Taiwan - Asia’s LGBT capital

They were wearing the little vests that some Christians here wear when they come out to spread the word. You can tell because the vest will say things like “Jesus is love” or their church name on the back.

I think it’s obvious that it is. However, I could be wrong and I’m happy to listen to your opposing arguments.

iirc, church name like things were written on the papers.

But I’m sure almost all of them are non-homophobic.

This is the Wikipedia page for the group spewing anti LGBT hate here in Taiwan. One of their pamphlets is yet again in my mailbox. I’m too lazy to go down there to take a pic now…maybe later.

He’s not making a list of sins there, no, but in the sense that unrighteous is pretty much another word for sinner it implies it

I guess it’s worth considering that (to my knowledge) back then there was no concept of homosexuality as we have now.

Homophobic Taiwanese Christians, then.

When you have time that would be great. I’m interested to see it. You clearly have some homophobic group active near you.

I know that. Have to look into the reasoning a bit

For me, homophobia is the hate or discrimination of gay people. As I said above, Christians don’t hate gays. They just view homosexuality as a sin. Just as they are supposed to view being intoxicated and a list of many things as sins. As Jesus said let he who has not sinned cast the first stoned and as Paul said in romans 24” for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”

I grant that not all Christians seem to remember these words from scripture and I’m sure there are many Christians who are at the same time homophobic. But from scripture, Christians are supposed to hate sin, but show mercy and grace on the sinner as god did for them.

How do you figure? In my understanding the Greeks did. The Jews were against it because of the law and in general

This is just something I’ve heard in the past, but I mean like being innately attracted to the same gender wasn’t a concept until quite recently, as opposed to doing it to let off steam or whatever the Greeks where doing

1 Like

Yep. They are running a campaign scaring locals saying gay people sick with AIDS will marry to use the public medical care for this disease and hence deplete NHI resources.

Seems to me it is a case of kettle calling the pot black, as too many overseas compatriots who do not live in Taiwan, do not contribute to NHI or pay taxes, not even purchase stuff as they do not live here, do abuse the system by using NHI resources without giving anything back.

We foreigners work here, get NHI quotas deducted, pay taxes and contribute to local economy. If anyone marries to use HIV retroviral medications, it won’t be in the sheer numbers as to break the system. And to be honest, I doubt this unlikely scenario is even possible. It is more a case of racism plus homophobia being manipulated for votes.

1 Like

So, Christians view gays the same way the view other sinners, such as those who cheat or mug others?

You think Christians view gays and mugger as equal sinners ?

I said all sins are equal in the eyes of god. Not all sinners are equal, at least that’s not for Christians to judge.

This is what is in scripture, but many Christians seem to not know much scripture.

Okay, so what do the Christians think? What is their uninformed opinion ?

I can not say what all Christians think. Ever since the Protestant reformation and the Gutenberg press, the Bible has been translated in people’s common tongue and available for people to read. But to me, it’s pretty clear that one should not hate gay people as I wouldn’t want people to hate and judge me for whatever my own short comings of are.

@tempogain one of the translation of abomination from Hebrew means sinful.

Wow, that says a lot about your stance. So being gay is a short coming?

1 Like

So which one is it, do christians you know in your opinion view gays as sinners or not? You seem to be contradicting yourself.

So, eh?

As is anything in our human nature that is a trespass to god.

How can I say what all Christians think? In what way am I contracting myself.