Tainan Japanese (American) and Mexican

Will go back to try this Japanese American

and next to it is this Mexican

I had drinks on this street before pass the above places, but will try visit both next trip up

5 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Are they any good?

Guy

Ahh, thanks for coming in! That is my sushi truck!

7 Likes

I’d like to try next time I’m in Tainan. Will you consider also putting this in Apple Maps so I can save it? I don’t use Google.

By the way, what is Japanese-American? Avocado sushi with mayonnaise?

We just say that, but it’s like sushi back in the States. Sure, we use lots of avocados but I have the staples like California rolls, spicy tuna, rainbow rolls, shrimp tempura rolls, and so on. I do also serve regular sushi as well along with a few appetizers and numerous booze selections, but main focal point is on seasonal sakes.

8 Likes

Nice, so what are summer sakes, and from all regions?

1 Like

Sakes are bottled in each season, respectively, and the characteristics are all very different due to how they develop each sake. While there are thousands of other breweries, each sake does share common flavor attributes.

Winter sakes are the freshest of all. They are very floral and fruity, and this is my favorite season for the sake.

Spring sakes are just as floral but a bit more sweet and smooth on the note. The fruit aroma is more noticeable compared to the winter. Spring sakes are great for the sake beginners.

Summer sakes are very refreshing. It is the smoothest one of all. They are floral but very crisp. Some even come with a bit of bubble in them.

Fall sakes are the trickiest, aged from the winter bottling. The flavor is more complex, and the well-known sake characters show up most this season. These bottles are best paired with food. These are also served warm as well.

I summarized it in such short details, but the sake world is a black hole. I haven’t mentioned the rice varieties (there are thousands to choose from), what yeast is used, how each brewer brews them, what processes are used to brew them, how they are squeezed, how they are bottled, how the brewers treat the bottles after the actual bottling (i.e., pasteurization), how they store the bottles, and so on. It never ends.

8 Likes

Your passion about these matters is impressive. I hope your business is going well.

Guy

1 Like

I can vouch for the Mexican :+1:

4 Likes

What did you eat and drink there, any recommendations? I did not try this before

I went here in Tainan which was good, drinks good and also Quesadilla

Also few others are near this for Mexican and Cuban

1 Like

Thanks, hope to try your seasonal ones

I went when it first opened, can’t remember what I had but it was good.

I tried to go back a few times after that but it was always closed!

1 Like

Is this a night market, or more of a pop up that moves around, permanent, or? Wouldnt mind dropping by next time I am in the area, if it’s a set location :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, we are open on Fridays and Saturdays but we do post schedule on FB, IG, and line. Last weekend we were closed because I was sick!:cry:

We are open this weekend but hope the weather will cooperate… :crossed_fingers:

This is our Google map.

3 Likes

Saw it open on the weekend. Always too many food choices in that area, Had a nice vegi curry at an Indian place near there (there are two)

1 Like

Good, went this past weekend. The food was good, weather not so much (left a bit quicker with the rain) so had nice roll and quick drink (sweet house sake). Will try get there longer for full meal with my friends next time

4 Likes

Thanks for coming despite the rain! I’m sorry you had to rush through since the weather got worse, and I couldn’t chat with you! The weather has not been cooperative, but it’s the season. This weekend isn’t looking great from the forecasts, either.

Let me know when you like to come in, and I’ll try my best to accommodate ya! :+1:

2 Likes

I will away for a month, but will make to be back there after I return! 9what is your house sake?)