Subway Restaurants in Taiwan

I checked like six locations and they were all the same :man_shrugging:
around the center of Taipei

Iā€™m in New Taipei

The other day on Uber eats most Subways did not have Italian BMT, just some other types of trash. I suffered much hardship and had to look at at least 3-4 shops, before I found one shop that still had the BMT.

I hate this excuse so much.

Either itā€™s a lie or itā€™s mismanagement.

Just be honest.

2 Likes

You mean how the sundae machine at McDonalds in the US seems to always be out of order?

1 Like

Both of these places have been out of vegetables before. The suppliers can let them down as well. Really disappointing.

I have my sub club made like a salad. I have them pile all sorts of vegetables on there and if they wonā€™t then I walk out after telling them to eat it themselves.

There have been several times when they will be completely out of tomatoes or another of my essentials. Iā€™d say itā€™s a supply side issue. If everything else is available but one or two items is out I would believe that the supplier was short.

This did happen enough several years ago that I avoided subway for a long long time. Same with dressing my sandwich. If you donā€™t give me what I want on my $200+ sandwich then I am gone.

1 Like

They brought back the turkey sandwich, but everything else has really gone to crap now. You have to order a combo with a drink AND a side now, and chips are no longer an option. Neither is bottled water. So now if I want two six inch subs I have to buy two damn unwanted cookies and two drinks that Iā€™m not gonna drink.

Oh and at least my closest one no longer has pickles either.

Wā€¦tā€¦fā€¦

They also donā€™t let you choose the type of cookie you want when you order on UberEats. So Iā€™m expecting a normal chocolate chip cookie and instead get some stupid shit like a raspberry cheesecake ā€œcookie.ā€

2 Likes

ā€¦I like that oneā€¦

Itā€™s a cake, not a cookie.

1 Like

Ok please familymart it over to me ok?

1 Like

I donā€™t order from McDonalds on UberEats or Food Panda for the same reason. You have to get a meal, and I donā€™t want fries (well, I do want them, but I want to choose not to eat them) or the bad drink options. No potential swap outs for kids (apple slices, milk, yoghurt, juice, etc). In the end, itā€™s better not to eat there, but sometimes you get a hankering, but you donā€™t want the damn meal!

2 Likes

Sure they do, I do it all the time. When you check out, you can leave a note / request. I always write a preference for which chips and which cookie type I want. 99% of the time I get what I ask for. The 1% of the time I donā€™t, they have thrown in something extra with an apology on the receipt. Twice they didnā€™t have the chips I wanted, so once they gave two extra cookies at no charge and once they simply didnā€™t charge for the chips.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t this just the case on the delivery apps? If you walk in to their store, canā€™t you still order everything you want?

3 Likes

Yes, that is correct.

Oh, thanks - I wondered what was going on with that issue.

Has Subway changed the formula for its bread? Itā€™s not like it was great before, but now it tastes like shit (at least the wheat one I usually order). I thought it was a fluke after one bad experience, but went back a month later and still shitty.

2 Likes

Wheat/ flour is more expensiveā€¦.maybe they found a cheaper supplier.

i switched to bahn mi almost exclusively, the sibway bread kist lacks substance, its like eating cotton, soft, soggy and falls apart. Bahn mi at least keepa its shape, and gives an actual feeling of eating a sandwich.