Rare Ice Cream Finds

As an ice cream, i would try that. As a pizza, its borderline offensive.

1 Like

Wellcome used to stock B&J’s ice cream. Except I’d never trust the local freezers in our branch: once or twice I bought already melted ice cream. No idea if Carrefour will continue this.

Carrefour has a secret policy if you request via their paper feedback forms, they must make a good-faith effort to attain the product and test it out in the real world.

4 Likes

Took my first trip to the new Ikea in Neihu for the first time and saw these at the RT Mart on ground floor.

Looked tempting, but pricey, and haven’t tried them before. Are they worth it?

2 Likes

I bought a box at Carrefour a few weeks ago: not really worth it at the NT$299 price there (I believe they were supposed to be on special and I’d expected to pay less than that, but it was one of those times I didn’t notice the price discrepancy until I got home). Tasty but the cookie part was very, very soft.

For roughly the same price, four Ekselence bars are much more worthwhile!

Bulla is from Australia, right?

The rare times I’ve tried their products, I have not found them to be worth the price.

Guy

Yeah, I shouldn’t have bought them. It was a moment of weakness: I hadn’t found an Ekslence bar in a while, and I was once again disappointed to see that Ben & Jerry’s hadn’t returned to the local Carrefour.

RT Mart by my place has Vanilla, Americone Dream, and Peanut Butter Cup.

1 Like

I tried it, they’re very sweet. I have a sweet tooth but it’s too much for me.

Also, the cookie part is soft instead of crunchy.

City Super. Don’t know what it is.

1 Like

It looks like what used to be branded “Salt and Bread,” after the “Russian” restaurant that closed shop 10+ years ago.

Yeah, others have posted about RT-Mart as well. Unfortunately they’re all quite far away from Danshui - I guess the Bade branch is closest to me? I don’t think I’ve ever even gone to that chain.

Yup. I didn’t mind the sweetness at all because my sweet tooth is ridiculous, but the sponginess of the “cookie” (more like a brownie, really) gives it a lot of minus points. Virtually no texture difference between the cookie and the ice cream.

Russian ice cream, it’s good

1 Like

I like their rum and raisin

Are the Ekselence ice creams that good?

Is Latvia close to Russia? :rofl:

Guy

5 posts were split to a new topic: Froyo Finds

There are quite a few PXMarts in Tamsui.

Clipboard01

Man I spent like 290nt on two boxes of ice creams. One is those 杜老爺 cones, quite good and convenience stores sell them at close to 50nt each (a box comes with 4, and the box costs 155), another is also a box of the same brand, vanilla ice cream with chocolate covering, and that one costs like 115 or something. That comes in a box of 5. It’s extravagant as far as ice cream goes for me, but these are decent ice creams. I saw those Excellance ice cream bars at 7-11 but I am not sure if they are worth the money.

And I know Carrefour is cheaper, but Carrefour is far enough away that in this summer heat, it will not make it home with the bus ride and all that, unless I pack my bags with dry ice. This is one reason why I often hesitate to buy ice cream from Carrefour.

1 Like

PX-Marts, yes - but are those connected to RT-Marts? I thought they were different chains.

For what it’s worth I’ve never seen Ben & Jerry’s in any of the PX-Marts.

1 Like