Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

The negative is very subjective. Banana peel? Confused identity? Jealous lover? Cover of Apple daily it is. Plus all your FB contents exposed to the world.

It si new to me as no serious press would be so … I mean, they publish so much rubbish and so much useless stuff.

Well, on to the next chapter. Thsi is something I had wondered about: if teh parents could not be held as accessories. Moreover, seems the pity has run out.

In the case of federal law, Lee indicated that if Sun or his parents falsified ATF Form 4473 when purchasing his 9 mm gun, they could be subject to up to 10 years in prison.

Lee said that it was fortunate that both of Sun’s parents had already returned to Taiwan because they could be facing both state and federal charges for enabling straw purchases. As Taiwan and the U.S. do not have an extradition treaty, as long as the parents stay in Taiwan, they should be safe from prosecution, said Lee.

Lee said that the U.S. federal government is doing Sun a favor, “Otherwise arriving in a small town only four months, not diligently studying, acting this crazy, being so capricious, going on an ammunition and gun buying spree, and joking about terrorism could have all led to a tragic ending, that couldn’t be taken back. In the end who would be to blame?”

They took him out of Taiwan to mak ethe problem go away… and it got out of hand. What will happen when he comes back? The kid has no consciousness of what he has done and will keep on living la vida loca in a fantasy world. If he starts blaming others for his failures, we’re all doomed.

2 Likes

I was wondering why we haven’t heard from this case no mo. Seems kid is still in custody…152 days already.

EDIT:
Seems his case is taking a turn for the worse and there is talk of 10 years in jail and a hefty fine.

New data has been pulled of him practicing at a shooting range, even taking visitors from Taiwan there.

When does he go to court?

Still in jail but there may be a chance for early court date in December and they do hope to have him home the earliest.

https://stars.udn.com/star/story/10088/3452427?utm_source=stars&utm_medium=webpush

It just feels like he wanted to act cool for attention with the threat.

The evidence against him just seems like he likes weapons and guns. It’s easy to pile on he searched for how to buy a AK47 and AR 15 when he clearly likes guns. It’s like pulling over a Lamborghini driver and finding out the owner googles about sports cars.

In Texas car dealerships often give out AKs and ARs it you purchase a car. It sounds scary for those who didn’t grow up with guns. All my friends had multiple ARs and AKs. I had an AK47.

2 Likes

What I have read and I truly do not know if it is true, is that as a resident, not a citizen, he was not allowed/limited in terms of buying certain guns or other kinds of weapons, which he did purchase in sizable quantities. Next question is if those purchases were made under his own name and if not, why did the adults around him facilitate these purchases, whether they were aware it was illegal to do so - but whatever baby asks for baby gets - and finally the legal consequences of all of the above.

AK47 is the weapon of choice of child soldiers. We got monuments built out of piles of them at the end of the civil wars, when the revolutionaries put down their arms. Point of view, different perceptions.

1 Like

You may be right. It’s just hard tor me to go into a persons mind who wants to shoot up a school.

But idk, my speculation is good as anyone’s at this point.

Just from my perspective, if I ever was stupid to make a joke like I’m gonna shoot you’ll up tomorrow. If the cops came, they’d probably find enough to make it look like I was going to do it. As with many of my friends. It wouldn’t be rare to get civilian grade bullet proof vests and things like that, one of my friends had it.

God bless the U of A! :pray:

civilian grade bullet proof vests

What does civilian grade mean? Can civilians not own some types of body armor? America calls itself a free country. PFFFFT!

Finally, he is coming home.

In the hearing, Sun apologized for the trouble he had caused his parents, the United States, and his native country.

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, however, he was interrupted by the judge.

“The word is not trouble for what you’ve brought to your family,” the paper quoted Quinones as saying. “You have brought them shame, which is an even higher offense.”

Sun Peng and Di Ying also attended Monday’s hearing.

The father pleaded for mercy for his son and apologized for the disturbance caused by the case to American society and asked Quinones to give him a chance to rebuild his family and educate his son properly.

Quinones told the parents not to feel shame for their son’s mistake, saying that the incident was mainly the result of the boy’s immaturity and lack of understanding of the severity of verbal threats.

“Once your son is released, I want you to make sure your son grows up and becomes a mature person,” she was quoted as saying in the Philadelphia Inquirer report. “You can’t continue to shelter him.”

Great. Time to invest in a fire-retardant wardrobe. And no more MRT rides for Milky.

5 Likes

BAHAHAHAHA.
I’m sure this will happen. :unamused:

Elliot Rodger 2.0 will be writing his manifesto as soon as he gets back to Taipei.

Is that for real? He’s posted that?

EDIT: That is Elliot Rodger. I thought it was the spoilt Taiwanese lad.

1 Like

flame

5 Likes

Despite the utterly miserable state of the world today, this may be the worst news I’ve read today.

Guy

1 Like

So that’s it? He just comes home? Will there be any prosecution here or he just gets to go to school the next day?

3 Likes

Su’s (center) face in this picture translates to me as “yea, we got our way”

IMG_9635

“The father pleaded for mercy for his son and apologized for the disturbance caused by the case to American society and asked Quinones to give him a chance to rebuild his family and educate his son properly.”
If you didn’t educate him until now I doubt you will be able to change his perspective. At 18 yr old you most important reference is not parents anymore. Psychologically it comes from friends, groups etc. Unless he is put under intense therapy for a few years, brace yourselves.

2 Likes

We don’t want flamethrower kid back.

7 Likes

With any luck he can do a show and tell of his ammo collection back in Taiwan. If they took that from him, then maybe show off his flamethrower. :joy:

1 Like

I wonder if he used some type of homemade flame thrower what’s the Taiwanese would do?would they shoot him up in public while he wasn’t killing people?

They would just blame the foreign influence on him, his stay in the States, his traumatic experience of being bullied and misunderstood to the point of being incarcerated for something Americans do every day, bla bla bla…

This can end up really bad. I do not see the parents understanding the situation in any way.

2 Likes