South-African caught growing weed?

:laughing: :laughing: After a month long holiday, coming back to a Canadian-Saffie scandal…can’t beat that. :thumbsup: :laughing:[/quote]

:roflmao:

coughmailordercough

A million dollar a month operation blown up because they are too stupid to realize that if you do anything illegal, you must live like a saint and not say, get high in a nightclub.

Sheer stupidity :unamused: :doh: :thumbsdown:

:laughing: :laughing: After a month long holiday, coming back to a Canadian-Saffie scandal…can’t beat that. :thumbsup: :laughing:[/quote]

Welcome back Chewy. :slight_smile:
Your valuable insights into the world of politics and the educational services sector have been greatly missed.[/quote]

Yeah, we look forward to more of your scintillating insights. :slight_smile:
Welcome back!

Weed isn’t so bad, at least it wasn’t heroin.

Isn’t so bad? It’s God’s will.

[quote=“Genesis 1:11-12”]And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, [and] the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed [is] in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

And the earth brought forth grass, [and] herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed [was] in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.[/quote]

Praise Allah. :notworthy:

:notworthy: praise Him!

oh. that might be worth the trouble, or some of it at least

Yeah, I wonder if this is the Canadian bloke they refer to in the story (public access page, so I am not revealing any info that is not already accessible).Same name and middle initials and location(Taiwan). If he is guilty of the kind of growing mentioned in the story or of even being an accomplice, I don’t think he’ll be eating with two chicks for a long, long time.

facebook.com/people/Jeffu-Culbert/603697889
google.com/search?hl=zh-TW&q … =&aq=f&oq=

Yeah, I wonder if this is the Canadian bloke they refer to in the story (public access page, so I am not revealing any info that is not already accessible).Same name and middle initials and location(Taiwan). If he is guilty of the kind of growing mentioned in the story, I don’t think he’ll be eating with two chicks for a long, long time.

[/quote]

Good find Chewy. I would urge caution - innocent until proven guilty and all that. Still, any chap who would wear a hat indoors (especially in the company of ladies) is obviously no gentleman.

Yeah, I wonder if this is the Canadian bloke they refer to in the story (public access page, so I am not revealing any info that is not already accessible).Same name and middle initials and location(Taiwan). If he is guilty of the kind of growing mentioned in the story, I don’t think he’ll be eating with two chicks for a long, long time.

[/quote]

Good find Chewy. I would urge caution - innocent until proven guilty and all that. Still, any chap who would wear a hat indoors (especially in the company of ladies) is obviously no gentleman.[/quote]

That is why I say “if he is guilty.” Of course, he is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

However, we’ve posted pictures of people possibly in trouble with the law in Taiwan or overseas on Forumosa before. Remember Julie Cutie and the Sartin custody case? Maoman even posted pictures of her from a website after I posted the link but missed viewing a few pages. She was never found guilty of anything in Taiwan AFAIK despite the Interpol warrants. Of course, I don’t think she’ll be going on many overseas holidays for the remainder of her life. :laughing:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=48846&hilit=Julie+Cutie&start=70

What kind of sentences to foreigners busted with large amounts of drugs in Taiwan normally get? The stories seem to be all over the news at the time of arrest, but I never see anything about the trial/sentencing. What happened to those Canadians caught selling coke?

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]200 plants? That’s a lot to be growing in a foreign land where drugs are punishable by death. Even back home I’d be nervous with 200 plants. 10 or 20, ok, but this guy was ballsy. [/url]

Shoot him on GP–for being dumb enough to listen to that little voice that said “It’ll never happen to me” :loco:

I think the Canadian that was sentenced for bringing coke and pot in textbooks was given 12 years, although there was the possibility of receiving a death sentence at the very beginning. Another one, who sent himself pot in Taiwan when he was back for a visit in Canada was given 5 years. I

n more liberal jurisdictions, these crimes would get no sentence to a 1-2 year sentence. I just don’t understand it–if your into that lifestyle, why come to Asia? It would be like a swinger or alcoholic choosing Saudi Arabia (although I’ve heard compound parties there can be wild). Drugs and Asia just don’t mix in most locales. The Opium War is still too close in history for most Chinese.

What fucking Bizzaro Asia did you live in?

Regardless of how stupid those guys may be, if they did grow the plants as alleged, it does seem absurd and barbaric that people should be imprisoned for years simply for growing a few plants, particularly when people consume the plants voluntarily and any harms caused by them are so trivial compared the harms caused by legal drugs. Of course we all know that, but still, as we watch one more goofy Canadian en route to the slammer for such an absurd crime, it strikes me as tragic.

What fucking Bizzaro Asia did you live in?[/quote]

Singapore and Taiwan. I don’t deny there are drug scenes in both locales, but it’s a huge gamble for foreigners and I honestly don’t know why people take the risk. Singapore authorities can even test people on their way back from foreign locales. You could smoke a doobie in Amsterdam or on an Indonesia island, fly home to Singapore, be suspected of taking drugs, be tested, and be charged as if you did it in the country.

Singapore and Taiwan. I don’t deny there are drug scenes in both locales, but it’s a huge gamble for foreigners and I honestly don’t know why people take the risk. Singapore authorities can even test people on their way back from foreign locales. You could smoke a doobie in Amsterdam or on an Indonesia island, fly home to Singapore, be suspected of taking drugs, be tested, and be charged as if you did it in the country.[/quote]

Then perhaps you should amend your statement to “Drugs and Singapore just don’t mix in most Singapores.”

Welcome back Chewey…great pic by the way.

There definitely is a drug scene in Taiwan. But it is rather foolish for foreigners to get involved in the import, manufacture, or sale of drugs. That job is best led to the local gangsters. It might not just be the police you get in trouble with either…

Searching UK news stories about people busted cultivating cannabis. A lot of the people with English sounding names got away with the “it was for my own use” defence, the Asian immigrants got the prison sentences (normally 18 months-2 years)…

Singapore and Taiwan. I don’t deny there are drug scenes in both locales, but it’s a huge gamble for foreigners and I honestly don’t know why people take the risk. Singapore authorities can even test people on their way back from foreign locales. You could smoke a doobie in Amsterdam or on an Indonesia island, fly home to Singapore, be suspected of taking drugs, be tested, and be charged as if you did it in the country.[/quote]

Hmmm… some recent news stories —Taiwanese baseball player who just got caught the other day with 20,000 ecstasy pills. Junkies at Banqiao Earth God Temple throw syringes out bathroom window, Junkie in Taichung crashes car into fruit stand after shooting up, 13 year girl caught snorting K at KTV…