Taiwan passport

Yes i know the old household registration of her siblings tando coz during that time they dont have house in taiwan and they are renting only in taiwan even my grandparent also and during that time what they did is travelling to taiwan only my grandparents did that time and about my grandparents household im not so sure if my grandparents have household or links to my aunt or or my uncles household coz my aunt came to taiwan 1989 and my uncle 1986 then my grandfather died during 1970’s and my grand mother died 1988 and i didnt saw in my grandparents ROC passport that they have national id.unlike during 90’s time of my uncle and aunt passport they have already

Yes, I understood the situation.

It is just a possibility that your grandfather had a household registration at the same address with your aunt or uncle. If you will ever visit taiwan, it will not hurt to ask the HHR at the area whether your grandfather had a household. If he had, your problem may be solved, isn’t it?

Tando actually as i remember my aunt told me before that during the enter of early 90’s that before they apply the taiwan id.they required them of my grandparents pictures,taiwan passport,death cert.etc.but im not so sure if that will reflect or i can get the exact answer from HHR if i bring my grand father or grand mothers passport?and my other questions are
1)if i can get my aunt or my uncle passport,id.,birth cert. Then i will photo copy or xerox copy is the HHR allowed it?
2) actually as i remember my aunt told me before that during the enter of early 90’s that before they apply the taiwan id.they required them of my grandparents pictures,taiwan passport,death cert.etc.but im not so sure if that will reflect or i can get the exact answer from HHR if i bring my grand father or grand mothers passport?(i just repeat the above question)
3)if i get my grandparents household for example what should my mom next moved tando coz both are died already?coz always in my mind is the word petition
4)if my grandparents dont have household but only i get my aunt or uncle old household registration do you think my mom needed the so called petition from them?

Ok. Let me get the information straight.

your situation:

• Your grandfather and grandmother

• moved from Mainland China to Taiwan to Philippines
    • had old Taiwanese Passport with no ID number
    • already passed away
    • you don’t know if they had a household registration and national ID
  • Your aunt and uncle

• live in Philippines
    • have taiwanese passports with ID number
    • their household registration is inactive now
    • they got their household registration under the old loose regulations.
    • you know the address of their household registration
    • do they have national ID cards and transcript of their household registration too?
  • Your mother

• has Taiwan passport without ID number
    • doesn’t have household registration
    • doesn’t have Philippines nationality
  • You

• have taiwanese passport without ID number
    • do you have Philippine nationality?
  • Other info
    relationship between your mother and her siblings is not very good
    how is your relationship with them?

taiwanese citizenship:

TARC

1. Has a lineal blood relative, a spouse, a sibling, or a spouse’s parent, who has registered permanent residence in the Taiwan Area.
    This one is same with the petition on the webpage of TECO in Manila. You mother needs to ask one of her siblings to activate her/his inactive household registration.
  2. Serves as an overseas legislator.
  3. Was born in overseas. Parents had registered permanent residence in the Taiwan Area when the child was born.
    If your grandfather had a household registration when she was born, your mother can use this one.
  4. Enter into taiwan with Taiwanese passport, and continues to reside in the Taiwan Area for 7 years, and more than 183 days each year.
    If there is no other way you can use, this is the way.
  5. Has made an investment in the Taiwan Area in the amount that is more than NT$10,000,000.
  6. Studied at taiwanese school as an an overseas student, and worked for 2 years in your country after graduated from the school.
  7. Has special contributions to the country and the society, or is a senior professional personnel as needed in the Taiwan Area.
  8. Has special skills and experiences and has been invited back to the State by the central authorities that are in charge of the field of their employment.
  9. Has been appointed or employed by a government department, a public or private university or a college
  10. Has been approved to work in the Taiwan Area for a white collar job.

Grandfather’s household registration:

If your aunt and uncle don’t know about his household registration, it is possible that he didn’t have. Though it is also possible that he had his household registration at the same address with your aunt and uncle.

If you have any plan to visit Taiwan, I think you can ask about his household registration at the HHR office. I would bring the following documents.
Many of the documents may need to be authenticated at TECO in Manila.

