Taiwan ladies do not approach?

I’m not talking about club girls. I’m talking about taiwan women in general. Take girls walking through the night market for example, they’ll grab each other so they can all look at me and make cat-calls, but they will not actually even approach. As I said, “they would rather say ‘sexy’ as they walk past, than to actually approach”.

This whole thread is about why this sort of thing can happen in taiwan, but not other places. Another example is western girls actually approach me here in taiwan, whereas taiwan girls behave as I’ve previously said. Is that not an interesting observation?

Also lets say I sound arrogant… if you had a clue about anything you would know this doesn’t imply anything about how a person carries themselves in real life. Its very typical that online personas are extremely different to how those persons relate in the world.[/quote]

I’m not that one that says women are stopping to call him sexy or how good looking I am and yet I don’t encounter any of the problems you do despite probably being older and less attractive then you. I have women approach me in 7-11 and I have had many a girl flirt with me and ask for my line at a night market. I was at a bar in Jiayi and I had about 5 women come sit next to me to chat at different times in the night and this all while not having any clue about anything but it’s your problem not mine. You want to know why women don’t approach you and I called you out on why, sorry if you don’t like it.

And for the record having traveled throughout Europe (spent a summer living in Lagos, Portugal) having been to South America, and living in Las Vegas I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve had women come up and approach me. I’ve had at least 10 times that many do the same thing here so maybe it pays to not be sexy or having no clue.[/quote]

So you are saying Taiwanese women like lumpy, older, ugly men. Well, of course they do. If you look at pretty much EVERY Taiwanese couple, the woman is thin and made up and perfumed. The blokes look like they have been dragged backwards through a Burger King. What can these women do? The men are all a physical mess. The OPs problem is that he isn’t some doughy lump so the women are intrigued, hence the cat calls, but they are scared witless (might have to go to gym, probably can nag at excessively, will be a player etc). You are probably getting women approach you because you don’t seem like a threat. If anything you probably look like someone they can dominate, control and scream at for not looking like the OP. You might not want to take it as a compliment that so many women are talking to you.

I’m not talking about club girls. I’m talking about taiwan women in general. Take girls walking through the night market for example, they’ll grab each other so they can all look at me and make cat-calls, but they will not actually even approach. As I said, “they would rather say ‘sexy’ as they walk past, than to actually approach”.

This whole thread is about why this sort of thing can happen in taiwan, but not other places. Another example is western girls actually approach me here in taiwan, whereas taiwan girls behave as I’ve previously said. Is that not an interesting observation?

Also lets say I sound arrogant… if you had a clue about anything you would know this doesn’t imply anything about how a person carries themselves in real life. Its very typical that online personas are extremely different to how those persons relate in the world.[/quote]

I’m not that one that says women are stopping to call him sexy or how good looking I am and yet I don’t encounter any of the problems you do despite probably being older and less attractive then you. I have women approach me in 7-11 and I have had many a girl flirt with me and ask for my line at a night market. I was at a bar in Jiayi and I had about 5 women come sit next to me to chat at different times in the night and this all while not having any clue about anything but it’s your problem not mine. You want to know why women don’t approach you and I called you out on why, sorry if you don’t like it.

And for the record having traveled throughout Europe (spent a summer living in Lagos, Portugal) having been to South America, and living in Las Vegas I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve had women come up and approach me. I’ve had at least 10 times that many do the same thing here so maybe it pays to not be sexy or having no clue.[/quote]

So you are saying Taiwanese women like lumpy, older, ugly men. Well, of course they do. If you look at pretty much EVERY Taiwanese couple, the woman is thin and made up and perfumed. The blokes look like they have been dragged backwards through a Burger King. What can these women do? The men are all a physical mess. The OPs problem is that he isn’t some doughy lump so the women are intrigued, hence the cat calls, but they are scared witless (might have to go to gym, probably can nag at excessively, will be a player etc). You are probably getting women approach you because you don’t seem like a threat. If anything you probably look like someone they can dominate, control and scream at for not looking like the OP. You might not want to take it as a compliment that so many women are talking to you.[/quote]

I’m not sure I would say lumpy or ugly, older yes but I’m far from lumpy and ugly. back home I got told many times I looked like Andre Agassi. Similar build and weight as well. Albeit I’m probably about 10-12 years younger than him but that was who people said I looked like. Even when I was younger I got that comparison.

I haven’t really checked out the couples as I’m not really interested in what they are doing as I’m not looking for any type of relationship or anything like that. I’ll have to check it out it out as you describe it I might actually get a good laugh out of it. I was married to a Taiwanese woman for about 10 years so I have no interest in going down that road again. Nice women, nice to look at , nice to talk to all yes but as far as being romantically involved… I’ll stick to the one I’m with now.

Only if you’re not interested in women.

I don’t know how many more times I need to repeat that the issue is not with women in general, just taiwan ladies. And that bar and club girls don’t count.

Also superking is just trolling don’t take him seriously.

superking is dishing out some harsh truths infact…

i am now wise to taiwanese girls true intentions and i don’t want anymore of that! it’s going to be interesting to see if any taiwanese girls have any interest left for me now that my taiwan naivety and noobness is all used up.

[quote=“RickRooney”]superking is dishing out some harsh truths infact…

I am now wise to taiwanese girls true intentions and I don’t want anymore of that! it’s going to be interesting to see if any taiwanese girls have any interest left for me now that my taiwan naivety and noobness is all used up.[/quote]

I was married to one who pretty much was the person he described to a T, hence the word “was” . She still is pretty attractive but once you peel back that layer there really wasn’t much there.

