Share your Covid Experience Here

Yeah it’s the symptom I really hoped not to experience. Unfortunately it’s still ongoing. Thanks for the good wishes :slightly_smiling_face:

Estonia has increasing number of cases but no masks anywhere. No quarantine controls once one tests positive other than an automated call with a recording telling to try to minimise contacts. Going to grocery shops or pharmacies is allowed and no mention of masks. A different world completely. I’ve been going out for walks only since testing positive. The climate is perfect here - 20-23 degrees and sunny; 18 hours of sunlight a day and doesn’t really get dark at night!

2 Likes

You say that like it’s a good thing.
Anyway, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Do I? It’s an observation actually and I find it curious that absolutely nobody is worried about their health. It’s not a good thing.

3 Likes

Sore throat has eased, but it was a rough 2 nights and 1 day. A constant need to swallow painfully. Hoping I should be pretty back to normal tomorrow.

8 Likes

I read your post only as an observation, not a judgement.

It sounds quite reasonable to me. A message reminding you that you are ill and that it’s good manners to not spread it around is all that’s required, IMO. Hopefully people try not to go to the grocery store too often even if they’re technically “allowed to”. But getting out in the fresh air and sunshine is exactly what people need to do when they’re ill.

Once the government starts infantilizing people - assuming that they’re too stupid to understand how illness works and that their every move must be contrained by rules and ritual - it all goes downhill from there. And it’s such a relief to see the entire planet dropping those ridiculous masks - it seems like it’s finally become impossible, in the face of mounting research with null results, to keep insisting that they work. Taiwan just ignores anything written in English, of course.

Nobody should be worried about their health. Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

1 Like

Rebound infection! An issue with paxlovid. Mild symptoms so far.

3 Likes

This seems to be a thing with this anti-viral treatment. Hopefully they can develop something better. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Feels like the flu, body aches, sore throat, low grade fever (about 100f) occasional slight chest pain, fatigue. I’m on day 2 right now. Slept all day yesterday but jet lag is probably also a factor.

Motrin has helped a lot with the aches.

3 Likes

At least you got to take it before the paxlovid-resistant variants start to take over (maybe later this year?). :upside_down_face:

Seems like it’s really being overprescribed there. Might have been better to save it for the severe cases…

4 Likes

I thought it was best when given immediately after infection, so they wouldn’t know which cases would be severe yet. But maybe giving it only to the highest risk groups would be prudent.

1 Like

Want to update a symptom, loss of taste. I didn’t lose all of it but it feels numb when I eat. There’s still taste but numbed out if that makes sense.

2 Likes

I has similar once my initial symptoms had cleared. I could sort of sense how things tasted, like when something is salty, but not taste it properly, same with my sense of smell. I’m back to normal now, but my wife’s symptoms and tiredness are dragging on a bit.

3 Likes

It would be also nice to know vaccination status.

Whose? Everyone’s?

Well that’s person info, and if people want to disclose and share, that’s up to them.

Guy

2 Likes

i think it would be more meaningful to know how effective the vaccines were in preventing / reducing covid effects. So when sharing, it makes sense to also disclose if the infected person was vaccinated and how many boosters.

1 Like

Agreed. But if people really want to be helpful to others, then it would be most helpful to disclose the info.

I haven’t had COVID yet, but I’ve had three vaccines. They nearly killed me.
Hope that helps.

6 Likes

I’ll share. I had 2 shots plus booster

First two shots were Pfizer

Last one was moderna

3 Likes

There’s what seems to be* a pretty decent write-up about the “indication creep” of paxlovid here:

https://insidemedicine.bulletin.com/we-are-misusing-paxlovid-most-young-and-vaccinated-people-don-t-benefit-who-does/

(* I say “seems to be” because I’ve been swamped with work the last few days and haven’t read it fully or thought about it much. I don’t know anything about the publication or whether it has a specific agenda, but I didn’t notice anything particularly off-putting while skimming.)

1 Like