• your grandfather’s passport, and pictures, and death certificate.
  • your mother’s Taiwanese passport, and her resident permit in Philippines, and proof to show she is your grandfather’s daughter. Birth certificate, picture with him, etc
  • your taiwanese passport, and Philippines passport or resident permit, and proof to show you are your mother’s child. Birth certificate etc.
  • your aunt or uncle’s copy of Taiwanese passport, id, birth certificate, Philippines passport or resident permit, proof of their relation ship to your grandfather.

The HHR office people may tell you if your grandfather had a household registration at the address or not.

If he had it there, you can get the transcript of his household registration as his lineal blood relative. And your mother can apply for her residency using the transcript. What she needs are written in the instruction.

Under any circumstances, the application form is the same, and it is submitted by applicant.

If your mother uses the household registration of her siblings, she needs her sibling’s

• Passport and Taiwan ID. Original & 2 photocopies each.
  • Household Certificate issued within last three months. 2 Original

I don’t know whether the sibling should visit TECO in Manila for interview, when your mother applies in Philippines. You can ask on this to TECO.

Added:
Do you know how your aunt and uncle decided the address of their household registration? Do they have their household registration at the same address, or do they have each different address?

6 Likes

Tando you have very good english command and sorry for my bad english and im not also in a good relationship with my aunt and uncle and during that time they are unwilling to help or petition my mom and bec.both of them a littlebit selfish thats why we dont have any choice but they have a littlebit communication but not that long talking and maybe i can borrow the passport,id,But using photo copy or xerox only and But the household im not sure if they have on there hands after they move out of taiwan and they got their household registration and also the taiwan id. under the old loose regulations

1. you know the address of their household registration? (yes they live there quite longtime ago and as far as i know before this last address they have the first one but we dont know the first address and they live in hsinchu area both the old and this last address and this last address we have there address and written in chinese also and my mom knows how to writte it and we have a copy of it written only coz they live in a same roof my aunt and my uncle)

2. do they have national ID cards and transcript of their household registration too?(the national id.card they have it in there hands and about the household registration i dont know if they have it in there hands and i didnt saw it and only the national id.card only i saw)

3. Do you know how your aunt and uncle decided the address of their household registration?(yes,before they said they are walking and looking for a house to live and they find this where there last address)

4. do you have Philippine nationality?(i dont have a philippine nationality only ROC and i have permanent resident in the philippines only?

5. moved from Mainland China to Taiwan to Philippines(only my grandfather and my grandmother is born and live in the philippines but have ROC passport but no national id.in the passport same with my grandfather)

6. Though it is also possible that he had his household registration at the same address with your aunt and uncle(actually im sure they dont know address of my grandparents address coz they are young during that time and even my mum dont know it also and that time my grand parents going to taiwan for a couple of days only then back again here with his roc passport friend also and according to my mum she told me during that time they are planning to live in taiwan all of them siblings but the suddent death of my grandfather during 70’s it didnt materialized)

7. i forget to tell you tando i have also a aunt who are also have a taiwan passport and id.and also household in taiwan with the same address with my aunt and uncle but in 2008 it was her sudden death but her passport and id.was in my counsin’s hand

8. tando i want to ask during that time is taiwan national id.is required already or this is new one only during the early 90’s before the restriction?

9. is it required before early 90’s to have household registration before national id.?

10. is hukao and household or national id.are the same meaning?

Tando have u read my message?

yes.

hukou.
yes, almost the same meaning.

yes.

When did your grandfather’s passport issued? I think every citizen with hukou in Taiwan Area was given national ID card with some kind of ID number by 1956. If he sometimes visited taiwan and he had hukou, he might have got his ID card.
As for the format of old passport, I don’t know.

I would recommend to contact with SIMN as I posted before. They have worked to help Filipino Chinese. They may know on old taiwan passport, and maybe know on cases similar to yours too.

Scalabrini International Migration Network (SIMN), Taiwan
http://simn-taiwan.blogspot.com/p/simn-taiwan-2019.htm
Address: 台北市中山北路三段51號1樓
TEL: 02.25995943
email: simntwn@gmail.com

is the address the one on their national ID card?
As i posted before, I think you can confirm whether there is your grandfather’s hukou at the address. If there it is, you can get the transcript. If it is not there, and you don’t know your grandfather’s ID number, I have no idea how to know whether he had hukou or not.

