Psychedelic drugs could increase neural plasticity

Nice link. Unfortunately I cannot see many doctors and governments expanding on this.
Can just DIY

1 Like

It is looking increasingly likely that Canada will be making magic mushrooms less illegal. Hard to say what the outcome would if more just a decrim and prescription or like weed. But looks promising. Unless the conservatives win next round, then forget the whole meaningful mental health arena. But the tides are changing in amore useful direction :slight_smile: even taiwan is steering its heavy and slow ship more towards that direction.

How so? I always thought Taiwan is heavy handed regarding their drug laws… and magic mushroom is known to grow on cow poop, and that big cattle farm on YMS has warnings of legal penalties for picking those mushroom.

It is illegal to just pick them?

It’s illegal to have in one’s possession, so yea

It’s not illegal if you don’t know it’s illegal. Strange Catch 22 I know. But students have been prosecuted for picking them with the intention to get fucked off their faces (legal terminology).

What if you just munch them directly off the cow poop?

It’s possible but you’d need a very strong stomach and you’d probably vomit a bit for the first hour. Not recommended.

nice!

2 Likes

What’s wrong with that? Seems like a perfectly normal Thursday night

1 Like

If you think my dung smells bad, just say so. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Compared to some places like Canada it sure. Compared to most of Asia it isnt. However was referring to wee d and taiwan slowly turning its ignorant bias around on this one. Not fungi. Wont be quick, but the gears are turning…

I don’t think so. I have not seen any changes , but I would be happy if you could prove me wrong. Illegal drugs are generally still very frowned upon here. I have not noticed any changes to drug laws.

Kitty flip and Dolphin flip disagree.

so proud of my state!

also decriminalized ALL drug possession when found in amounts for personal use (no clear intent to distribute). those found in possession will be fined or put into a rehab-type program if they choose.

ALSO also, the rehab program and psilocybin treatment research program both are paid for with tax money raised from recreational cannabis sales, which has been legal in Oregon for awhile now, plus a tax hike on nicotine products.

4 Likes

if someone knew how to identify them they could throw them in a bag along with other random (or edible) mushrooms they find. if they are stopped say they are studying them (if including slightly toxic or inedible fungi), or for eating etc. this seems to be a common foraging approach in other countries- most random cops aren’t going to be able to distinguish mushrooms, let alone pick out the “bad” ones from a variety or mix. also they shouldn’t look suspicious, perhaps bring a camera and notepad along. not condoning any of this activity of course, just thinking out loud…

partner says it’s due to the notion in Taiwan that cannabis is a “gateway drug” to other drug use. which, to be fair, is a good argument when nearly all users of “hard” drugs began with cannabis. i’m excluding alcohol here because it is legal, not because it isn’t equally a “gateway” to other substance use, or without its serious detriments (ie being a literal neurotoxin). whether this perception changes is partially related to advocacy from those who’ve seen cannabis as at the very least, a less harmful psychoactive, possibly due to exposure in other countries, and/or, hard science/research done by Taiwanese showing the benefits of the plant. counting on the latter to be a big contributor if the govt here is ever going to seriously consider moving towards decriminalizing.

4 Likes

for anyone who’s ever seen this, it is unforgettable. or so i’ve heard.

*the geometry / visual sensory experience, not the video lol

It’s tough to drive a scooter on DMT. :open_mouth:

It’s impossible to even formulate the thought that you even exist.

1 Like