Since when did a 6'2" height become average?

Do you identify as species fluid?

My fluid is called “milk.”

1 Like

Right. “milk”.

My back hurts from daily activities, I have to bend over to use everyday items like opening a boor. Plane rides are a nightmare especially for us more wide shouldered ones that have a more muscular frame. Car rides are equally bad. I don’t fit in beds in Asia that cap bed lengths at 187. I have to make custom beds and also custom sheets to fit the bed. And chairs are not designed for us, often placing the lumbar support in a awkward position that cause more back pain than being in a small chair already does.

Also being tall is not the perfect height unless you can pack some muscle on your frame and have a certain skeletal structure like wide shoulders. You look like a chopstick. Do you know how much I must eat and work out to avoid this?

Exactly. The whole discussion began when I threw out “really tall, 6’3.” and get the response of “eh, taller than average, sure” One of their bfs does play for the Bruins, so they’re living in a weird environment.

So you’re saying you would rather be shorter?

Sometimes. Maybe like 6 feet would be ok. But I bet guys who don’t have a good frame and can’t pack on some muscle wish they did. Not everyone can fly business and first class and have a nice car that is big enough to fit them along with custom beds. I have ways to make living easier, but it’s really hard to be this height in especially Asia.

2 inches is not that big of a difference unless you’re short.

Oh yes, that kills me. I have a proper chair at home but it’s a nightmare if you have a desk job in an office here.

1 Like

2 inches makes a big difference when everything you do adds up. It sounds like not a big deal, but it feels very different being 6 feet and 6’2-6’3.

It’s just a burden is asia. Hard to get calories from protein here so you’ll have to spend a good amount of money on food to not look like a twig.

Clothes, I can not find any clothes that fit me. XL shirts here have shirt lengths that go down to just where my pants start. So anytime I move my arms you can see my bellybutton. I also have really wide shoulder structures that’s even more noticeable with working out. So it makes the shirts ride up more. Also hard to move as you can see the shirt designed the rotator cuff to be closer together. I have to go out of my way to find something that fits or make custom shirts. A problem in the west as XL or Ls are designed for fat people so the shirts are loose. Every once in a while I find a shirt from a store that isn’t like a belly button shirt for me, I buy like 10 of them in different colors. That’s my clothes shopping goes. Also could not find shoes in China my size. I’m at the cut off size where stores in China don’t buy in stock.

I mean it’s not the worst thing ever. But I feel taller than I need to be now that athletics is not as dominant in my life.

When I first arrived here, I taught part time to get off my feet. One of my classrooms had a students chair for the teacher lol. It looked ridiculous with me sitting in it.

Yeah, I tried one of those too, once. I managed to squeeze in but couldn’t stand back up, was stuck.

1 Like

i’m not really sure what you are talking about.

i googled taiwan average height and it says 171 for men 159 for women. i think thats pretty accurate.

the fact that its saying taiwanese are the same height as koreans should be enough to tell you that study is not true.

I do! It’s important to a lot of girls. Even some guys don’t like short girls here. At least in America there’s some men who are really into having a short girlfriend…

1 Like

Well yeah, there are some obvious advantages…

Wrote a paragraph here with some details but probably too graphic.

it might not be a requirement but height is valued here. its definately a thing. ever heard gao fu shuai? i find it a bit weird as most people here are not tall but that might be exactly why it is a thing.

Yeah but I mean, if a girl says they only date guys that are 6’2. They will be waiting for a long time.

I honestly get annoyed with it here in Asia. It’s more like a handicap. Every person I meet is like you’re so tall. That gets old, probably like being asked where are you from for you here. Parents often use me as an example to eat or drink things when next to their kids. “See if you want to be tall like Andrew you need to eat/drink xxxx” most of the time it’s like milk which I can’t drink because I’m lactose intolerant or some disgusting thing I never eat as well.

It’s huge business for Chinese medicine as well. All my cousins and a lot of people I know make their kids eat some weird stew they make from Chinese medicine doctors that smell awful. None of them grew. I never ate that BS.

1 Like

Poor kids. Hopefully there are no negative side effects.

Honestly I never found the height of the girl to matter too much. The guys that care here are probably virgins, and not the ones that are one by choice.

1 Like

Wouldn’t doubt if they were toxic and can cause liver cancer. Taiwan has a high liver cancer rate if my not mistaken. My suspicion is from Chinese medicine.