Tainan Yanshui Beehive Fireworks Festival 4-5 Feb 2023 鹽水蜂炮節

I’m planning to go again this year.

I’ll be there Sunday.

Can be difficult departing if you don’t have a car and trying to fight buses or few taxi to someplace you really want to go with very few hotels in the area.

Most people who do hotels will go to Tainan or Chiayi.

Train station is like a 90-minute or longer walk in the dark.

Last time we were there we took a cab from Chiayi HSR station. We saw there was a tourist bus-stopping by main attractions- and at least two lines of HSR buses.

1 Like

Cab from Chiayi HSR at least 30 minutes and will be longer with all the traffic going, stuck, and departing. If you can find a cab leaving the event late evening.

Can also take a regular TRA train at Xinying.

It really gets to be a horrendous crowded traffic jam in the whole area.

Finding a bus would be a good option but probably need to line up.

1 Like

For any of you guys interested Miaoli city has bombing the dragon tomorrow evening outside the train station.
It’s pretty insane every year. Of course not Yanshui insane.

3 Likes

An alternative to the Yanshui event and closer to Tainan city is the beehive and fireworks festival at the Luermen Mazu Temple in Tucheng.

The fireworks displays are enormous and you can catch a good view of the beehive fireworks without having to suit up.
There is a large night market, an endless procession and the manic flogging of the spring ox. Well worth the trip.

5 Likes

Hello :wave:t2:

I’m looking to go to this festival too, from Taipei !

Do you know if there is a way to find people who want to share a car maybe, for round trip

Or is it possible to go back in Taipei by train after the festival? Maybe it’s gonna be to late :confused:

Thank you for you help :pray:t2:

Have a good day

Welcome.

Just scroll up a couple comments and discussion about TRA train and HSR and taxis and buses.

If you find yourself there, then send a message right here and I’ll keep checking. Maybe can hook up or share a ride.

We have a hotel about 30 minutes away by car.

The festival was really really fun if you’re into that.

They changed the format a bit that you can stay stationary and see a lot of activities instead of walking all over town and trying to find the events when you don’t know where or when.

I saw one guy catch on fire and his pants melted into his legs up to his waist and ambulance came he could not walk. He was not a spectator but was one of the people working with the fireworks event. His pants just burst into flames in seconds so possibly had on inappropriate clothing.