Taiwan's Digital COVID Vaccine Certificate (數位新冠病毒健康證明) [TO BE DISCONTINUED AT THE END OF MAY 2023]

Two main issues I’m unsure about:

1. Where these apply - i.e. what counts as a pub or bar. The linked article above says this:

The vaccine mandate will be in place at disco halls, nightclubs, clubs, bars, and pubs, as well as beauty parlors, saunas and teahouses with hosts or hostesses, the CECC said in a statement.

So, would that include Gordon Biersch (likely not), or Redpoint, or Crafted? Carnegies? Is there a Chinese-language definition that’s missing in the translation?

1. Do we need to print this out, or can it just reside as an app on our phones? The article has this:

People can only obtain certificates for COVID-19 vaccinations and tests administered in Taiwan, and the certificates can be directly saved onto a phone or computer, printed out or individuals can have them sent to their email address, according to the CECC.

To me the “directly saved” says, sure, just on your phone is fine. But again, I fear I’m missing something. (My editor-voice wants an “and” or an “or” placed before “printed out”)

Apologies if this should be over in the discussion thread, but I’m trying to understand the rules; this thread seems more appropriate.

1 Like