So let's talk about the Proud Boys then

The Albany story seems very similar. If you keep going along with it, apparently not.

Good for Whitmer, calling out Trump for his domestic terrorist enabling:

LANSING — Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer accused President Donald Trump of inciting domestic terrorism during a national TV appearance Sunday, in her strongest criticism of Trump to date.

“It’s incredibly disturbing that the president of the United States, 10 days after a plot to kidnap, put me on trial, and execute me — 10 days after that was uncovered — the president is at it again and inspiring and incentivizing and inciting this kind of domestic terrorism,” Whitmer said on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” following a Trump campaign appearance in Michigan Saturday.

Trump has said Whitmer should be appreciative because federal officials uncovered and foiled the plot. In response to the chant from the crowd, Trump laughed and said: “Lock them all up.”

1 Like

Both of you are trying too hard here.

Things that cut both ways:

2 Likes

This poses a dilemma for those who distrust government though. Government covering for the Proud Boys? Just a thought.

The emails up for debate:

Well, I’m glad that we’re finding this out b4 and not after this time.

Disinformation is only a problem if people are gullible enough to believe it.

People who should take the PB emails seriously: Anyone who has posted tweets as evidence in the past.

Logically speaking, for them it would pass their threshold for evidence.

It’s a thinker.

so you’re accepting 2 Twitter sources that cited the daily mail? That means it’s settled for you?

@cake come on. If your information is true, can you please find an actual source?

:grinning: Christopher Wray, you have got to be kidding.

But a curious question, who was trying to set up the Proud Boys to make it look like voter intimidation by the lefts latest boggy men and where did they get the registration and email information from?

That’s easily obtainable.

Still thinking the kidnapping plot should be another thread.

Or maybe put it under the Iran thread. The blaming of the Proud Boys, that is.

If Whitmer were held for ransom, who would pay?

Whitmer thinks things like Trump’s command for Proud Boys to stand by, and for calls to ‘liberate Michigan’, are what led to the plot against her.

The AG has already said there’s overlap between PB and members of the terrorists.

Some of whom were at the state building Trump gave the ‘liberate Michigan’ tweet in response to.

So you see, it’s all connected.

Whitmer is full of shit and even she knows it.

That’s nice you have political opinions but the AG, aka law enforcement, made the connect, not Whitmer.

Why do I feel like we’ve been over this before? Anyway always happy to offer gentle reminders.

1 Like

I think you know full well you have nothing but a very flimsy libel.

Will the AG prosecute the AG for libel? Stay tuned! :rofl:

The proportionality of threats, evidenced. The good news is it seems like the FBI is on its toes with the nutters.

The report, published Thursday by the Center for Strategic and International Studies, found that white supremacist groups were responsible for 41 of 61 “terrorist plots and attacks” in the first eight months of this year, or 67 percent.

The finding comes about two weeks after an annual assessment by the Department of Homeland Security warned that violent white supremacy was the “most persistent and lethal threat in the homeland” and that white supremacists were the most deadly among domestic terrorists in recent years.

The think tank researchers found that the threats of violence were linked in part to this year’s mass protests and confrontations with protesters from a variety of factions. The report said that “far-left and far-right violence was deeply intertwined” and that far-left groups, including anarchists and antifascist organizations, were responsible for 12 attacks and plots so far this year, or 20 percent of the total number, up from 8 percent in 2019.

It said that if the Democratic presidential candidate, Joseph R. Biden Jr., wins the election, white supremacists could mobilize, with targets likely to be Black people, Latinos, Jews and Muslims. A Republican presidential victory could involve violence emanating out of large-scale demonstrations, the report said.

The study attributed the lower number of fatalities to effective intervention by the F.B.I. and other law enforcement agencies.

1 Like