PUB QUIZ - MAY 13TH - AnimalsTawian

Yep, it’s that time again for all those know-it-alls to show us all just how much they REALLY know! :wink:

Date: May 13th, Sunday

Time: 5pm to about 9pm

Place : Capones - Taipei

It’s going to be a great night of questions, beer, good food, fun and great people raising money to help all the poor animals in Taiwan.

We are hoping to raise 50k to help with the refurbishment of all our rooms at the facility to house quarenteened animals and the animals getting ready for adoption.

Teams will be made up of a maximum of 6 people. $300 per person.

First prize will be given by Capones so you know it is going to be good. :smiley:

We will also have great raffle prizes and a 50/50 draw. :smiley:

So hurry up and get your teams booked with me (pm me).
We have 2 teams already. :notworthy:

Our quiz master will be posting soon to let you know a bit more about the quiz questions and the wonderful owner of Capones will also be posting soon to let you know of the great promotions that will be on that night. :bravo:

Well get your books out and start swatting. :rainbow: :sunglasses:

Liza

Yay! I love the quizzes! :slight_smile:

And this time we have more prizes than ever before. :bravo:

Plus, the food and service at Capone’s is outstanding. :notworthy:

And Animals Taiwan always have a good-looking MC to whip the crowd into a frenzy. :sunglasses:

Should be a cracker. :wink:

This quiz is going to be good. I plan to make it more fun with more music and video questions than last time.

I’m also hoping that someone can topple the ‘Game Club’ team from their throne.

I’ve started a thread here where you can suggest and vote on what kind of questions you want:

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 386#718386](Suggest a category for the Animals Taiwan Pub Quiz

Brian

I may just be able to be part of a team. After last year pretty much single-handedly carrying The Naural Born Quizzers and being conned out of my prizes by a leggy European :raspberry: I’m open to offers

We have a team with Fortigurn and wife, and two others. I’ve sent you the PM, Liza. :sunglasses: Hoooooooooo!

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]This quiz is going to be good. I plan to make it more fun with more music and video questions than last time.

I’m also hoping that someone can topple the ‘Game Club’ team from their throne.

I’ve started a thread here where you can suggest and vote on what kind of questions you want:

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 386#718386](Suggest a category for the Animals Taiwan Pub Quiz

Brian[/quote]

i thought my team was king of the hill…or have you been having secret quizzes and not inviting me?

hope the questions can be a bit harder this time :wink:

ps i actually can’t remember my teams name :blush: could be early onset alzheimers…

It’s looking good. We have 5 teams already and about 3 more just rounding up the members.
So hurry up and get your table booked.

Dragonbones i got your pm :slight_smile:

Bear i’m sure your team was “Bearback” or something :laughing: Shall i put you down for a table?

[quote=“UKbikerchic”]It’s looking good. We have 5 teams already and about 3 more just rounding up the members.
So hurry up and get your table booked.

Dragonbones i got your pm :slight_smile:

Bear i’m sure your team was “Bearback” or something :laughing: Shall i put you down for a table?[/quote]

bearback was the name you came up with…i came up with something much pithier… so pithy it’s escaped my memory altogether…but yes i’ll take a table and get back to you with another, yet more epoch-defining nomenclature

(just trying to psych out the oppo with my enormous vocabulary)

Any one want me ?

through the empty silence, somewhere an owl hoots

cold bro’, obscure, but cold…

funk 500’s also looking; should be easy to form a team of various forumosan odds and bods…

Well there’s the team name right there. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I’m gonna have to miss this event because I have to go to the Mrs’ sister’s wedding in Kaohsiung on the same day…Bugger! I was looking forward to flexing my stupid trivia brain…

Were you in the same team as ImaniOU? The team with ImaniOU always wins.

Brian

We’re up to 8 teams. This is going to be a great night. :sunglasses:

Make sure you get there early to get a good table.

And don’t worry if you don’t have a team yet, turn up on the night and i’m sure we can put a couple of teams together or of course if you just want to come on by have a few beers, enjoy the laughs and take part in the raffle, you are more than welcome.

This is going to be a night you won’t want to miss out on.

Anyone ? Please…

I’m going to have a little cry… by myself…

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Anyone ? Please…

I’m going to have a little cry… by myself…[/quote]I’m thinking of going but not definite about that weekend yet. If I do go, I’d like to be on your team. But I’m also thinking that I don’t want to cramp your style when a bevy of lovelies clamour to be on your team.

I think it’s time to retire my quiz team hat. I’ve been a part of the dominating teams in Taipei for three or four years now. Perhaps it’s time to let someone else win. :smiley: I’ll be more than happy to support the cause, but…

Nevermind. I can’t resist trivia quizzes. They’re like Kryptonite.

Hard to Google/ uh, “whatever our other name was the last time we won”, are y’all up for it again?

Were you in the same team as ImaniOU? The team with ImaniOU always wins.

Brian[/quote]

whoops i guess i’m losing track of time here…i was in one at the kane and i realise it must have been about 9 months ago now!!

seems like only yesterday i was lifting the trophy aloft…

i guess imaniou wasn’t there that day since she always wins… :slight_smile:

i do remember the questions were music based, it was dead easy, and my team got a near perfect score…

Ah yes. That was the music quiz. You are the undefeated champions of music quiz. Anoraks supreme!

ImaniOU’s team are the reigning champions of the general knowledge quiz. The last one was at the Brass Monkey and wasn’t too difficult. ImaniOU’s team managed to get just four wrong.

This one will be a little harder (but not too hard).

There will be eight questions in each round. Two of these eight questions will lead to bonus questions. One bonus question will be an extra-tricky one. The other bonus question will be a list question. You’ll have until the end of the round for your team to write as many answers on the back of your answer sheet (eg, name as many as possible of the UN member states starting with ‘C’). Only the team(s) with the most answers will get the bonus point.

The bonus questions should sort the wheat from the chaff?

Are you wheat or are you chaff? What is chaff? If you don’t know you probably are it.

Brian