Taiwan kills Xmas yet again (2018 edition)

Actually, for the junior analysts just out of undergrad, we’re talking about closer to USD80-100K all in per year. Nowhere close to USD 1 million. But i know, this is totally different.

Yeah I understand they don’t start on million USD, pure exaggeration…But they as well be compared to other new grads.

I thought it mainly depended on their year-end bonuses.

Financial industry here used to get bonuses as big as 10 months. But with the stock market moribund and FINIs not interested those bonuses are now as low as one month. And when you’re working 7 am to 9 pm as a research associate…that sucks.

I still remember the 80s/90s when TWSE was booming and foreign funds were desperate to get in on the action via the QFII quotas which never seemed big enough to satisfy demand. What a difference now.

yeah, and during results reporting season, it goes way past 9pm, way past…happy those days are well behind me.

In other news, water is wet…

Reform is usually unpopular.

Holy moley!!
Fambly Mart got Krazy Krimbo Koffee Kup Madness going on!!

MAGA Baby Jesus 1

Heathen Hermaphrodite Hillary Huggers 0

2 Likes

if there is no day off why do shops insist to put up decorations and play christmas music? can they not bother please. its weird that theres just as much or more christmas stuff around than there is new years stuff at chinese new year.

1 Like

yeah, no Xmas holiday and Saturday makeup day but we gonna taunt you all with lots of reminders of what you’re missing.

Retarded country.

2 Likes

Dude, totally agree. Christmas shouldn’t just be some novelty fun just because they see the Americans doing it while conveniently taking away some of what-they-see as the less fun aspects. We don’t only do this for shits and giggles.

What be they?

In the boss’s mind? Day off for Christian/Catholic employees for one so that we can see our families and take care of the responsibilities associated with Christmas as well as probably going to church.

Getting an itchy sweater for Christmas. And nuts in your stocking.

I hate it when my nuts get stuck in my stockings…

Told you not to put the wrong limb in there.

Wait, you’re supposed to put something inside the stockings?

Well they even do it communist China

They don’t call them “stocking stuffers” for nothing.