot of cases.

And since weā€™re doing dumb memes again.

DdR8KeoU8AA4qsk

DdR87LvUwAAKzmA

DdR8l8UVAAAXX5e

DdR8dC-VwAAUVje

My my how the narrative has changed, now itā€™s ā€œokā€ that the Trump team were spied on, now the facts are coming out and it canā€™t be denied.

Not a conspiracy theory anymore? At least itā€™s a step in the right direction I suppose.

2 Likes

Calm down, ā€œcould turn out to be trueā€ is pretty non-committal on my part. I donā€™t find it implausible that Trump had someone in his circle that told the FBI about his treason. Sorry, ā€œalleged treason.ā€ I donā€™t find it implausible that the FBI needed an insider to feed them information on Trumpā€™s treason. Sorry, ā€œalleged treason.ā€ Thereā€™s nothing wrong with having CIs in most cases, particularly those that involve alleged treason. Sorry, ā€œTreason.ā€

Think of it this way. Michael Cohen has solicited millions from corporations, Russian-linked businesses, and Qatari investment firms (though he was unsuccessful with that last one, it seems). When he was originally raided, people called foul not knowing the details. Particularly the conspiracy theorists, because they think they know better than everybody. But knowing what we know now, it makes absolute sense theyā€™d take the actions they did.

Anyway, thereā€™s a Hillary Card you can use in my post above, if you need help.

1 Like

Ive heard the word ā€œallegedā€ over 10,000 this past yearā€¦its getting oldā€¦, Why didnā€™t the same media go after Bush/Cheney nonstop? There was a real war criminal but they seemed to all support them including CNN which made its bread and butter on the Iraq Invasion, but hey McCain and Clinton all supported it too. Anyways as long as CNN, MsNBC says something is alleged 100 times a day and no proof its true for most people.

I donā€™t really know what Iā€™m talking about because Iā€™m not following the saga of Billy Bob vs the Swamp Creatures very closely but mainstream mouthpieces are always trumpeting about all the commie moles Mueller has under indictment. When you look under the hood though things arenā€™t quite that straightforward. One guy, for example, was apparently indicted for a bank overdraft and misuse of a construction loan. Given that just about everything in the U.S. is illegal one way or another if the government wants you in jail Muellerā€™s haul so far isnā€™t really that impressive.

2 Likes

Everyday I hear another allegationā€¦and nothing elseā€¦ its just a smear campaign against Trump no proof necessary all his followers of racist, white, ignorant, imbreds, hate immigrants hes an orange clown yada yada yadaā€¦

Too bad Iā€™m an Immigrant and Liberal and from CA and know California Hispanic, Black and Asians who are Conservative and Liberal who support Trump. We are from ALL income classes. I gaurantee the MSM media will never show us as it doesnā€™t fit the narrative of all Trump supportors being uneducated, White, KKK, anti Immigrant Nazis lol. If you see that on repetition 24/7 thats what you believe.

2 Likes