Taiwan ladies do not approach?

For you to expect all woman to be interested in you because of outer appearance is actually pretty representative of why you’re not having much luck. Maybe you should try to give Taiwanese woman a little credit. A lot of foreigners come here and expect woman will fall all over them. When they don’t, they make excuses and say they don’t know anything, their boyfriends are ugly, they don’t know what they are doing, it’s all about money and BMW’s, any excuse to direct the blame somewhere else.

Is it possible that Taiwanese woman actually just know what they want? And when they spot a foreigner, despite being good looking, they may still not be digging their arrogant “i’m a foreigner so worship me vibe.” I think you’d be pleasantly surprised how far a good personality goes, IN ANY COUNTRY. Don’t single out Taiwan as if it’s any different in that respect. An arrogant disrespectful guy is one in any country and in any language.

i think the guy just has a ‘special snowflake’ complex.

he think’s he the only foreign guy the girls should be fawning over and it does not compute when other guys who may even be uglier than him still gain the same interest… there has been a few guys on here with the same complex, complaining about the same things in the past.

Expect? All women? Also I don’t care what lots of foreigners expect by coming here, or how they react afterward.

What really strikes me is my example where taiwan girls will say ‘sexy’ or something similar as they walk past but will not approach… whereas western girls in taiwan don’t talk so much but just approach. The dichotomy is strict, and odd.

No if I approach I can get any girls phone number pretty much. Despite what you’re imputing onto the discussion the topic is very much why taiwan girls singularly in my experience do not approach.

Just last month a petite 9/10 westerner and i caught each others eyes, me in 711 she across the street, perfect timing the door was open because someone had just walked out. She crossed the street and we talked about hanging out, she was leaving taiwan soon.

Compare that with the other day i was at western union sending cash, at the end the cute girl said “you’re very handsome”… I’m staring at her like ‘yes, and then…?’

Taiwan girls never approach, never make the first move!

not quite. everytime someone else has a story of a girl showing them interest you dispute it…

Quote the instances where I explicitly dispute someone.

I can quote where I accept what they say and mention that I’m glad to hear of information that’s contrary to mine.

If a woman tells you “you’re very handsome” in that context, then that already seems like a good start. It took some guts for her to say that. She got the ball rolling - why didn’t you say anything back? Is one compliment not enough? You can’t expect the other party to do all the work. Imagine if you went up to a lady you thought was fit, and told her she was really attractive/fit/beautiful/(whatever is an acceptable compliment these days), and she just gives you a bemused look which kind of suggested that she was thinking “what? Is that all?”.

Anyway, next time it happens, try to react a little bit faster. If you can’t think of anything clever, then even a “thank you” is better than nothing. Better luck next time.

lol that’s the second time you’ve offered advice stop it

The way to get dinner with any service type girl is to be into her with your voice and body language, then offer to give her a tip for her services at the end.

She’ll explain how it’s against company policy to receive anything of the sort, you have to react like you’re disappointed you really want to repay her, then you pause pretend to be in thought thinking hard about how to do it. Then you have to explain that you understand, and yet, “you’ve helped me and been so sweet, i have to at least take you out for x”.

That’s kind of the point. Compliments are completely lame, you have to state what you want. Just ask for my damn number, what is this giving a compliment shit? Taiwan girls are not forward. “Oh you’re so cute” only works on inexperienced college girls and these days not even them since everyone is wearing 10 layers of makeup and looking like anime dolls. Never ever compliment girls until far far into the conversation, best not to even do it in the first couple of conversations.

:laughing:

We all have those “oh crap I really blew it” moments and we rationalise them afterwards. 30 minutes too late … ah, I know what I should have said! Damn! Why did I just stand there like a dummy?

I’ve never heard of anyone explaining it away with “hey, why am I supposed to think of the next line? My awesomeness alone should drive the conversation forward”.

:whistle: I kinda think the ones who are consistently successful at “getting some” are out there getting it and only the ones who are NOT , are online bragging about their prowess.

Some guys are SMOOTH and others are simply NOT. Me , I am more clueless then most.

For example a lady friend said one time she and her bud went to a wine tasting thing in Taipei. Some dude slid behind them in the line, sort of made them notice him, but not talking to them.

Later he came over with a bottle to share ! Now, that is smooth. He got behind them and didn’t make an overt move, but made his presence known so the girls will be aware of him and have checked him out. Will have perceived him to be “harmless” because he made no moves (where they may have expected him to make one) and made him “innocent” when he made his move by coming over with a bottle of wine.

Later, she went with him to his home to “see how he lives”. She professes nothing happened but … what say YOU??? :whistle:

Gaston Push-Up Contest: youtu.be/W3bp59Eci_0

I don’t know how many ladies are into Gaston these days, but I reckon he might have similar problems if he came to Taiwan.

Just remember folks - no one fights like Gaston and no one bites like Gaston. Apparently he eats like two dozen eggs a day as well…

Serenading Gaston at Magic Kingdom: youtu.be/QU-75sWKS7k

[quote=“triceratopses”]lol that’s the second time you’ve offered advice stop it

The way to get dinner with any service type girl is to be into her with your voice and body language, then offer to give her a tip for her services at the end.

