RBG Passed away

They seem to grasp what they’re up against:

Sharks versus Jets. Or maybe blade runners versus replicants.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-09-26/amy-coney-barrett-deserves-to-be-on-the-supreme-court

3 Likes

I put this in here because of this statement:

Beyond that, Trump delivered on the 2016 campaign promises that were important to me then: He lowered taxes; he appointed judges to the federal bench who hew strictly to the Constitution; he has, at every turn, pushed for merit-based immigration; and he has rescinded a whole host of unnecessary regulations. His agenda was, and continues to be, pro-business, pro-family and pro-life.

People come to the US to get what we have codified in the Constitution, not some modern interpretation of something going on just right now. They come for stability. Packing the Court and impeaching Justices I imagine simply reminds them of @Icon calls the old country.

I’m up to the France part of my book and thinking yeah…we really don’t need a social revolution right now. A bit more patience maybe, a bit more teamwork, and lot less tearing one another’s asses apart for not thinking the same way about everything. :smoker:

4 Likes

If they can put a man on the moon…

No fear.

1 Like

So, we’re going full WWE.

Once again, much thanks to Harry Reid. :mushroom: :cloud: :bowing:

3 Likes

Calvinball:

2 Likes

Oops. Wrong thread.

With just days until the election, some Senate Republicans are suggesting that when it comes to the Supreme Court, eight is enough. Eight justices, that is.

For the first time, some Senate Republicans are saying that if Hillary Clinton is elected, the GOP should prevent anyone she nominates from being confirmed to fill the current court vacancy, or any future vacancy.

The pronouncements are such a break with history and tradition that they often provoke the response, “Really?” Some see such statements as little more than an attempt to motivate the Republican base to get out and vote. Others, however, see the trend as a further deterioration of American institutions of government.

Sen. John McCain was the first. Appearing on a conservative radio talk show, he said that if Clinton is elected, “I promise you that we will be united against any Supreme Court nominee [that] she would put up.” His press secretary quickly tried to backpedal, but McCain himself has not.Sen. John McCain was the first. Appearing on a conservative radio talk show, he said that if Clinton is elected, “I promise you that we will be united against any Supreme Court nominee [that] she would put up.” His press secretary quickly tried to backpedal, but McCain himself has not.
But [Republican Senator] Burr, in a tough re-election battle in North Carolina, said in a tape-recorded meeting with Republican volunteers last weekend, “If Hillary becomes president, I am going to do everything I can do to make sure four years from now, we still got an opening on the Supreme Court.”

As for Cruz, he suggested there is nothing sacrosanct about having nine justices. For support, he pointed to a statement made by Justice Stephen Breyer during an interview in which Breyer noted that the court has historically functioned with as few as five or six justices.

This is cool.

I will admit, I didn’t watch much of the Senate show. I knew she was a sure thing. But this makes it worth it. Awesome!

Blind vs sighted = not a profitable identity to exploit.

Would not be surprised if Dem squirms turn into accusations that Wolk and ACB both are white supremacists, however, based on the color of their skin. All the Dems need is some time.

Fake news! How could Wolf know that Barrett “looked at me intently”?

Perjury charges are coming. The walls are closing in.

Mitch isn’t messing around.

It was a shoe-in from the get go.

Of course, but I thought they would drag it out a week or two.

They need a win to take on the campaign trail.

1 Like

He’s a doer.

Jesus H Christ, wtf are the dems doing?

This is spectacularly unhinged.

2 Likes

Vote is going down.

And it is done.

The waaaaaa is strong in this one:

Minority rule is the new sound bite…been seeing it here on the flob too. 60+ million people voted for Trump. His term was January summin 2017 to January summin 2021.

The dems should just go back to taking care of people, something they used to be very good at. They suck at politics. It’s like teenagers arguing.

But…lest we forget…thanks again Harry Reid, you dolt! Now we have a Conservative minded Court for DECADES.

3 Likes