Royal Nazis?

Whether you agree with the Royal family or not, the fact is that Harry is just a kid.
.[/quote]

He is not a kid. He is 20 years old. He became a man, an adult, at 18. Of course, he meant no harm by this silly thing he did, and his heart is not black, but ye gods, man, he is 20 fucking years old! That is not a kid anymore.

[quote=“Shenme Niao”]
…what are those swastikas I see on the MRT maps,
that say “temple”… I thought the nazis all hid in Argentina…[/quote]

Those are not nazi swastikas. Those are Buddhist marks for sacred grounds. If you look closely, the nazi swastikas are shaped like an S, while these Buddhist marks, found all over Asia, are inverted S shapes. Not the same thing.

However, good point, SN. Hitler’s PR guy who turned the swastika into such a global thing, of course, took the mark from the buddhist sanskrit symbol for “perfection” or whatever, I think it was a sun sign, and inverted it for German use as a symbol for Addie’s wartime games. Who knew?

Whether you agree with the Royal family or not, the fact is that Harry is just a kid.
.[/quote]

He is not a kid. He is 20 years old. He became a man, an adult, at 18. Of course, he meant no harm by this silly thing he did, and his heart is not black, but ye gods, man, he is 20 f***ing years old! That is not a kid anymore.[/quote]
Really? you’re telling me that every human being on this planet has the exact same level of maturity at the exact same age??
As for my other comments on this topic, I apologize to all I have offended. Unfortunately I assumed that because I viewed things with a certain perspective some others might. Obviously others have given power to symbols that I haven’t. Others have chosen to dwell on the past whereas I have moved on.

politics.guardian.co.uk/columnis … 78,00.html

And apparently Prince William was with him, and it didn’t occur to him either that this may not be such a good idea.

God knows the Windsors have never been the brightest bulbs on the tree, and bringing Di into the gene pool didn’t help, so shouldn’t it be obvious by now to both government and palace that this circus need full time handlers?

And to my fellow Canucks- all due respect to Her Majesty Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada (and also, I’ve heard, some small islands scattered in the North Sea); isn’t it about time to say enough is enough and end this particular tradition?

MikeN, Prince William was with him, yes, and he DID say later that he felt bad that he didn’t try to persuade his little bro to choose something else. He HAS admitted his regrets about this, yes.

BUT I HAVE ONE QUESTION for everyone: how did this photo ever make it into the public prints anyways?

I mean, it was a private party, no media allowed, no reporters were there, so WHO took the picture (names?) and WHY did they give it to the media? I assume there are lots of people at these parties, all upper class same sames, with cameras, digital cameras, and someone said HARRY LOOK THIS WAY, and he did. But WHO TOOK THE PIC?

Enquiring minds want to know.

And it was a PRIVATE PARTY so it’s none of our damn business anyway.

Time heals all wounds. Nobody bats an eye if someone dresses up like Attila the Hun or Genghis Khan or Caligula. People dress up like vampires and if you read anything about Vlad the Impaler, he was one EVIL mother-f*cker. 100 years from now, once all the victims of the Holocaust and WWII and their blood relations are all dead, we’ll feel the same way about the Nazis and Hitler, that we feel about those murdering, raping, pillaging Viking scum today. I can even picture them being a punchline, they’ll have a “Adolf the Awful” comic strip running in the funnies in 2205.

But while veterans and victims of WWII are still alive to see it, I agree that it is offensive to their memories.

Today at the Eslite Bookstore in Shihlin, I saw notebooks on sale with your choice of Lenin, Che or Mao on the cover. Go figure. :unamused:

I know I’m going to hate myself in the morning for asking this question but I got used to being the punk kid in the class with the big mouth a long time ago so . . .

Bring 'em on!

Why is it that wearing symbols of one mass murderer, Hitler, is heinous while assuming the moniker of another, even more prolific mass murderer, Josef Stalin, is merely cute?

I know there’s an answer which is obvious to everyone else and I’m just ‘not getting it’ but I’m just not getting it.

“The Soviet Union appears to be the greatest megamurderer of all, apparently killing near 61,000,000 people. Stalin himself is responsible for almost 43,000,000 of these. Most of the deaths, perhaps around 39,000,000 are due to lethal forced labor in gulag and transit thereto.”

[quote=“spook”]
Why is it that wearing symbols of one mass murderer, Hitler, is heinous while assuming the moniker of another, even more prolific mass murderer, Josef Stalin, is merely cute?[/quote]

Maybe because I like f-u-c-k-ing with the Lefties here. They like to spout their bullshit and here I am to remind them “Be careful what you wish for.” For most of them, it zooms right over their pointy little heads.

(And while we’re asking questions…why do you use the racist moniker, “spook”?)

Whoops. Hit a nerve.

Okay. I’ll re-phrase the question.

