Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

Round me outside girl.

This guy has gotten a fan club of sorts from women who profess to love him and identify with him. Imagine that?

Talk about crazy. Him or the women who are infatuated with him??

Not at all surprising. Charles Manson had women on the outside falling all over him. Many murderers are in the same situation; the more press the murders got the more attention the murderer receives from females for whom real, physical contact is impossible.

It’s just the way we humans are.

This is a common phenomenon. After Ted Bundy was executed over ten women who he had been corresponding with who thought he was in love with then found out about each other. Several of them had nervous breakdowns as a result.

Psychologists put it down to killers being the ultimate alpha male, while also being unavailable (and therefore unthreatening) if incarcerated. I’m not so sure. I think there are just a fair few batshit crazy people out there who don’t require further analysis.

I am not aware which guns and ammo this kid was collecting. Just followed this news a bit, didn’t read all the articles and details.

But yeah, everyone knows that there are so many gun deaths in the USA because of their gun laws. You can only shoot someone if you have the guns laying around. You can also buy guns in Europe, but the amount of people who have them is very few, so less people get shot. If more people have easy access to guns, a lot more people get shot. It’s as simple as that. I am not against having guns per se, but then don’t be surprised people get shot on a daily basis.

But I just explained that it’s more complicated than that. Texas with some of the loosest gun laws has double the population of gun owners has a slightly less gun homicide rate than California where its the strictest and you can’t even own a assault rifle or long gun in California.

I think we need to try to find a reasonable and actually effective way for less gun homicides. Guns aren’t going anywhere in the US anytime soon. And it doesn’t seem stricter gun laws do much to curb anything, strict gun states often have huge gun homicide rates.

The thing is that buying is easy as pie in the US. This kid, who was not supposed to be able to purchase a gun, let alone teh kind of heavy rifles found in hsi possession, was charged because as an alien he was not supposed to own such weapons. The adults around him all assisted his acquisitions.

One could ask then about teh checks and balances in legal sites to purchase weapons, as to veruify end user. It is rather difficult. Parents paid, lawyer may or may not have assisted, anyways, the kid, a person that was not supossed to get such arms, accumulated an alarming amount of ammunition. We are talking zombie apocalypse style. That did not ring any bells.

Now, lets imagine it was a really nutty case, and that this person used his weapondry to storm say a hospital, a school, a kindergarden. It has happened before, it will happen again. There is no limit to purchases, no way to know or even stop anyone from stockpiling guns and bullets in silos because they do not trust the government. Otherwise, we get another Wako.

This again? :roll_eyes:

Well, you have places that make it easy, others not that easy, but the danger lies in Internet purchases.

At least, it was way too easy for the kid to get his stash, way easier than in Taiwan. (one hopes)

1 Like

So how do you think the internet purchase of a gun works in the US?

1 Like

I know right.

A. Federally licensed dealer online just like a license gun shop dealer. Must go through background check in PA.

B. Private deal online, don’t need to be a federally licensed dealer but still need to go to a federally licensed dealer to do a transfer and do a background check.

Laws of PA.

But should have required ID and properly documenting. People fucked up and didn’t do their due diligence. The laws are there. The problem is the parents and dealers who didn’t do their due diligence.

1 Like

Guns don’t kill people, lack of due diligence does.

:laughing:

3 Likes

Pretty much, although state laws very.

From the federal end, an American can purchase a semi-automatic firearm online. At the time of purchase you must give the seller information about the FFL (federal firearm license) holder who will receive delivery of the firearm. Basically the name of the gun shop, address, etc., until the website recognizes it as a valid FFL holder.

Then you wait until the firearm in delivered to the gun shop you chose. The gun shop calls you when it arrives. You go to the gun shop and present your driver’s license and one or two more pieces of information guaranteeing you’re the person on the DL (a current utility bill will work, so will a passport).

Then you fill out a shit pile of paperwork. The gun shop takes the paper work away and calls (on the phone) for a background check to be done. You wait some more. When you pass the background check there is more paperwork to be filled out (the paperwork states clearly that lying makes you subject to criminal penalty). You then pay a fee to the gun shop for doing all that, and for being a middleman. In some states you can then take immediate possession. In other states there’s a waiting period.

The gun shop will be eyeing you as you do the paperwork, btw. If they don’t like what they see, they can refuse to sell you the firearm (even if you pass the b/g check) and return it to the seller.

The bottom line is that buying a gun on the internet turns out to be no different from buying it in person. Exact same process. It makes no sense to say that “the danger lies in internet purchases” because they’re not different.

Nice straw man. We are talking about the ease of gun purchases.

Because places with no guns people don’t find other ways to kill. I feel safer in Texas than walking in London at places. And never got robbed in Texas. While Someone attempted to rob me while in Italy in the house at night and I can’t even shoot the guy without going to jail in most cases. It’s not a perfect society. I rather have the ability to protect myself if the case ever comes up.

They will also often randomly freeze the sale or if they suspect anything. I’ve had it happen. Just randomly freeze and make we go through a waiting period with a more through background check as well.

1 Like

That is the thing. I think dealers may be motivated not to ask too many questions. Parents did not care, thought their money would protect them. After all, their kid was a good boy, buying toys for entertainment, not some ghetto rascal who was going to rob a liquor store.

I wonder for exmaple, that they say he had goen to the shooting range several times and taken guests from Taiwan with him. How legal was it an unaccompanied minor there? How about his tourist visa guests?

No. They will take your license away and possibly have legal charges.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean much. I never got robbed in Brazil. Can I say it’s a safe place there?

Are there places you would’t go? There’s not really anywhere I feel in danger in Texas.

Well, they sold to an adult here. As I said, there is no way to corroborate end user, on Internet or personal purchases, but Internet teh responsibility is lessened. ppaerwork will say they sold a legal adult, right? Unless they sold it straight to Sun, paid with his parents credit card… ooops!