Subway Restaurants in Taiwan

In the states I’d never go to Subway. There’s great local delis, and even much better chains like Potbelly. But here I go once a week, because it’s still much better than stuff like McDonalds and at least reminds me a bit of western sandwiches.

3 Likes

I went to Subway the other day for the first time since coronavirus and I really enjoyed it.

Healthy eating vegetables possibly low carb or maybe I’m just feeling myself.

And now this.

3 Likes

Any sub can be turned into a ‘salad’

Basically the sub without the bread.

2 Likes

" Subway bread is not bread, Irish court rules"
“The Supreme Court has found that the bread in Subway’s heated sandwiches has too much sugar in it to meet the legal definition of being bread.”

Than in Taiwan there is almost no bread at all!

4 Likes

I had one recently, it was gross. The Subber at Zhishan is not bad though.

1 Like

Subways here are really inconsistent. Some are fine (I hesitate to say “good”) and some really should rename themselves Subpar.

3 Likes

Interesting. This one was in a food court.

I fear for the budding entrepreneur that starts a Taiwanese bakery in Dublin.

1 Like

They can sell ‘baked goods’, but can not call it bread.

Processed bread-like product :rofl:

"Subway’s bread, however, contains five times as much sugar. Or, as the supreme court put it: “In this case, there is no dispute that the bread supplied by Subway in its heated sandwiches has a sugar content of 10% of the weight of the flour included in the dough.

That’s a lot! A normal content would be lower than 2% added at the start. And bread doesn’t actually need any sugar unless you want to speed up the production process. With 10% sugar you need to add a lot of yeast.

1 Like

i don’t see anything wrong with this statement.

Lets apply this rule to asia and get some real bread in here!

1 Like

The problem is that people rather eat the ‘no-bread’ thing.

Most American bread are not bread, but a cake batter that looks like bread.

Real bread has only water, flour, a little salt, and yeast.

Same would go with most Taiwanese “bread” too. Way too much sugar to be bread.

they just need some training! real bread beats hotdog bread any day of the week.

Anything not needing chewing.

The other day I noticed that Subway got rid of the double meat option across all locations on UberEats and FoodPanda. Now today I notice they’ve removed the sandwich I always get – the turkey breast sandwich. Now they only have turkey + ham. Wtf? I checked their website and it’s the same there…

1 Like

That’s a odd move by Subway. A location opened up a few months ago near my work and the turkey breast is what I always get. Hope in-store they don’t get rid of it. :yum:

I went to a store on Heping the other night around 9pm. The chairs were up. Walked in and they said they were out of food. Went to another location and they had everything I needed

It’s available on mine where I live and where I work.