Rare Ice Cream Finds

Good ice cream, caramel and chocolate? Need I say more?

1 Like

I think if we’re raving about something and we haven’t found a way to transmit taste over the internet… It’s time to bust out the wallet and see for yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Eating and discussing all this ice cream is a way to make sure that we still have a sense of taste (and smell), and that hopefully we do not have COVID!

At least that’s my excuse.

Guy

5 Likes

Yes, if your sense of taste is working even under icily chilled conditions, surely all must be well?

1 Like

That’s my rationale. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

Ate the caramel version of the Ekselence tonight.

OMG

Better than an orgasm and lasts longer too.

@DrewC I think another cigarette is needed here, pronto! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

I wish Haagen Dazs weren’t so expensive in Taiwan.

As per Food for Foreigners in FB my wish to finally see a Napolitano ice cream in Taiwan has been granted…selling in a hypermarket in the middle of a @#$&!! pandemic. :sob: :rant: :sob:

Would love to…but don’t dare. With my luck, I’d go to my local one and there would be none…

RT Mart BTW.

2 Likes

That’s an Australian brand, right?

Anyone tried it?

Guy

I did try the caramel Ekselence (it was hiding in the 7/11 freezer the whole time) and you won’t like what I have to say. :grimacing: Objectively, I agree it’s a good ice cream bar, but in terms of my personal tastes it’s too sweet for me. I had that sickly sweet feeling in my stomach and felt like my teeth would rot out after I had it. I prefer the slightly more subdued stuff like a cookies n’ cream Haagen Dazs bar. Alas, for thee, but not for me.

1 Like

These are also at PxMart. I bought the salted caramel and chocolate one pretty good. The cookie is very soft.

1 Like

:sob: Even worse. PX Mart is so close…and yet so far.

One thing I did not have time to buy before TSHTF was ice cream. I usually stock my freezer with Meji bars for summer. Alas, did not move fast enough this year and unless we go to level 2 and there is still this ice cream left, I won’t have the chance to try it. :sob:

新巨蛋門市 7-11 has five. Yes, I can see what is also in the top right. But I only noticed them just now while uploading the photo! I hope they’re still there. Looks like @Marco 's kiwis may be there too.

Whilst in family mart (板橋漢江店) they have Twix ice cream bars (are they any good?) and I thought I’d struck gold when I saw the blue and white wrapper next to them and guessed it was a Bounty ice cream bar. Unfortunately it turned out to have a polar bear on the label and not Bounty, so I walked out empty handed. Now I’ve reread this thread I’m wondering if that was the Pols that @Celeborn mentioned?

Yes it is!

Guy

1 Like

Does anyone know why there are left and right versions of the Twix ice-cream?

1 Like

The only disappointment I experienced is about you seemingly have run out of cigarettes.

Guy

I finally saw the surgeon general’s report and discovered they were bad! Just looking after your health!

2 Likes

I can confirm 711 is carrying snickers ice cream bars again. This time they are twice the size and twice the price.

Word of warning, they melt extremely fast!

3 Likes

One is for the alt-right proud boys, the other one is for the Antifa Supersoldiers.

It’s just a marketing gag. The candy bar comes in a pack of two. So you have a “left” one and a “right” one in the pack.