Subway Restaurants in Taiwan

I swear what they give now is white bread when I order wheat.

My last three Subway orders have been wrong. It’s ridiculous.

I love Bahn Mis, but they’re not great here either (at least in the south… maybe you guys have better options in Taipei). Kinda surprising considering the amount of foreign Vietnamese brides here.

they are hit or miss…
i have a nice bahnmi shop mear work, i just go there instead of Subway.

1 Like

Really got excited about having a sub sandwich after so long. Near the end of the build and the final steps are tomatoes, vinegar, and pepper. The last attempt at buying a sandwich ended with me walking out because they didn’t have pepper. This time the attempt ended because they didn’t have any vinegar.

Really sad that these operators don’t do their jobs.

The sandwich artist explained they had not had any vinegar for 2 months. Every time I’ve been to costco they have plenty of vinegar. I buy, when needed, for my smelly gym clothes.

So the past 2 attempts at this same location resulted in walkouts - without a sandwich - because they refused to properly stock vinegar and pepper.

Will I go to hell? Eating instant beef and noodles now with a can of tuna fish.

The only good one is the Subber at Zhishan.

1 Like

Last time I asked why they couldn’t just buy vinegar from another vendor and they said franchise rules require all ingredients to be shipped in from a central source.

Yeah. It’s really easy to open a franchise at Subway, but the rules are so strict that it’s a guaranteed money sinkhole.

The Subway business model is profit off of idiots.

1 Like

There are some very well respected and longstanding Forumosans that own some outlets in Taipei. They certainly are not idiots.

1 Like

The main Subway branch I go to has had a sign on the door (Chinese only) for at least a few weeks saying there’s no bacon, red wine vinegar, or … turkey breast? I think that’s the third.

2 Likes

Really unfortunate. I love the sandwich. I used to buy the sub club and dress it up like a huge salad. Loaded. If the place refused to load it up with veggies I would also walk out

Supply chain issues?

Under normal circumstances, I get the unhappy response you’ve described. But under these circumstances (aka 2022), maybe a softer approach will serve you better. Looking on the bright side: at least we’re not being conscripted into the Russian army!

Guy

Yes, we have many things to be thankful for

1 Like

There was a time they did not have enough lettuce. Around about the same time they did not list salads on Uber for a while either. Asking for extra lettuce would result in a “no”. I always thought they were just being dicks but then I noticed that different stores had the same shortages.

I always get annoyed if by the end of building the sandwich (well, salad, since I do not eat sandwiches) they end up not having normal cheese and only that rasped cheddar kind of stuff.

1 Like

That depends on their profit margins…

I love Subway. But I have to feel sorry for anyone running such a business:
One time I was in one location and got handed a soda cup that dropped on the floor as the server handed it to me. Floor was very dirty. Asked for a new cup and was told, “I can’t since all the cups are counted up each day. I can clean it for you?”
And in the US here, I’m seeing more and more of the locations using small electronic scales to weigh the tuna and chopped beef before putting said meat into the sandwich.

Severe way to make a living! :unamused:

3 Likes

I do hate when they skimp on the tuna.

Subway is way overpriced now. Not worth it at all anymore.

3 Likes

Yes they seem a bit high compared to cheap street food but not much or nothing as similar or convenient. Generally know what I’m getting, and usually convenient location.

So I still go.

4 Likes

I went into a Subway at around noon the other day and the line was literally out the door, with people packed in there. So why is it there are zero similar stores here? In the US there’s a ton of good sandwich shops. Here? Subway, and then some crappy places that use simple square white bread and no good selection of toppings. Surely there’s an untapped market

1 Like

Is “Subber” still about?

1 Like