She’ll explain how it’s against company policy to receive anything of the sort, you have to react like you’re disappointed you really want to repay her, then you pause pretend to be in thought thinking hard about how to do it. Then you have to explain that you understand, and yet, “you’ve helped me and been so sweet, I have to at least take you out for x”.
[/quote]

You’re wearing me out just describing this whole process.
Why not just ask her to dinner after a little bit of conversation? Confidence and owning your intentions- that’s attractive.

[quote=“triceratopses”]

Compare that with the other day I was at western union sending cash, at the end the cute girl said “you’re very handsome”… I’m staring at her like ‘yes, and then…?’

Taiwan girls never approach, never make the first move![/quote]

if you do not want to take on the male role then simply keep dating those western women who take the reigns and stop complaining about Taiwanese… their behaviour is totally normal, for asian women or any women tbf.

Well, yeah they do actually under the right circumstances. Not with you maybe, but as I said that probably has a lot more to do with the vibe you give off rather than the Taiwan girls having an issue. Being attractive is only the very first thing people see. After seeing you, but before approaching you, they also can pick up on several other vibes in exactly the same way that you pick up on with them when you first see them. Why do you think it doesn’t go both ways?

You haven’t shown a picture, so this is all entirely taking you at your word that you’re the shit, but even if you were that’s not enough to get a quality woman to approach you. Club girls will sure, but we’re not talking about that. Quality woman want more than just good looking, and they tend to avoid foreigners that give off that “i’m the shit” vibe, or the “i’m a player who’s going to sleep with you and be on to the next one in about 2 weeks.” It’s likely written all over you.

And FYI since you seem to be new at this dating thing, when a girl says right to your face “your handsome,” that’s one of those elusive things called SIGNALS that you seem to be continuously missing. She just approached you. You’re looking for your sun glasses and they are on your head man. Why don’t they approach? She just did !

If you can’t move the conversation along after that to something more substantial, damn dude :doh:

You assume so much you’re just talking to yourself. The only thing of merit you spoke of is what it means to approach. To receive a compliment even a strong one like that is not an approach. An approach is where you quickly in the conversation make it plain that you want to hang out with the person or ask for their details in order to hook up later. Most other places I’ve been to that’s what girls do, that’s what western girls in taiwan do, but it’s not what taiwan girls in taiwan do.

Pic I posted was here
Immediately get called out for “showing off” and “pretty guy” and being told by a girl in response that “people here are rather shy with the opposite sex. Yes, girls will stalk you but not talk to you.”

Wow. Since when do you get to decide what is and isn’t an approach for a whole damn COUNTRY? Thank goodness Taiwanese women have you to critique how they date. I’m sure they would have all died out in a single generation were it not for your great wisdom.

Obviously this thread is just one of those tired old “look at me i’m the coolest foreigner around,” but on the extremely off chance you are actually asking a real question of why woman don’t approach you, all you have to do is read your comment above and it will all make perfect sense to you. a) You don’t seem to know what an approach actually means. b) You want girls to quickly move the conversation towards hook up territory, yet you specifically said in this thread you’re not interested in club girls looking for fun. :ponder:

I’ll stick to my original statement. They aren’t giving you the approach you want because they aren’t interested in the “i’m the shit” type of foreigners. If you want the ones who are, it’s like you said, easy as could be. You’re far from the only foreigner who can easily get woman who are looking to just have fun, and there’s nothing wrong with that if that’s what it is. But quality woman looking for MORE, seem to be quite a bit out of your league right now.

I am just a fat dude but I think this guy thinks quite highly of himself. However, his brand of magic isn’t quite working the way he thinks it should. So he thinks Taiwanese girls may be largely defective ? :smiley: Well they are not the SAME as gringo chicks that is for sure. They need a different approach/perspective.

Do as Superman does and unleash your Clark Kent. Be a bit goofy etc.

Ha, I once chatted with this serious body builder dude at an art gallery, it was a joint exhibition, and he saw my wife next to my paintings, and started chatting to her (thinking she was the artist). She told him they were my paintings and called me over to chat with him about them. He actually introduced himself as “Kent Clark” (it was even on his self-printed and badly cut out name card he gave me). I was thinking - wow, that’s so subtle, nothing as crude as Man Super or Super Kent etc. Perhaps it was his real name, but I’m about 99% sure that’s not his original name. A character indeed.

Intelligent good-looking people in for example Cali and Vegas can very quickly tell if they are interested in each other and quickly exchange numbers. Same in Europe. Same with taiwan girls online on dating sites looking for stable relationships, but never with taiwan girls in person. The real issue is why they would prefer to say sexy or gawk as we walk past each other than to come forward. In the times that they have come forward, it’s petty and they never ask for number etc first ie. approach. Never. Online they always ask first, and quickly. In person If I ask, i get their info.

Icon said “they would rather stalk you than talk to you” this is precisely my experience.

And it’s not about hooking up I avoid ons girls it’s about making connections. Adults are forward without being desperate and slutty, we don’t play this back and forth courting game bs like little teenage girls.

Not defective just wondering what’s up. If you westerners think it’s odd to be stared at by asians just for being western, imagine me receiving 100x the attention and receiving cat-calls and compliments etc and yet they will not ask for a number. No place like taiwan.

[quote=“triceratopses”] we don’t play this back and forth courting game bs like little teenage girls.

[/quote]

seems you do as you expect girls to hold your hand and chat you up after they have already broken the ice with you.