Why is wearing a Nazi armband heinous while wearing a hammer and sickle armband ‘cute’?

Main Entry: 1spook
Pronunciation: 'sp

[quote=“spook”]Whoops. Hit a nerve.

Okay. I’ll re-phrase the question.

Why is wearing a Nazi armband heinous while wearing a hammer and sickle armband ‘cute’?[/quote]

First, I don’t think it was heinous.

Second, I have a better mustache.

Third, I always thought you were a Danish woman into kinky lingerie.

spook.dk/

:laughing: :laughing:

A ‘Danish woman into kinky lingerie’? All I could see was what looked like a fully clothed postulant contemplating the first day of the rest of her life in the nunnery. Some turn on. Either you’re losing your touch or my wife has those sneaky lao gong filters turned on on our computer again.

The @!&!@# . . .

Anyway, am I totally out of the loop here or are we not sitting around clucking like a bunch of old ladies at the heinousness of His Royal Harry . . . Heinous . . . His Holi . . .

Aw, heck, you know what I mean.

. . . His Harry Royal Highness . . . ?

Somebody help me out here before I get myself in trouble and say something else that ticks Senor Pepto-Bismol off. I’m already on thin ice with him and you’ll only have yourself to blame if things start getting ugly around here.

[quote=“mod lang”]Time heals all wounds. Nobody bats an eye if someone dresses up like Attila the Hun or Genghis Khan or Caligula. People dress up like vampires and if you read anything about Vlad the Impaler, he was one EVIL mother-f*cker. 100 years from now, once all the victims of the Holocaust and WWII and their blood relations are all dead, we’ll feel the same way about the Nazis and Hitler, that we feel about those murdering, raping, pillaging Viking scum today. I can even picture them being a punchline, they’ll have a “Adolf the Awful” comic strip running in the funnies in 2205.

But while veterans and victims of WWII are still alive to see it, I agree that it is offensive to their memories.[/quote]
You obviously have a better way of getting your point across on a forum than I do. Thanks.

[quote=“spook”]I know I’m going to hate myself in the morning for asking this question but I got used to being the punk kid in the class with the big mouth a long time ago so . . .

Bring 'em on!quote]

Isn’t that something Bush said at his fund raising after 9/11 and the USA invaded Iraq?

Harry tried on an SS outfit at Cotswold Costumes, but sadly it didn’t fit and had to resort to the Afrika Corps.

British press have gotten slightly OTT about the toffs, they’re all a bunch of utter prats anyway. That no-one in his circle thought ‘Hmm…what has Nazism gotta do with ‘Colonials and Natives’ anyhow?’…They are called ‘Club H’. Jeez.

It really shouldn’t affect his chances from getting into Sandhurst I reckon. 'The academy famously trained Sani Abacha of Nigeria, Johnny Koroma of Sierra Leone, alleged Etonian mercenary Simon Mann, a clutch of crooked defence ministers from oil-rich states and most of the Ghanaian and Nigerian cabinets.

“You never know who you’ll get. Prince Abdul might turn up in his Ferrari, the Jordanians and the Saudis send their lot here, but they donated a hockey pavilion,”

The best thing out of all of this is that Wills came as a leopard. In tights.

Smart way to be a dumbass royal: Go to a costume party themed “colonials and natives” and dress up as a giant, beer-swilling condom. When the story breaks the next day, point out that you were deliberately trying to bring awareness to the tragic AIDS situation currently existing in many African countries. Refer tearfully to your mum’s efforts to help AIDS victims, and watch as the media clamors to back you up.

Dumb way to be a dumbass royal: Dress up as a Nazi and get photographed. Have PR flacks offer up a tepid apology. Pretend to be willing to go to Auschwitz and then back out at the last minute. Pray for skinhead groups to stop backing you up.

[quote=“BroonAle”]Off (with) his head.

This is just typical of upper class twits who are the products of centuries of in-breeding amongst the aristocracy and royalty. Harry is the unsurprising product of a jug-eared gardener and a bulemic brainless bimbo craving a discount at Harrods.

Why should British taxpyers have to fund fuckwits like this? We should just abolish the monarchy altogether and be done with them. [/quote]

You must ahve alot of inbred, upper class twits in the UK. :laughing:

[quote]
Half Britons not heard of Auschwitz

December 02, 2004

NEARLY half of Britons have never heard of the Nazi concentration camp of Auschwitz in southern Poland, a BBC television poll revealed today.

The poll comes just ahead of the 60th anniversary of the camp’s liberation.

Forty-five per cent of the 4,000 people questioned for the survey by BBC Two said they had never heard of the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp, the television channel said.[/quote]

theaustralian.news.com.au/co … 02,00.html

Back to the original topic, here’s an interesting article about Harry:

lewrockwell.com/spectator2/spec543.html