Maybe you can also ask about old passport format to TECO in Manila, or 菲華文教服務中心
(Culture Center of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines).

Are there any Chinese-Filipino groups in Philippines that might help you?

1)is the address the one on their national ID card?(Actually maybe yes coz they live those in both places so long so its possible its the address Coz as i know if you transfer to other places u have to tell the HHR if im not mistaken so its possible that this is there address in national id.)
2)Are there any Chinese-Filipino groups in Philippines that might help you?(here in the philippines there is no such things as any asso.or communities or anything that helping like us or even meet up or any offices but there is many chinese asso.but they dont cater like us thats why it was so hard for us as overseas tw.holder if we want to know something and besides we need to spend a money like if we ask teco they only have limited knowledge about like this…so they advice us to travel to taiwan to ask the immigration so its cumbersome for us …so its been a decade on and off for me to pursue like this question coz no one help us until recently i know only the CAFC but its gone since 2015)
4)tando do you think this new economic immigration bill will help or answer to those even the old aged people to get taiwan id.or even household registration?

[quote=“Jasonong335933, post:29, topic:188392”] i know if you transfer to other places u have to tell the HHR if im not mistaken so its possible that this is there address in national id.
[/quote]

it is not rare that people leave their permanent address at the old place. You may need to confirm whether it is the address on their national ID card. If you want to look for your grandfather’s hukou.

the role of CAFC was handed to SIMN. Did you contact with SIMN? If so, how did they say? There must be someone who speaks Tagalog, if it is your language.

some of NWOHTs may be exempted from entry-exit permit, like visa-exempt for some foreigners.

the act explicitly says that NWOHRs with no other nationality can work without work permit.

if they are employed for professional or middle-level work, they are given TARC, and the years may be counted for citizenship.

1 Like

1)Did you contact with SIMN? If so, how did they say? There must be someone who speaks Tagalog, if it is your language(actually they are not entertaining and it seems a littlebit arogant the one who answer me in the fb page so i didnt bother i dont if he or she that one who answer and always say i need to go to there church and ask personally and something he/she said that a very arrogant and i told he/she already that im in the philippines still so arrogant in our convo.
2)the act explicitly says that NWOHRs with no other nationality can work without work permit(so what is the diff.bet.the regulations today that say NWHR can work without first apply the work permit?)
3)the act explicitly says that NWOHRs with no other nationality can work without work permit(is this also means any type of work from ordinary work like caregiver or janitor in a private company or entities?)
4)is this new immigration economic bill are more linient or easy to apply for national id.or rc.?

middle level jobs may be opened for residency that are counted for citizenship. Other that that, not so much difference, iiuc.

you can get residency for work such as caregiver or factory worker under the current law and the new law, but it may not be counted for citizenship, iiuc. I might be wrong, so you could ask to relevant government agency.

Tando i want to ask what is the diff.bet.the sticker that given to us if we enter taiwan and the visa free like that in the new law

you can save some time and fee. You might need the sticker for the duration of your stay is counted for residency.

here, we continue.

1. if your grandfather had a HHR, your mother can apply for aTARC, even if he had passport only and didn’t have a national ID and passed away.

2. your mother can use her sibling’s HHR, but it should be reactivated by the sibling.

1 Like

Lastly tando if 1 of her siblings activated the HHR even all her siblings didnt live there anymore my mum can use it to apply for a HHR?and if i understand correctly my mum upon holding a TARC then she ahould live 1 year then can apply for taiwan id.card?

1 Like

yes, iiuc.

How to reactivate the HHR

1 Like

Tando i have one group mate and he ask me to ask you what if he was planning to rent a house in hsinchu and
his landlord allows him to put to there HHR and he was holding taiwan passport is he can apply for a TARC?

his landlord allows him to put there his HHR is unrelated to his TARC.

If one of 10 circumstances is applicab to him, he can get TARC.

Yes tando you correct and the address of my aunt and uncle have it here

I will do all possible things to make my mum legally stay in taiwan when she is still alive now and my mum and with her sibling are not good term and possible her siblings will not go to taiwan to activate there HHR but i can borrow there xerox of there passport,taiwan id,and tell me what you i need to get from them and the house where they live still there and the owner itself