Taiwan Receipt Lottery

By “you can’t use your ARC” she means “I don’t know how”. Ask them to call the higher-ups. You absolutely can redeem with an ARC number.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right. I went in again just now, and they now knew how to do it! I think because I go there every day they could sense I was a bit perturbed, and so maybe that prompted them to call up their corporate office.

I’ve lived here long enough to know this is a familiar scenario (phone contracts, banking, etc.) I hope this is a sign of further change to better accommodate residents.

3 Likes

IMG_20191028_083134

3 Likes

Don’t spend it all at one time!

(Which would be a pretty easy thing to do.)

2 Likes

I diversified my investment. I had a winning ticket for 200nt that wento into my easy card, and this big phat 996nt after taxes will pay for the next time I feel constipated and need an all-you-can-eat session at McDonald’s to exorcise the evil within.

2 Likes

Only 4nt in taxes? When I won 4,000 a few years ago I had to pay 20% :cry:

Bernie Sanders would be glad to hear that billionaires like you who win 4k at the lottery thingy get taxed more than we, the people!

1 Like

Faked receipts after winning numbers were announced. It took them nearly 3 years though to get the 16M.

1 Like

tenor

1 Like

Goddamnit!

9 Likes

So I got an email about a winning receipt (that I might have thrown away), and I noticed this statement:

(3)您亦可至整合服務平台設定金融帳戶並啟用匯款,次期中獎獎金將自動匯入您設定之金融帳戶。
(3) You can also go to the integrated service platform to set up a financial account and enable remittance. The winning prizes of the second period will be automatically transferred to the financial account you set.

I’m curious if anyone has been able to set this up.

1 Like

I tried when I first heard about this, but I needed to be running Internet Explorer on Windows95 in order to set it up.

Well, not exactly, but it was a pain and it never set up correctly. Maybe it’s changed since then.

Next shortage. Plastic bags. Start holding them now.

1 Like

The math in that article doesn’t add up!

Well now we know what Han Kuo-yu is up to these days.

4 Likes

So quick question, I scanned the receipts using the 統一發票對獎 app (the government app) but the winning receipt is now lost. Does it mean there goes my winning money, or is there a way I can still claim it? The winning receipt is from a 7-11 near my place, can they reprint it for me? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it does.

1 Like

A quick receipt lottery question that I’ve never been sure of:

Am I correct in thinking that for the Special Prize and Grand Prize you need to have all 8 digits to win anything, and that the small prizes for the last 3 and 4 digits etc. only apply to the three First Prize winning numbers? That is, having a receipt ending 4723 or 723 doesn’t count for anything, correct?

1 Like

The last 3 of any number win 200$.