STAR WARS Episode 7 *Spoiler alert*

I saw the “arguments” for Darth Jar Jar, and it’s all a bunch of hooey.

An observation from Ep. VII: [spoiler]After Starkiller Base is destroyed, it appears to turn into a star. After all, all the energy of a star had been sucked into it and contained within. The star it becomes even has sunspots!

That thermal oscillator, and other technologies, is remarkable to be able to contain all that energy, as well as preventing the planet’s gravity from increasing to a sun-like level.[/spoiler]

The title of Episode 8 has just been released!

It’s “Jar Jar’s Holiday Special”! :smiley:

You know something that we may have missed with regards to Rey. How can she understand BB-8 AND Chewie?

I know in the first two trilogies, that Anakin and Luke both talked to R2, but a lot of that was just rhetorical questions and answers, right?

Like in RotJ, after Luke saves Han on Tatooine, he goes back to Dagobah and R2’s chit chat shows up on a screen in his x-wing and that’s how he knows what R2 says.

I assume it’s the same for Anakin, I currently can’t think of any instances where he actually had an conversation where the answers were not obvious with R2.

Also, nobody understands Chewie except Han because of their long history together. Also, isn’t Chewie the last of the wookiees, how does Rey understand a language that is spoken by one being in the galaxy? How do you think this is possible?!

Only thing I can think of is…she’s Force sensitive.

Does she understand Chewie? I don’t remember that scene. (Plus I don’t recall anything saying that Chewie is the last of the wookiees.)

Poe also understands BB-8. Perhaps BB-8 speaks a well-known droid language.

[quote=“Chris”]Does she understand Chewie? I don;t remember that scene.

Poe also understands BB-8. Perhaps BB-8 speaks a well-known droid language.[/quote]

Droids communicates with each other using binary (droidspeak). Some people are able to understand it, and even use it as a programming language.

Force sensitives can’t just understand Shyriiwook though, at least Leia had to learn it.

[quote=“Chris”]Does she understand Chewie? I don’t remember that scene. (Plus I don’t recall anything saying that Chewie is the last of the wookiees.)

Poe also understands BB-8. Perhaps BB-8 speaks a well-known droid language.[/quote]

Ok, maybe I jumped the gun on Chewie being the last wookie in the galaxy, but from that movie they call episode III, he’s one of very very few.

My memory is blurry (since I only saw the movie once almost a month ago), so maybe someone can help with this, but I think it was when they landed on Takodana there was some chit chat between the two.

So Rey understand binary. She’s a hella smart scavenger.

Okay, I’ve finally formed an opinion on this widely discussed mystery. And it’s super legit. Ready? Here it is:

Rey is a damn spy for the new emperor :smiling_imp: .

You know, how she lied about not knowing who Luke is despite the doll and the pilot helmet. How she apparently went from ‘the force is a myth’ to mastering the force & lightsaber in like a tenth of the time that Luke did. How she so conveniently had to come back to that bridge to see Han die - obviously so if Kylo failed to kill him she would have assassinated Han herself. Clearly Rey is a Sith Lord who was secretly trained by hologram Voldemort himself mwahaha :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: .

Anyway you slice it, there’s something iffy and uncommon about that young lady, cause yeah she did also have numerous conversations with both Chewie and BB-8.

How so? There’s an entire planet of wookiees shown in that movie. We may see a small army of them at the battlefront, but nothing said they all died.

Yes, there’s an entire planet of wookies.

If you still have the Star Wars itch, hop on a plane to Sapporo:

Cool. :thumbsup:

depending on what’s still cannon, Vader bombarded Kashyyyk and there are very few Wookies left. Many Wookies end up displaced with trophy hunters hunting them down.

How so? There’s an entire planet of wookiees shown in that movie. We may see a small army of them at the battlefront, but nothing said they all died.[/quote]

It’s a big assumption, but in order to take over the system and its planets, we should assume the empire must have gone through the planet to wipe out the dominant species that would try to rebel, no? I’d be happy to go on a endless debate with you about this, but the question still stands is, did Rey really understand and respond to Chewie? Can anyone confirm that?

In other Star Wars news, the annual spring dinner committee at my office just named me activities chair for a Star Wars themed dinner. 2 out of 9 people have seen the movies. 1 out of 9 people understand the movie. Guess who’s gotta explain the Skywalker family tree to a bunch of Taiwanese. :runaway: It’s going to be like them explaining 三國演義/Three Kingdoms story to me.

depending on what’s still cannon, Vader bombarded Kashyyyk and there are very few Wookies left. Many Wookies end up displaced with trophy hunters hunting them down.[/quote]

I spent the last few weeks listening to the Darth Bane trilogy. I think I picked up the planet of Wookies from a Thrawn book, not sure.

Any other good Sith books out there? The Bane books really stuck with me.

Blue milk MUST be one of the items served.

Glad my wife didn’t see it. It would have the same (non) relevance to her as the Hunger Games was to me. I was mostly glad I got in on my bud being a senior and buying two tickets at 6.50 each ! That was what I was most happy about.

The movie itself? Well made movie. But i hardly remember who was who and what was what from the first Star Wars movie so it didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me either. So it was a “meh” to me.

Even if it is currently the highest grossing film of all time, apparently.

[quote=“tommy525”]Glad my wife didn’t see it. It would have the same (non) relevance to her as the Hunger Games was to me. I was mostly glad I got in on my bud being a senior and buying two tickets at 6.50 each ! That was what I was most happy about.

The movie itself? Well made movie. But i hardly remember who was who and what was what from the first Star Wars movie so it didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me either. So it was a “meh” to me.

Even if it is currently the highest grossing film of all time, apparently.[/quote]

They ran several TV marathons in Taiwan, showing the whole saga, 1 to 6, several times, to spur interest… and revive memories as you well mention.

Blasphemer! :slight_smile:

Blasphemer! :slight_smile:[/quote]

Worse then that, my wife proclaims it an “old guy” movie, for people who order from the “old guy” menu , she calls it :smiley: (she was right, the ten or so people in the movie theatre when i saw it last night were …not young).

[quote=“Icon”]

They ran several TV marathons in Taiwan, showing the whole saga, 1 to 6, several times, to spur interest… and revive memories as you well mention.[/quote]

That would be the smart thing to do. Watch all the ones before, once again. At least watch the very first one (which may have been the only one i saw before). My coworker encouraged his seven year old to watch all the prior ones before they went to see this one.

I almost didn’t want to watch this Star Wars, due to not remembering anything from the first one, but I ran out of current films to watch on the big screen basically.

p.s. re-reading the prior comments, it is clear that many of you are heavy into Star Wars and I should just shut my yap bout the film. Lol, sorry for butting in. Just a view from the silent minority.

The struggle is real.

Han is a horrible shot…