Psychedelic drugs could increase neural plasticity

Talk about driving under the influence…

Only for five minutes

And @strung.in

I really cant talk much on the subject, however it is changing. Nothing i can post that would help other peoples causes. Somethings are best left to those with actual influence. I agree there is no change now. Culturally, taiwan has been quite effectively brainwashed and it certainly persists today. what i am hinting at is that some government, health care and academics are playing the long game and the “slow retarded ship is turning”. My personal best guess, if current trends continue is 10 years. If the Chinese KMT get elected with another hard nose moron, perhaps longer. Deapite fact, lots still rides on the US making.things legal on a FEDERAL level. Mnay narcotics are controlled directly due to the US pressure, so its logical they need to change first. Especially for many Asian places. Some people i talk to say taiwan will never change, others say before Tsai is out it will be legal (medicinally). Both of those situations i find absolutely near impossible. However, in the case of medicinal weed, it wont be THAT long. Not comparing to an oregon styled decision which basically flipped overnight on everything under the sun. And, more or less, good for them. Surprising considering oregon was a key player in peyot e and religious freedoms on drugs, via native americn church, which eventually the santo daime and related churches also used for their imports of plants. But anyway, great for oregon. Taiwan wont do that, especially given the rcs, amphets and opiates that are raging throughout taiwan and largely not discussed by anyone outside the justice departments and investigators. So dont expect that to happen anytime soon…but logiclly via medicine expect taiwan to be a trailblazer in asia on psychedelics much like it was with gay marriage. Takes time though.

1 Like

Nice reply, but I respectfully disagree. Taiwan seems to have a similar attitude to the PRC on recreational drugs. It isn’t going to happen for a very long time if ever. The amount of tobacco smokers, drink drivers and betel nut eaters is declining , I do not see any reason why they would allow Cannabis or psychedelics’ to be legalized or even decriminalized.
Anyway massive props to Oregon. :v:

1 Like

Probably, though we may be agreeing? In my rant, if i wasnt clear, i am talking about medicinal use. Such as lowering the schedule to allow research and allow use, of weed, for medicinal use. In a taiwan sense this will be more about government, universities and certain companies getting permission to study and run trials as well as eventual prescriptions on what i am putting money on being extracted/purified products. I dont see a canada style in the sense people can go to the store and buy joints. At the very least there is no data to support combusting products and inhaling them to be a great positive, unless ones outcome is already terminal in the short term orthe pain is on such a high level to grant special permission. But the tides are turning for sure in the sense of CBD, THC and perhaps even psilocybin related products being perscribed by doctors. If morphine is ok given said schedules, it isnt at all far fetched legally speaking. It is probably more a cultural issue due to ignorance and previous brain washing. That, however, does seem to be globally unraveling. Even in canada it was process. Medicinal, decrim, legalize. Took decades to get there even.with a fairly on board culture.

10 years from now, see who buys drinks? Ill put a bar night on it…

2 Likes

I don’t see drugs being decriminalized in the USA on the Federal level.

The alphabet agencies fight wars, like actual hot wars in Latin America over it. They’re illegal because it allows the government to trample on human rights. Those people will fight tooth and nail to keep drugs criminalized, possibly even blackmailing or assassinating politicians. Remember the FBI’s beginning was actually more about blackmailing politicians than investigating crimes.

2 Likes

In ten years I will be real old , but ok if you bump this thread I will wager you on it, 5 drinks of your choice or mine :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yup. Agree. But stepping and looking down throughout history, most major “politcal” events have chan ged via uprisings. Or grassroots. Or whater catch phrase is in now, essentially the majority get tired of bullshit. The war on drugs is one such situation and people nowadays are becomming less and less willing to accept a mexican cartel making meth is the same as grandma killing her cancer pain with weed.

The final blow to most human rights is when even western countries allow internet censorship, which is already happening, and when we cant transfer information anymore the people who control the valves have the option of domination. Hence why the old american hard core freedom fighters are still respectable as that is our last stand. If everywhere is like north korea or china, gg. This is why, even when it comes to the war on drugs or the war on consciousness, open discussion should never be legally messed with. Its a defining point, which is absolutely why the prc and roc are actually different when it comes to drugs, although on the face the cultures might seem similar.

@crusher, no worries. Lets make it 5 years, med weed allowance for research and we can switch to tea :slight_smile: either way is fine.

3 Likes

Once I tried weed cos I heard online that it’s good, but I had a big panick attack. 0/10 would not recommend

1 Like

Internet is already being controlled, and the government could somehow get corporations to do the dirty work for them (for example Twitter or Google censoring your content because the government “encouraged” them to). And you can’t do anything about that because the US Constitution does not apply to corporations, it only applies to government.

Sure now it’s being used to shut down Trump but the fact is every human rights violation always begin with a very good reason. If they can shut down Trump they can shut down anyone.

Being blocked because of your location didn’t used to be a thing and now internet is much more controlled than before.

There are different strains apparently which give you different results. Not touched it in decades. Maybe someone with more knowledge would know more.

Yup. For me, i view this as a beginning of the end. There is no world this should be considered acceptable…but to each their own. Hopefully more people will start to put the future before their tv show.

The number of cannabis stores in (some parts of) Canada now is crazy. It only took ~half a century after the government recommended legalization to itself. :smoker::cactus:

Meanwhile in Thailand…

I’ll say it again: some people will make serious money from this, if they pounce at the right moment.

1 Like

Is thailand legal? Didnt think t was. They have been going in the opposite direction until very recently. Once the US, and by proxy the UN, changes its stance, thailand will be a quick reverter to the old ways.

Canada certainly did take its sweet precious time, but eventually overcame retardation of human rights on this one.

Although money can be made to me that is the wrong way to frame to situation. It is a moral problem of criminalizing medicines and plant species, not only about profits. That is the saddest part about the war on drugs, it is all about money and not at all about logic or compassion.

5 minutes that feels like 500 years.

You’re not taking the third toke then.

Long live the Acacia confusa.

1 Like

Drug war is all about suppression of rights.

Nixon said it himself, it’s all about being able to arrest blacks, hippies, etc. legally.

And I even wonder if agencies who enforce drug laws are a government onto themselves (meaning they do not answer to the US government).

You know in the US they have drug conspiracy charges, meaning they can jail anyone for 10 years, solely based on testimonies of a number of people. They do not need actual drugs or evidence of drugs.

It’s a very recent development, but it’s a logical progression from medicinal legalization. The article briefly mentions that the restaurant is (somehow) attached to a hospital.

1 Like

Now this is interesting

1 Like

I heard from people in Japan that Sakuraba “The Gracie Hunter” was at one time into Psychedelics. Now that could be complete bull, but I was in Japan around that time and knew a few people connected to Pride. He certainly fought out of the box !
Interesting link!