Rare Ice Cream Finds

Yes. I misread that. Don’t know why. The RT-Marts are fewer and further between than even the big Carrefours. I quite like the one in Tucheng but that’s only because it has a small area devoted to imported goods. The other ones I live without quite successfully.

2 Likes

Haagen Dazs is my biggest expense after rent… But it’s so good. Any other super premium brands that can take on the HD? Fyi I feel Ben and Jerry’s is not premium ice cream

Read the thread! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Saw mini Coldstone ice cream tubs at 7-11 last night.

2 Likes

Jason’s Anhe has Talenti. Mostly sorbet, but a few other cream flavors. Talenti is my absolute favorite store bought ice cream. I grabbed this one

Oh lord, if you ever see their key lime pie, DO NOT HESITATE

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Shaved Ice

The peanut butter flavor is amazing. I tried it for the first time last weekend, and it might be my new favorite.

1 Like

My favorite Taiwanese style ice cream. A small shop in Caota, a little town near the airport.

Sesame, chocolate, strawberry and passion fruit pictured.

2 Likes

Ok- yes they are! I just bought 4 and have had the white chocolate/raspberry one. I’m trying my best not to open another, but I’ll be going back to buy more before the offer is over. When a Twix bar is 40NT? , paying 60 for one of these sounds reasonable.

1 Like

Maybe not new, but new to me today. Tastes awesome! Just like in Japan.

2 Likes

I always enjoy KFC’s ice cream mochis. They’re really good.

2 Likes

I don’t know if anybody mentioned this but the Duroyal and Meiji ice cream stands at Beimen underground market/station are great, they’re generous with the scoop and it’s like 30 ntd.

2 Likes

Yep! I go to him all the time!

I like this one. Japanese Apple Pie ice cream from 711.

$69

5 Likes

“Anything Japanese is good”.

@Marco Is that in the underground mall near Beimen MRT Station, next to all the Indonesian joints?

Guy

Yeah. Taipei City Mall. The only mall in the world that combines cheap Asian fashion, Indonesian restaurants and GLORIOUS video games!

3 Likes

I think you left out the maid and butler cafes. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

There’s only one…

You are clearly more on top of this mall than I am.

I admit though that I am intrigued by its eclectic mix. :upside_down_face:

Guy