Russia invades Ukraine: Specific Developments 2023

Several times before the collision the Su-27 fighter jets dumped fuel on the drone in a “reckless, environmentally unsound and unprofessional manner”, it said.

howdareyou

We need better smack, this is just embarrassing.

I propose squid ink

We won’t know the really number of casualties until after the war ends, and maybe not even then.

Ukraine uses the propaganda of Russian casualties to scare Russians from fighting since Russia allows it’s fighting aged men to leave the country and “holiday” to escape conscription, while Ukraine doesn’t let anyone leave apart from the very wealthy that can bribe officials, and rides around kidnapping men in black vans whenever they need more cannon fodder.

2 Likes

The sons of wealthy Russians are holidaying, usually in London, Cyprus, or Thailand. Ukraine’s policy seems more egalitarian, at least for most.

1 Like

Just to clarify: the words above in the block labeled “Charlie_Jack” are not mine; I was just quoting this BBC News article:

I’m traveling now, and there are plenty not so rich Russians that left also.

There are lots of cheap places around Russian people can travel to if need be.

In Ukraine, yes, it is only the rich or connected that are able to get out.

1 Like

If Russia hadn’t invaded Ukraine nether country would have draft dodgers.

4 Likes

I don’t get your point. Is it a draft dodger competition that Russians are winning?

1 Like

If America didnt orchestrate a violent coup in Ukraine to Install racist fascists that see ethnic Russians as sub humans, and proceeded to bomb civilians, ban language, culture and religion, wanted to expand NATO and wanted nukes on Russia’s border, also there wouldn’t be what you said.

2 Likes

Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizz

My point is that Ukraine has a strong incentive to lie and scare Russians into not fighting.

It’s also important to remember that until Ukraine lets it’s fighting aged men leave, we won’t really know how many Ukrainians actually want to fight Russians and how many would go over to the other side.

For all the calls of totalitarianism, Russia is more free than Ukraine is because it doesn’t lock its citizens in its own borders.

1 Like

Of course Ukraine wants Russians to stop fighting. If lying helps in order to stop Russians fighting, why not. Of course Ukraine won’t allow its fighting age men to leave. Otherwise it would lose.

I shan’t bother wasting my time with the totalitarianism nonsense. Putin.

2 Likes

With all attentions on Bakhmut, a lot less reporting have been done on Avdiivka, which is pretty much suffering the same fate as Bakhmut, if not worse, since Russian already gain control over the main road used for Ukrainian supply and withdraw.

Russians seem to have sent commandos into the city center of Bakhmut by crossing the Bakhmut Ka river, but Ukrainians claim they have been eliminated by snipers. Though the larger picture is still not going well for Ukraine as Russia continues to push forward inch by inch.

It’s probably time for Ukraine to make the hard decision to risk stranding troops in Bakhmut or pull out under intensive artillery fire.

1 Like

For people that don’t know, Advivka is full of entrenched Nazi radicals, and once it is a hole in the ground a lot of the bombing in Donbas of civilians will come to an end.

I personally would have dropped a nuke on that place a long time ago, and it was the general Ukraine’s population ignorance and unwillingness to take strong action against the fascists that partly led to the conflict escalating.

1 Like

This is a good, short documentary to give you a taste of the kind of trash that is fighting there. Doco made before the current year naturally.

1 Like

Are the Russians holding Advivka?

putin isn’t even in control of russia. It’s kim jung un. get your facts straight.

1 Like

1 Like

So you think Ukraine propaganda does a good job to prevent Russian idiots going to the trenches and die for their bunker president (not sure if it is kim jung un as @KINGKONGDONK claims, but who knows, who knows…)? I am afraid you might be wrong, there are way too many idiots in Russia…

[quote=“Rather, post:127, topic:226421”]
If America didnt orchestrate a violent coup in Ukraine to Install racist fascists that see ethnic Russians as sub humans, and proceeded to bomb civilians, ban language, culture and religion, wanted to expand NATO and wanted nukes on Russia’s border, also there wouldn’t be what you said.
[/quote] I personally would have dropped a nuke on that place a long time ago, and it was the general Ukraine’s population ignorance and unwillingness to take strong action against the fascists that partly led to the conflict escalating.[/quote]

As far as drunk ranting is concerned, the best is Dmitry Anatolyevich Medvedev! He already destroyed the evil west with nukes from his sofa many times…

1 Like