Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

good observation.
i know this topic is very emotional, especially for us citizens. but most mass shooters used guns purchased by themselves or parents legally. pro gun people always tell that those shooters would’ve gotten a gun anyway (illegaly). well, there have been some incidences outside of the us but in no other country to the extent of the us.

2 Likes

Then they start worrying about ‘mental health’ but only of gun owners lol.

1 Like

I’ve though they are not anchor kids, but their parents might have been anchor kids. Iirc, parents should hold foreign passports to send kids to TAS, TES, TJS. They are rich, so they, the parents, may have graduated from colleges in US, and the kids may be going to colleges in US.

is that really still a thing? i read about such things happened in the 80/90s.
imo, nowadays most kids are sent away to prestigious schools because of symbolism and (really) better education.

I’d say the private schools are mixture of school and buxiban. I’m not sure kids are spoiled or not, but they are mostly innocent. They don’t know other worlds.

FYI, many students at TAS and KAS have non USA passports, but other passports (you just need not have ONLY a Taiwan passport) and in many cases passports they got via payments or not what I would call the normal way (ie, person has a passport of country they have never been to or went for a few days)

Correct. which makes the moniker TAS a joke. Too many bad stories I’ve heard first-hand from that school that I am unable to put in print.
Just go back to the recent news of the parents’ association not getting questions answered from the head of the school. Now that is in print. Only one of many bad things going on there.

first let me state this, how did we get from “Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre” to minor celebrity to public/private school debate?

do kids get spoiled in school or buxiban? i’d say both aren’t very pleasant:p

Yes, I’d like to get it back to what my wife heard/read that the kid/adult did something (hit a female classmate) in a school in Beitou/Shihlin and perhaps that’s why he got sent to the U.S. (and likely had something wrong beforehand).

It isn’t just getting access to guns in US is too easy? Is there anything more to discuss?

Or is the theme what is the problem of the kid? Or, what kind of kids are sent to high schools in US?

Its forumosa, this thread is pretty on track.

I keep forgetting there are so many things I take for granted that earthlings just don’t understand… :roll:

In summary, when a kid ends up in a private school, it is not a good thing.

Again, TAS/TES and the few rest are not within our scope of discussion as those private schools above mentioned. That is a different sack of cats.

Buxiban is just part of the system. You go to a “famous” buxiban, they may even have the answer to the tests, go to an average, they do average stuff. OTOH, hey have buxibans for government tests for a reason.

The most important of view is that why every single time when the gun shooting case happened that the government did not propose a solution with the gun problem.

Why don’t discuss about created a psychological education program for guns, if American counld’t living without guns.

Why don’t discuss how to protect some people who is living in a remote villages which it’s far away from a police department.

Why don’t discuss how to help cut down on the teenagers bullying and violence things at school.

Why some media always feed people negative things with a violence.

The media and news should bear the responsibility of educating with our society.

Talking about responsibility, thsi is a start in teh right direction. if they were in Taiwan, and their kid was arrested, they would be apologizing a lot more, kowtow and all.

Its just truly not solve the problem at all.

Nope. But I find it an intersting cultural quirk. the industrialists taht poisoned us apologized and kowtowed. The guy who runs over someone’s kid gets on his knees and apologizes. The government officials apologize when someone under their command makes a mistake.

It is alt least better, IMHO, to jsut pretending they are perfect and no harm is done.

such as Facebook.

This is interesting. Economy to Philadelphia is brutal. Is this affect, or are they just cheap?

If it’s affected, it’s pretty savvy PR.

Yesterday evening, the parents reportedly boarded a 7:10 p.m. EVA Airways flight at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport with destination New York, the Chinese-language Apple Daily reported.

They reportedly tried to evade the crowds of journalists and camera crews at the airport by paying extra to leave by a VIP exit, but they had bought economy tickets, the newspaper wrote.

Well, rather like when top officials quit when something goes wrong…in the government of course. I am still waiting for that in private business here.