Rare Ice Cream Finds

Has anyone seen the Meiji melon flavor anywhere? :cry:

I think it indeed was the one with the polar bear one in your second photo

I dropped by a different Family Mart in my neighborhood today and took this shot. I also bought those two as well :smiley:

3 Likes

You’re allowed to eat them on the street. Stay far away from others and you are good. I do it. It’s legal. MP told me it’s legal.

*Not legal advice

2 Likes

You get a deal if you buy two.

I think the Pol’s double chocolate ones (partially visible on the right in the photo posted above) are pretty good. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

Don’t know if you’re joking or not, but I’m a round eyes. Even if it were legal, someone would take a pic of the bad maskless foreigner (being an ice cream glutton to boot) and it’d be all over social media before you can say “banana peel.”

I’m not joking. I do it. They can take pics of me all they want. I got confirmation from my Member of Parliament friend.

When it goes online, I’ll sue for defamation.

Then i’ll roll in the cash.

1 Like

I ordered some ice cream here last week. The oolong flavour is really good. I also really wanted the avocado flavour but they said it’s not in season yet.

2 Likes

It’s funny, before moving to Taiwan I would have thought, “Eww, avocado flavor ice cream?!” But ever since discovering the deliciousness of avocado milk in Taiwan, well, now I’m on board for the ice cream as well! :avocado: :ice_cream:

4 Likes

Having had my share of Latvian ice cream this summer at various 7-11s and Family Marts, I thought I was done for a while. That was until I spotted in the freezer section of my local PX Mart some Pols ice cream sandwiches (a compact box of three cost me NT$149); the official name is something like Pols Cepuma, with an image of a polar bear walking across the front.

The soft chocolate chip cookies in this delectable product are slightly salty, contrasting nicely with and accentuating the flavour of the creamy vanilla ice cream sandwiched in the middle. The small chocolate chips in the cookies add a satisfying element of texture and crunch.

Once again: recommended! :grin:

Guy

3 Likes

RT Mart by our place has Ben & Jerry’s. Milk and Cookies, Peanut Butter Cup, and Americone Dream. I spend about a hundred bucks a month on ice cream lately.

No regrets.

1 Like

That gets me two (2) of the Latvian ice cream cookie sandwiches from PX Mart. :thinking:

Guy

Traitor! :grin:

Kidding.

2 Likes

Magnum Ice Cream Bars are on sale at Family Mart. Right now. Just bought one. It’s a UK import, the genuine article. Full flavor. Creamy, Divine!

5 Likes

Damn you convenience stores of Taiwan. You are making my life, well, larger now!

Guy

1 Like

Has anyone seen vegan chocolate ice cream? Or anything that isn’t fruit and ice :sob:

1 Like

I don’t think Taiwanese know what vegan means :rofl:

I’m kidding.

2 Likes

Between the premium ice cream and beer it’s stocking these days, Family Mart is quickly supplanting 7/11 as the numbah one convenience store in Taiwan.

1 Like

I’m not usually a big ice cream guy, but I found this one at PXMart that caught my eye, and boy am I glad I tried it.

If you’re into bubble tea or the “Q/QQ” mouthfeel, this is a winner.

1 Like

I vote for the little cartons of Meiji chocolate ice-cream, sold at many Family Marts and perhaps elsewhere. It says “Super Cup” written in katakana, for those who are literate in Japanese.

Now that I think about it, their matcha ice cream is also pretty refreshing during the summer. : D

Guy

1 Like

I’m with @afterspivak on the Meiji ones. A lot of the ice creams here are, well, worryingly cheap.

Note we’ve already got a few ice cream threads:

And two Ben & Jerry’s threads! Mods, maybe merge those two, since apparently @tempogain is on a bit of a merging kick this morning?:

2 Likes