Taiwan is not as safe as it used to be

No you are wrong because I said so. Level of discussion on forumosa…

The one thing that bothers me the most here, is that some of these crimes against foreigners get swept under the rug. And police won’t try help you, unless you get some huge media coverage then suddenly they can solve it so fast. Like the guy who got jumped by three people and the police deleted the cctv footage.

1 Like

Also the security at most of the nightclubs in Taipei is really bad. The only decent club imho is Luxy. If you get into some trouble at those nightclubs in XinYi area see how many security will help you? They will leave you on your own. And yes I have been attacked at a nightclub in Taipei. Just because you didn’t end up in that situation yet. It does not mean it doesn’t happen at all. Also they tried to steal my jacket multiple times in the nightclubs.

Has Luxy reopened?

It’s true there’s meth factories in the mountains here, they send up drones to try and bust them.

@gain. The drug issue in Taiwan gets me a bit more than.other issues for a few reasons. Though I’m not obsessed with the issue I have worked with various agencies, local and foreign, for over a.decade on the issue so have some legitimate first hand insight on the local.issues. I’m not going to post references because in Taiwan there are no reliable ones. We can agree to.disagree and that’s fine, but I have spent my entire adult life in Taiwan engaging and discussing so I’m very open about discussing issues like this, but won’t be mentioning names. My goal is to help people connect dots so that they (meaning you and me.as.well) can also do our part to change Things…

I get pissed a bit about drug issues cause its a serious problem here that much of the population understands and for some incredibly strange reason denies to all ends. Its beyond face.

I feel there are a few topics of concern with Taiwan that could even be considered national emergency level priorities.

• Environment (meaning physical health in relationship to our surroundings, pollution being a mainOne)

-psychology (mental health)

-education

-international politics

-food security. Maybe also just raw resources security.

-addictive, negative impacting substances

All these topics are discussed, debated and understood on some kind.of.platform, except the drug issue. It’s so far skewed out of reality that the only people who know what’s going on either bash their head in frustration (investigators) or laugh while profiting from it.

Don’t compare to the west, the game here is in no way similar and on a far different level, its also far different than say Columbian manufacture and Mexican distribution. Far far different. But no less damaging, albeit this country is surely.far less negatively affected compared to.the west. See culture differences about here for why.

Look how just Fentan… Got covered between the 2 biggest world.leaders recently, and its still somehow not solved, this should worry people… and drug warfare isn’t new, its fairly unchanged, it will continue. Best not let your own people get addicted though. Taiwan does try a bit on this topic of protecting its.own, but the business is far.too large to.stop here as certain chemical drugs are very much a Taiwanese expertise. Like orchids or microchips. Meanwhile they schedule other plants strictly that they know full well locals rarely use to show a story of their competence, all the while failing completely on a world.wide issue in which Taiwan is far more involved in than People seem to get. Taiwan has plants that could, and is abroad, made into X. Cheap and easy, but its not such a huge issue here because it doesn’t tie into the escapism and.addiction issues like.meth and H do, which equates to a mentality related issue. These are massive evolutions. Especially meth related and rc related stuff in modern times this is going to get far worse as other issues, such as cultural (family units) deteriorate, the economy fails (due to lazy population and poor government regulations on many things, including the lack of wanting foreign talent), international recognition, general physical and mental health etc.

If Human history has taught us anything, its we are still selfish animals, and when that causes group cultures to go.pear shaped, escapism reigns supreme. So watch as drug addiction, religion, depression etc grow as other aspects of the country decline.

Taiwan’s issue is its affinity towards stimulants that are addictive, and a general social distaste for expanding, open minded type drugs like psych3delics . These I think are just common sense facts people can see here in everyday life.the only real common non stimulant drugs here that are abused in huge quantities are alcohol (due to legality) and k (easy and fast to source) ask a Taiwanese to grow a cactus for.5 years and have a spiritual awakening and see what kind of.look you get. Ironically they join a.religion and maybe even a Templeton.search of.some Thu v similar, and they are willing to join those literally criminal organisations. Ironic and ignorant. Its about escape and pushing forward, not about healing and expanding. Thus the drug issue is a negative draw on society and should be stamped out or edited. Either way, a huge problem that is organised and dangerous here and people might consider not burrying their heads in the sand or trying to take away from the issue through sarcasm or ignorant remarks every time they hear something they don’t like or understand. Its.fun to joke, but Taiwan’s narc market isn’t funny. Nor is our deteriorating mental capacity and how these twine together. Though to be fair its generally not in the expat world, its still a concern for.anyone residing here long term.

3 Likes

@Explant: There are anti-drug posters all over the place. The issue isn’t being ignored/denied to all ends.

Jeez man it can be hard to dig through your posts.

Are you saying the synergetic drug precursors are mainly being manufactured in Taiwan for final production in SEA or China ?

From my understanding a large amount of the synthetics are coming from certain towns in Eastern China. But if you asked the Chinese authorities they would say it is coming in from SEA. Nobody wants to admit it is being produced in their backyard.

From reports over the years Taiwanese mainly concentrated on meta amphetamine and ketamine related production and yes they are international drug syndicates . These syndicates go back to early KMT days, Kaohsiung was a well known drugs transhipment port back in the 70s I believe. Howard Marks was hanging out in Taiwan too. Anyway Taiwan criminal syndicates are well established in Asia and we can see their fraud operations pop up all over the world , even in Eastern Europe. I agree the groups could be very dangerous and very well funded. Probably because they don’t sell into the US and not involved in terrorism (at least directly) they have stayed off radar of US federal agencies.

These synthetic drugs effects are very unpredictable, some can actually fry your brain.

Taiwan is safe enough.

1 Like

That’s essentially more or less what I’m talking about. Taiwa. Itself is big into meth, that’s the main game and what is a very big problem with local addiction here due to cheap availability.

Excuse my posts, my phone is very hard to type on and Auto spell plagues me. I’m not often at home on a computer, so apologies.

But in house addiction is huge here. I realise there are posters, but come on…the gov.does bust labs and do stuff, but barely scratches the surface and very little .education* or help for people addicted. Etc etc. This is why I’m saying when grandma dies, there will be no one left for these people and we will see the strain on society that other countries currently.enjoy.

Same goes for mental illness. I think it will also be affected due to similar events.

1 Like

I guess it’s called omni now.

1 Like

Totally agree. Taiwan was always a safe home to drug bosses, drug manufacturers. They must be well connected, super well. This is particular a reason no one openly discus drug topic…

Police to grow by 4,200 to boost safety

‘The Executive Yuan said it would control the number of officers assigned to their communities, but added that the cost of adding 900 officers to New Taipei City, 700 to Taoyuan and 400 to Tainan was sustainable if managed efficiently.’

They’d better have them take care of traffic and issue more fines, no problem with the budget then.

2 Likes

The only easier money in taiwan than drugs is through fining bad driving. Thats a cash cow that never runs dry…what will police do if automated cars take to the streets…complete police gang chaos.

This stuff continues and TAiwan will be like Mexico.

Stripped of hyperbole, the story was that 2 guys shot somebody in Taipei and are still at large. Would they even report this in Mexico?

7 Likes

Does this mean we’ll get better Mexican restaurants? Then I’m all for it.

17 Likes

The shooting was in Taichung, in a tea house.

What could be more Taiwanese than this?

Guy

1 Like

sure?

Numbers of shooting
全國槍擊案
2015年 122件
2016年 111件
2017年 97件

3 Likes