Taiwan Receipt Lottery

I’ve done it before on an ARC. But I recall the 7-11 staff use their own ID to scan and encode my winning receipt. It’s like I’m riding on their Taiwanese ID, then they give me my purchased items via winning receipt.

Exactly. Why should we have to do this?

And previously, the winning receipts could only be redeemed at 7-11 for purchases. The new rule is that we can get the cash, since the Post Office Bank will no longer be doing this.

There’s also the new official government app for checking receipts, as well as for transferring the winnings to your bank account, donating them to a charity, etc. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tw.gov.invoice).

However, the reviews indicate there are still a lot of bugs (no surprise there).

1 Like

Yeah, it’s ridiculous. I’ve only tried it in 7-11, not sure how that’ll work for PX Mart. Btw, they wouldn’t let me buy a total less than 200 NTD. You can also redeem cash before, at the post, even if it’s just 200 NTD.

Last redemption period, I was able to redeem my cash at Chung Hwa Bank. I actually think the banks are better than the post. Less people and faster.

What is the most you guys have ever won at one time? I think mine was near 3,000 with multiple winning receipts. Ever since then I win around 200-1,000 each time at best.

On average I’d say I have at least one $200 winner 4 out of 6 draws, with one of those being a multiple winner (2 or 3 $200 winners). The most I ever won was back in 2014; I matched 5 numbers and got $4,000 (less 20% tax, of course).

1 Like

$800 max all $200s

I have never won more than $200 on a single ticket.
I have also just missed a lot of tickets by 2-3 numbers.

1 Like

I redeemed my 11-12 winning receipts (only 2 x $200) last month at my neighbourhood 7-11, no problem. The guy looked concerned as the first barcode he scanned on my ARC didn’t do anything, but he was persistent, and after a few scans and beeps, he loaded my winnings onto my iCash card. So it is possible!

2 Likes

I think my top winnings over the past 6 years has been $1600: 1 x $1000, 3 x $200. I usually win at least $200, but sometimes nothing at all. Bummer.

4000 NTD in December 2016, very good surprise that day.

I got confused by a post among others from 2006 up there talking about apps.
Also what the hell there’s only two 6th prize numbers this month?

Yeah, I installed the official govt. app 2 weeks back and arduosly scanned and typed all the receipts starting from January up until today (I’m still continuously scanning/typing any new receipts I get each day)…There’s still a few bugs in the app…especially when scanning the electronic ones… The scanner takes a long time to hone in on the barcode and sometimes cannot read it at all. Another frustrating thing about the app is that it crashes very frequently, even after updating to the latest version. The good thing about the app is it saves a lot of time in that we don’t have to check the receipts one by one.

$400 ($200*2) was the most I’ve ever won in my 18 years on this island :cry:

1 Like

It varies depending on some factors, not sure exactly what.

That’s why I changed to the one I recommended above.
It’s very fast and precise, and it works both with the QR code (in the case of those small invoices) or just the numbers (for any other invoice)

1 Like

Yep…I installed that one too and will try it out tonight on all the Jan~Feb invoices which the “other” app says I didn’t win any…just for fun :smile:

0 this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

Just redeemed my 11-12 NT$200 receipt this evening, it’s the bar code on the bottom of the ARC that needs to be scanned, not the top one.

For anyone who still has 11-12 winners, today is the last day so if you won more than NT$200 you’re probably out of luck…

Have NT$400 from 1-2 to collect soon!

2 Likes

Oh crap

I just tried yesterday. I have three 200ntd winners from Mar/Apr. The 7-11 I always go to said they couldn’t use my APRC to redeem them “because of my name.” When I pointed out that my ID has my Chinese name as well, they still wanted to use one of the employee’s 身份證. I said nevermind, I’ll go to the bank. Why is this so hard?

Edit: I just now tried again. I spoke with the manager at the 7-11. She insisted that I couldn’t use my ARC, that they can only redeem with a Taiwan 身份證.

What do do? Is there anything in writing somewhere that I could use to educate the employees?