Share your Covid Experience Here

Did you change your diet?
Nothing fights inflammation like a proper diet.

1 Like

You donā€™t want to test because youā€™ll have to isolate?

The symptoms sound like covid to me. Mine declined after the first two days but maybe day 4 onward I started to get more tired, sleeping a few times a day.

Your cases sounded serious. How are your recoveries progressing?

1 Like

Iā€™m in the US atm, so no worry there, I just dunno if thereā€™s a point in knowing the specific virus

I would think so. There are are early treatment protocols for it. That would be my regret, just basically saying, my body will be able to deal with it. I had some vitamins and things ready like NAC, but there is a lot you can do. In retrospect, I would have been more deliberate about what I did.

Good luck.

1 Like

Better, thanks. Took about 6 weeks to get back to functional. Medium COVID, I guess?

1 Like

Thanks for checking in! All of my injuries slowly improved, except for the feeling of repetitive strain injury in my right hand and wrist which is one of the injuries that came back to haunt me after COVID. It is improving, but I assume that because I use my wrist all the time itā€™s going to be very slow. I should have probably just gotten a doctor to look at it so it would be bandaged and treated properly, but seeing a doctor in the UK is a pain so Iā€™m just waiting it outā€¦

2 Likes

I feel much better today. Still nauseous is the main issue. Not much appetite still.

Itā€™s pretty clear you have COVID, man. Take care!

Guy

I started to get abdominal pains about a week ago. Went to the doctor at a clinic the next day. The meds didnā€™t help. Went to the hospital a couple of days later. Endoscopy and ultrasound scheduled for today. Rapid test needed before the endoscopy. It came back positive! My symptoms are lethargy and abdominal pain. Iā€™m hoping my stomach problems are due to covid. My research shows that itā€™s a real possibility. No other symptoms.

Oh, loss of appetite is another one. I lost over 2kg in the last week. Just not hungry, and when I believed it to be an actual stomach issue, I felt keeping an empty stomach would help.

1 Like

So they just rescheduled the endoscopy for a week or two later I guess? That must be annoying. Do they actually report the case so you can start quarantine, or just send you home to do as you wish?

Sounds like something youā€™d want to get checked out soonish anyway. Seems a bit weird if COVID caused that a week ago but no other symptoms. Good luck. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I think back, I believe the lethargy started at around the same time (but I still forced myself to swim on the day it started). And there has been a tiny bit of coughing with phlegm. With the constant rain, I thought that was the cause. Also, feeling like I have a fever when I donā€™t when checked is another symptom. I think thatā€™s about it.

Edit: Oh, I feel cold all the time but not to the point where Iā€™m shivering or anything, like when Iā€™ve had bad colds in the past.

2 Likes

I tested positive last Monday without knowing I had covid (required rapid test before hospital procedure), and today (Saturday) Iā€™m still testing positive. Iā€™m reading that it takes longer for covid to clear your system if it hits you in your stomach. Hmmm.

The stomach pain is still there but only slightly. I still have a bit of phlegm when I cough. No other symptoms now. I never had a fever and Iā€™m thankful for that.

I go back to the office on Tuesday, assuming I get a negative test result. I hope I do because I need my printer, and I like having my big desk and big screen.

1 Like

Unless your office is requiring it, you donā€™t have to take a test when you finish your quarantine.

When I had covid a 2 months ago, I was testing positive the day my quarantine ended and for another 3 days afterwards. My work called the cdc number, 1911 I think, and they said there is no need to test after quarantine and that I was free to leave my house.

3 Likes

My office doesnā€™t require it to return to the office. I took the test today anyway to satisfy my curiosity. I tested negative.

2 Likes

I have been struck down, 2nd time around for me and worse in some ways than the first one. Intermittent fever pains all over, slightly sore throat now moving on to coughing. Hopefully getting over the peak now.
My kids managed to contract another mild viral disease at the same time. What a palavar!

5 Likes

How long has it been since you last had it?

1 Like

I have had almost the same progression. But I also got muscle pains and headache and pain in my eyes and my teeth (thats what it felt like lol). Migraine I guess. No nausea. How long did it take to feel right?

Only 4 months since the first infection , covid is a bitch like that. This is likely the new variant.
I have had three shots, last one was Feb I think.

2 Likes

Getting my fourth shot later this week. It may not save my a&& butā€”after reading your postsā€”Iā€™m willing to give it a shot, so to speak.

Guy

2 Likes