Taiwanese food is great!

These are not mutually exclusive.

Mmmm, disagree. We have bad convenience store food and 24 hour McDonalds in Canada as well, but the restaurants are open all day (and don’t all close on Monday).

It’s a root problem.

I don’t really wonder why the average food here is the way it is, I just wonder why they’re so proud of it :man_shrugging:

1 Like

永和豆漿 is perfect late after drinking food.

1 Like

Looking forward to more of this over the new year.

3 Likes

Where is your go to for raw seafood?

1 Like

I actually walked into a subway shop in Boston and looked around confused: where are the trains? The guy behind the counter was highly amused by this, he was like wow buddy this is a sandwich shop, where are you from? I told him Ireland and he is like, oh, thats a distance, how long was the bus ride, that must be about 15-20 hours? At that point we were both looking at each other with the same mix of shocked glee thinking man this guy is a fricken idiot

2 Likes

It’s now a poke place called A Bowl of Poke (一碗poke).

I went to a near by restaurant past October.

The food is amazing, but it’s definitely more pricey.

3 Likes

The entire town of Chenggong.

1 Like

This was really good, Kending, and cheap too.

2 Likes

Chears! I bring the family there everytime I am there, they do the rice bowls. I go for the bagels. I really like the place. Way better than the subway standard that it used to be!

1 Like

Taiwan is a “food paradise,” as this Korean youtube on TSMC calls is.

1 Like

Does he live here?

Because I live here, and I don’t see it…

2 Likes

Irrelevant

It’s totally relevant. Living in a place for years is a very different experience from being a tourist on holiday.

Irrelevant to TSMC, maybe :joy:

1 Like

Taiwanese gourmet coming to Kumamoto!

Cheap instant noodles and 剉冰 are gourmet now? :sweat_smile:

That’s just the thumbnail.

Presumably it’s included in the video? That shit ain’t gourmet by any stretch of the imagination.

Exactly. Here’s a thread for your “we’re awesome no one understands us” group therapy session:

1 Like