I don’t know how many more times I need to repeat that the issue is not with women in general, just taiwan ladies. And that bar and club girls don’t count.

Also superking is just trolling don’t take him seriously.[/quote]

Seems like you have the opposite problem I have with the dam mosquitos here, those little bastards can’t wait to approach me. But seriously have you been to anywhere else in East Asia to compare to Taiwan? I got more dirty looks my weekend in Korea than I think I ever had in my life. After that weekend I thought about becoming a Mormon and going on a mission to Kabul as it would have resulted in a few more smiles.

I’ve seen a different approach, at least 3 times, a local lady comes and asks the obvious where are you from etc, when she asks “do you speak Chinese” I answer no yet, and she naturally assumes all pieces have fall unto place, and we are meant to end up together “oh don’t worry about it, I will teach you”, and to avoid any further embarrassment I ad “well my daughter is teaching me but she is only 5yo” and she goes “but you are too young to have a daughter” even tho I’m pretty old. But I’ve seen women ask a foreign guy “are you single” and if the answer is yes they dunno what else to say but smile.

Thats because they’re waiting for the man to make the move…

Note: I only teach adults

Just last week I started a new class. I always break them into small groups then walk around and talk with them. When I was finished with one and about to go to another, I did the “any questions?” thing. And of course this SMOKING HOT student (shes a total 9, dresses like a 15…I’d say around 28 or so). She smiles and asks “are you single?” (LOL…I get that question a lot from my female students…evidently only the hot ones…maybe only they have the confidence to ask? Dunno). Clearly…that was not the kind of question I meant. And the answer is no.

If the answer had been yes, well…

Teaching adults can be a lot more fun I have to say. I am extremely happily married though.

Are you considered good looking, or are you another 200lb bald guy who gets approached lots at 711 and restaurants ?

200 lbs and bald do not in of themselves exclude a man from being considered “good looking.” Just sayin’.

Are you considered good looking, or are you another 200lb bald guy who gets approached lots at 711 and restaurants ?[/quote]

I think both, haha. But not at 711 or restaurants, more coffee shops and bars.

All women seem to like me (not all, but I mean Asian, White, Latina…black chicks not so into me though I’ve noticed). I am the kind of guy who gets checked out and stared at constantly when I go out. If I go to a bar with my wife, she makes me go to the bathroom with her since girls she knows when she comes back some girl will have swooped in and started talking to me (my wife is unbelievably hot too, I think way outta my league actually).

Im not super good looking though. Someone earlier said its your attitude. I’m “cute” in the face (got a baby face), got a little muscle, not fat, but not super lean. I’d personally rate myself as a 5, just average.

But I think the not cocky (and I am a snazzy dresser), plus cute smile goes along way with all girls.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/09/men-sexual-interest_n_6595822.html

I get that this is going to come across as kind of snarky, but men tend to interpret any interest (particularly from an attractive woman) as sexual. It’s often not.

I used to teach adults too. Old women constantly asked me if I was single. So did young women. So did married men. So did teenagers. So do taxi drivers, my neighbors, random shop owners… Not all of them are sexually interested in me. Most of them aren’t, actually.
They’re just really curious about the lifestyle of foreigners, and in a conversational classroom, the foreigner’s love life is a fun topic to discuss.

A couple of years ago an ex (who was pretty insecure, though he hid it well at first) started getting on my back about “flirting” when seriously, I was just being friendly. I had an exchange with an older gentleman (appeared to be married, I’d assume he had kids) and when he walked away, my ex (who was angry with me at the time…) goes, “Yeah, if I were him, I would totally think that I’d be fucking you tonight!”
Errrrr…touching that guy in any way was literally the last thing on my mind. I wasn’t in the least bit attracted to him. I was just being friendly to him and giving him information because he needed help and I had the local knowledge that he needed.

So maybe that student was coming on to you, maybe she wasn’t. I guess if it feels good to believe she was, take it.

there’s only really one way to interpret being asked if you are single. come on now, don’t play dumb, this isn’t California!

Taiwanese ask about relationship status, job, money all the time, it’s normal, even from strangers.

context sensitive. that does not seem like a typical ‘curiosity about foreigners questionnaire’ type of thing.

A 9 asking a 5 makes way more sense, as well.

According to the article, men are actually pretty good at gauging sexual interest from a potential partner. It’s that when a mistake is made, as people have been known to make from time to time, men will err on the side of sexual interest. Also I challenge the assumption that men are more likely to perceive interest from an attractive woman as sexual, I think it’s more likely the opposite is true.

[quote=“naijeru”][quote=“NonTocareLeTete”]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/09/men-sexual-interest_n_6595822.html

I get that this is going to come across as kind of snarky, but men tend to interpret any interest (particularly from an attractive woman) as sexual. It’s often not.
[/quote]
According to the article, men are actually pretty good at gauging sexual interest from a potential partner. It’s that when a mistake is made, as people have been known to make from time to time, men will err on the side of sexual interest. Also I challenge the assumption that men are more likely to perceive interest from an attractive woman as sexual, I think it’s more likely the opposite is true.[/quote]

Sorry, you’re right, I don’t have any data to back that up. I guess I’m just thinking that because she’s attractive, he’s already thinking about sex, and so he might be more likely to think her interest is sexual.
But maybe I’m being a little unfair to male-kind.

Nah, I know plenty of attractive women that always get their friendliness misconstrued as ‘interest’, a smile from a pretty women and lots of guys lose rationality.

Lets face it. Men see a pretty girl they think about sex PERIOD .