Taiwan Wildlife subforum

And so could other topics such as "Aren’t all lifeforms wild each in their own way?

You can add wildlife tags to them. But they probably have them already if they’re about lizards in the wild. If they’re about pets, they don’t need them.

There’s never going to be a perfect division of forums, unless we want to have hundreds of forums, which we don’t. Tags can fill in that gap very nicely. I’m shooting towards having a new Science and Nature forum, and other stuff might be in Pets and Animals, Living in Taiwan, Food, Health, etc.

Have you ever clicked on a tag?

1 Like

I was thinking before when I read @Explant that killing mosquitoes should be then under the “physics” category.

I don’t think we should be anal with this. A “Wild Life” subforum with threads and hopefully different tags enabled for threads and posts would be sufficient. In my opinion we don’t need to over analyze things because there’s not the general knowledge and interest for having like a university level repository. We should separate the normal “animals, pets, and adoptions” forum from the “Wild life one”. But to have more than that would be overkill imho.

1 Like

And @tempogain, you said the other day that “we don’t have subforums anymore”. I don’t this that’s true. Look at the screenshot: you have general categories (forums or subforums), and then you still have second level categories, subcaterogies, sub or sub sub forums:

No sub sub forums allowed in Discourse. In our setup, we already have sub forums, and those can’t have their own sub forums. That’s why Animal adoptions is not a subforum of Pets like it used to be, for example.

Eh how do I add tags?

Same way you change a title–click on the pencil icon next to a title, and you’ll see the tags window. This assumes you’re a Regular

My point is… Wild Life should be at the same level than “Pets and other animals”.

And “animal adoptions and emergencies” should be just normal posts under “Animals and pets” with perhaps that tag: “animal adoptions”.

1 Like

Where’s your picture?

Oh I put it in someone else´s already started thread.

That’d be in the Human Sexuality sub-forum.

2 Likes

That’s too broad, in which sub sub forum would it go?

We couldn’t capture the entire spectrum of Human Sexuality in a sub forum.

Sorry, I meant the anal sex sub-forum of the Human Sexuality forum. :eggplant:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cultural Learnings of Rigel VII for Make Benefit Glorious Planet of Earth

The banana is such versatile fruit…

But it seems to me you favourite foreigner eggplant:

Insertable vegetables is of course a whole other sub sub forum.