Taiwan versus South Korea (infrastructure in general, green areas, etc.)

I know one French guy (parent ) in Taiwan and he always looked miserable like he was in prison. But then he would tell me how good some things in Taiwan are. :neutral_face:

Thats certainly not the narrative on tv…

I have never lived there, but most of.my family is from there and they all left for greener pastures. Other than cheaper land, i would far rather taiwan over france. But france is surely a lovely vacation spot to cycle around and blow your savings account in (either via high prices or being robbed).

France is a huge and awesome country with great weather and scenery and food. Not much wrong with it overall. ok off topic…

France has many very beautiful smaller cities/towns full of very, very rich people like Biarritz and St. Tropez, which are very enviable indeed.

it is, and its safer country to live aswell. But that Macron (or whatever his name is) seems to cause issues to the people of france, now with this covid passport crap.

:rofl:

3 Likes

@Gain
MMM. Taiwan, lynchings to death in the street, not the first time this has happened here.

France isnt that bad, paris maybe, but crime is different in europe and the west, asian crime here is far more brutal for the littlest of reasons.

France homicide rate (2018) : 1.3/100k

Taiwan homicide rate (2019): 0.38/100k

But sure, France is safer. Lol.

2 Likes

Taiwan so dangerous! Something happened once!

2 Likes

I had a CDI. Gave it up to return to the UK to work.

France is probably the best country in the World to celebrate life/retire. My family will certainly never leave. But to work? Lots of security, good state pensions, etc. but the bureaucracy and red tape make it hard to hire, fire, etc. and the bankruptcy laws are ancient.

The problem with crime in Taiwan is it is very well hidden. Ask some foreigners and no crime. Ask a local and you will get crime reports. Some horrific.

They may not be violent crimes, but they are crimes no less.

I never said crime didn’t happen.

Just need to read the Chinese newspapers, 90% of the bad stuff doesn’t even get on TV.

Makes one wonder then how other coubtries that have obvious street crime, are doing behind the scenes. Taiwan isnt that good at hiding stuff, so i wouldnt give coverups much credence for the vast majority of stuff unreported.

Florida Man exists because of the crime reporting laws in that State.

Makes one wonder then how other countries that have obvious street crime, are doing behind the scenes. Taiwan isnt that good at hiding stuff, so i wouldnt give coverups much credence for the vast majority of stuff unreported.

True. Most crimes in taiwan seem to be business related. They kill people but indurectly. Thats why pollution should be rich h otter topic. All the factory shenanigans are very much well known and all that happens is a slap on the wrist and sometimes very restrictive knee jerk laws that cripple small businesses. This is taiwans real crime boom, hence why i think the government is the biggest gang.

Many bad things done by companies in the west aren’t considered crimes.

1 Like