Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

Seems unnecessary to bring this up again 2 years later. Doesn’t look like he’s been causing any more problems. He did some time, bet that straightened him up a bit already.

I wonder. Timing is pretty odd.

1 Like

If he’s been fucking up, I say bring it up. But if not, i don’t see the need. He fucked up big time, he got a real dose of reality from it after a sheltered life. Let him grow up to be a man; I was so retarded at 17-18. I’m still pretty stupid now but a lot smarter than even a few years ago.

It’s ridiculous, it sounds like something out of Malaysia or somewhere. I’m just wondering why they would do it.

I’m guessing we will find out more very soon. Taiwan’s news cycle doesn’t have much to report on.

1 Like

There’s fucking up when you’re young and fucking around with firearms. Would you live next door to the lad?

1 Like

I know people like this kid, they have no concept of consequences and reality. I grew up very poor when I was a kid, so even when my parents gained tremendous wealth very quickly, i still had an idea of how real life is.

There are kids that have no idea what consequences are. It’s a game to them until it gets real. I know a lot of them. Some have even gotten caught for possession and did less time than he did.

Do you really think this kid should get 7 years after all of this? Let him grow up. We don’t need to send another young man into the system with no hope.

Two years on Kinmen should sort him out.

1 Like

Seriously, send him to do his conscription.

In which case there needs to be consequences at some point, or life always remains a game. In this case the parents are unwilling/incapable of setting boundaries.

Yes, I agree with there needs to be consequences so they understand they are real.

He did 8 months in jail. I’m sure that was a shock to the system to him. It’s been 2 years, why bring it up again? Especially if he hasn’t caused any problems since.

2 Likes

My mistake. I thought he was dicking about with homemade guns again.

This charge is related to his original idiocy? Apologies

1 Like

And what kind of trial would he get in Taiwan? This happened in the US, what’s the evidence going to be? I’m not comfortable with the idea of another trial years later when it happened in another country. Idk if ir can be fair and legit.

1 Like

You do not read Apple Daily! Guy was there practically daily. His girlfriends, his workouts, how cool he was… I really thought he had gotten away with it and we would have to bear him in some movie or worse, singing.

And now this.

Again my question: does the fact that he is Taiwanese means he or any other Taiwanese can be indicted for crimes commited abroad? Got a list from the old country still running around.

As to the trials and all, I know Taiwan has no double jeopardy, but he already did the time. What gives?

1 Like

So, if he doesn’t pay a traffic ticket abroad, will Taiwanese court/traffic bureau fine freeze his bank account here until he pays?
I agree, if he has done nothing since he got back (and I was very harsh on him when he was still in the U.S.), the Taiwan authorities shouldn’t be going after him for what he did abroad, for which he already “did his time”.

1 Like

And why now? They did check him out and chewed him out after he arrived.

Please don’t tell me this is some sick plot by his parents to keep him in the spotlight.

He should be able to escape “justice” in Taiwan for ANY crimes committed abroad.

1. We’ve got Taiwanese child molesters who have committed crimes in America and ran back to Taiwan and are living here without issue. Teaching English in bushibans I might add.

2. We’ve got Taiwanese mothers who have kidnapped children and returned to Taiwan in violation of US court orders. No issues for them.

3. We’ve got a Taiwanese gang banger who committed murder in the US and ran back to Taiwan with his white American wife. Current bounty on this dirt bag is a cool 1 million USD. I’d sure like to somehow get him off this island and collect. He has no issues living here.

4. How can we forget the married lawmaker who flew off to Vegas and married his Taiwanese mistress? He faced no laws when he returned married to two women at the same time. What’s that asshole’s name?

5. Oh and the biggie. Two the Taiwanese judges who had an adulterous affair which resulted in pregnancy and the birth of a love child. Both of their attorney spouses teamed up and filed charges of adultery against both judges. Both got off scot-free because they had an expert witness testify that the pregnancy occurred during a two week legal conference they attended in the US. They broke no Taiwan laws In Taiwan, so no problem. Wanna commit a crime? Do it off island and apparently you can’t be charged or convicted because Taiwanese can do anything they want as long as they don’t do it here.

So, our young psycho. Regardless of any laws he broke, he can’t be charged or convicted because he committed his crimes in America and not in Taiwan. The fact that he was already punished in America should be irrelevant based on my five examples cited above. Crime wasn’t committed here, Taiwan doesn’t give a shit.

This looks suspiciously like unfair selective prosecution to me. He must have fucked someone’s daughter who he shouldn’t have or really pissed off the wrong big wig For something. Maybe his failure to keep a low profile and shoving it in peoples’ faces. Maybe his mother or father did something to bring this down.

I say leave the little shit alone and ignore him.

5 Likes

Okthe judges say that he is being prosecuted here for a different crime. In the US, it was possession of an illegal weapon. In Taiwan, manufacture of an illegal weapon. Yet the questions remain: why now and why here?

https://stars.udn.com/star/story/10088/4806320?utm_source=udnnews&utm_medium=linepush

The family lawyer says the family and Sun knew the kid would be charged after he came back. WTH?!

Was it his flamethrower ? Not much fucks given from me although I err on the side of impartial justice always.

Ok, that would make sense. Manufacture of an illegal weapon in Taiwan, the flamethrower that he demonstrated on Facebook.

However, it still begs the question, Why now? Who did he or his parents piss off to bring this down 2+ years after the fact? Or did he make a new weapon?

3 Likes