Rugby: 2010 Super 14

Another site ‘game’ you guys and gals can check out is called Fantasy Rugby (testrugby.com) where you’re knowledge of the Super 14 tournament will really be tested.

I opened a pool called ‘Moeilikheid’ and you can click on this link to join.
www.testrugby.com/s1410/default.asp?rid=137209
Invitation code: 137209

I normally play both Superbru and fantasy rugby. It’s a lot of fun.
Bravo, Tango. Over and out.

[quote=“Elf1nDrak3”]Another site ‘game’ you guys and gals can check out is called Fantasy Rugby (testrugby.com) where you’re knowledge of the Super 14 tournament will really be tested.

testrugby.com/s1410/default.asp?rid=137209

Bravo, Tango. Over and out.[/quote]
I also usually play that but I find it takes up a lot of time for me having to check which players are playing each week… If more of the guys join up I’ll enter a team. Let us know how many of the usual suspects are signed up.

Yeah. I do fantasy football and that’s really time consuming. Selecting 15 players each week? I can’t.

[quote=“Elf1nDrak3”]Another site ‘game’ you guys and gals can check out is called Fantasy Rugby (testrugby.com) where you’re knowledge of the Super 14 tournament will really be tested.

testrugby.com/s1410/default.asp?rid=137209

Bravo, Tango. Over and out.[/quote
Elf,how long would you spend on a week to week basis? More than 30 mins a week would be a bit much for me.

[quote=“Wandering”]
Elf,how long would you spend on a week to week basis? More than 30 mins a week would be a bit much for me.[/quote]
Come now. You have lots of time. You only spend 5 seconds per week .on. your. superbru .predictions. :smiley:

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“Wandering”]
Elf,how long would you spend on a week to week basis? More than 30 mins a week would be a bit much for me.[/quote]
Come now. You have lots of time. You only spend 5 seconds per week .on. your. superbru .predictions. :smiley:[/quote]
:roflmao:

I suspect he’s going to kill us this week. I just have this feeling. Then again, that could also just be yesterday’s stew… :ponder:

Haha, I would hope so Mr.B.

I played the Fantasy Rugby one about 2 years ago, when I was back in SA and I have to admit, I did have more time on my hands.

I would normally spend about 15 minutes a week on Superbru, playing about everything, from S14 to F1. I didn’t like playing ones like the Champs League and so because I don’t really follow Football and therefor are still a spring chicken in that area.
This year I would have liked to take on Fantasy Rugby again, but I have to agree with all of you. It takes too much time. :bow:

The Six Nations is always a gamble also because I’m not really following the Northern Rugby. But THIS week,… man oh man. The real game starts :smiley: The Super 14!

Here I come :popcorn:

I’ve made my picks for round one! Let the games begin!

You certainly made some interesting ones!

You certainly made some interesting ones![/quote]
You never know what to expect from the first round. Last year’s form counts for nothing and all you have to go on is rumours about injuries, new contracts etc. The first round is more luck than anything, so I went a tad conservative on the scores. I don’t expect I’ll correct with many, if any, so I’m just hoping to get as many winners as possible.
Also, I went for the Lions over the Stormers because I hate the Stormers, but I still picked a low score in case the Stormers win by 1-4 points so that I still get something.
But these things can be tricky and I could be wrong in every single game. :idunno:

The thing is you never can tell with these opening exchanges between local teams. The Sharks vs Chiefs game is going to be interesting, though. My heart is with the Banana Boys, but I’m afraid they have too many problems and might be in for a hiding.
It will be nice if the Bulls can start off with a bang, but I doubt their match up with the Cheetahs will produce anything near as spectacular as the final last year.
And those tossers, the Lions. Who knows. They’re like the French in a way. They could very well destroy the Stormers and then go on to lose every single match thereafter, just sneak home, or give up the ghost after an initial feisty 20 minutes. And as far as the Stormers go, as much as I hate the bastards, if they don’t do well this year they never will. Especially seeing as how the poached Jaque Fourie and my beloved Bryan. Oh the injustice! :cry:

Honestly, unless I’m missing something, the only hiding I really foresee this weekend is the Crusaders vs the Highlanders, although, even there the Highlanders might surprise us. But, being in Christchurch I doubt it.

Three more hours 'til kick off in the opener between the Blues and the Hurricanes. I hope the Canes CANE them!

once you pick, you can’t revise. I have a nasty feeling my picks are all going to be wrong this week. Good luck to all, and last chance for any others to register and log some picks.

No worries, mate. At least we still have 15 more weeks of delicious rugby to make up for bad picks in round one!

Hey Biz! Can I come around to your place and watch the rugby? I’ll bring beer and my Stormers jersey.

Are you serious? If so, you’re most welcome!

Are you serious? If so, you’re most welcome![/quote]
Thank you, Sir. Only half-serious, but we really must do it sometime. :thumbsup:

To get to Tainan City you’ve gotta to through Chiayi County, through the Booze Barricade.

When I visit Mr Bismarck, I expect to get there in one piece. I’ll see YOU on the way back! :smiley:

When I visit Mr Bismarck, I expect to get there in one piece. I’ll see YOU on the way back! :smiley:[/quote]

Sounds like a good plan. Henceforth (to throw off those pesky wimims) the trip south should be described as a business trip; you’re attending a Jiayi Turkey Rice Franchise Seminar, not going on a rugby boozefest . :slight_smile:

Captain Bismarck, I will join the SuperBru later this evening - been too busy to take a look at team strengths.

[quote=“almas john”]

Captain Bismarck, I will join the SuperBru later this evening - been too busy to take a look at team strengths.[/quote]
You don’t have much time. Just go and make some random predictions or you’ll miss out on the first round. As The Captain remarked earlier, it’s the first round of matches, so there’s not really much form to go on. Expect an upset or two.

When I visit Mr Bismarck, I expect to get there in one piece. I’ll see YOU on the way back! :smiley:[/quote]

Sounds like a good plan. Henceforth (to throw off those pesky wimims) the trip south should be described as a business trip; you’re attending a Jiayi Turkey Rice Franchise Seminar, not going on a rugby boozefest . :slight_smile:

Captain Bismarck, I will join the SuperBru later this evening - been too busy to take a look at team strengths.[/quote]
Good to see you back. Look forward to having you on Superbru.