Taiwan's Digital COVID Vaccine Certificate (數位新冠病毒健康證明) [TO BE DISCONTINUED AT THE END OF MAY 2023]

Here is an example of old and fixed certificate in the CovPassCheck app

3 Likes

Aaaah! Actually, it seems to be from the CovPassCheck app (the one for people checking other people’s status), and that one shows both names. That’s good. I think we’re all set now, thanks a lot @au !

The CovPass app, which only shows the mandarin name now, is “only” for people like you and me who show their QR code to someone that checks.

2 Likes

Also happy to report that it’s working for me now. On @slawa’s suggestion, I sent an e-mail to @au and some of her colleagues describing the issues, and they responded the next day saying that the fn/gn problem had now been resolved (my full name is now in the “fn” field as Doe John Edward, as on my ARC).

The old passport number was apparently something to do with unsynchronized NIA systems between when I applied for the UI number and when I applied for the ARC, and they also fixed that pretty quickly!

Thanks to @au and her colleagues for their impressively fast assistance with this!

9 Likes

I’ve got the .zip in my e-mail, but every time I try to open it, it asks me for a password? I also got the pdf on my laptop, should I just email it to my self and print it that way?

Is the password maybe your ARC number?

But yeah, printing the PDF should be fine. Or import it into an passport app…

ill give that a try, but I don’t think its the arc number…because I couldn’t even get into my covid certificate with my arc number, I used passport.

Here is the relevant part of the email that the zip file is attached to:

The file password is your birthday (MMDD)

4 numbers

2 Likes

I guess I should read the e-mail.

1 Like

I had my Moderna Booster shot yesterday and downloaded my Updated certificate this morning. Much faster than I expected, so well done to all.

4 Likes

I got my first shot in Taiwan. Second in USA and third a few days ago in taiwan. The Taiwan digital certificate lists that I have twentytwo vaccines…

checking with German app it shows two vaccines (Taiwan ones). I had to register the USA short to get the booster short but i guess its going to show up on the digital certificate.

Finland app btw doesn’t work with the Taiwan QR code, just says invalid certificate.

1 Like

Looks like changes to the Certificate and probably addition of Phone App taking place overnight as there is an outage advertised until 08:00 tomorrow. Being discussed in the CDC presser at present.

3 Likes

Link to Press Release below.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments 2022

It still works until 5pm , mine has been updated since yesterday and I dloaded the updated cert.

Unfortunately my name is only appearing in Chinese script when I import to the EU digital cert app.

You could check, as there were a couple of reports of that a couple of months back, though I suspect that those so injected would have been contacted and monitored. The odds of it happing twice 3 months or so apart? Thats lottery Ticket time.

It might be worth your time questioning it though, either direct or via the place of your last shot.

Both shots at far eastern hospital. I saw that someone else had the same problem so I guess it is just a prob with the certificate and not the shots.

Well I think the Certificate is generated off the NHI Vaccination Database and in my case it shows 3 / 3 - numerical, not alphabetical. So its maybe a good idea to escalate it somewhere, but i wouldn’t know where.

1 Like

Focus Taiwan now has a story up on the use of the vaccine certificate, effective 21 January 2022, to get into what appear to be “sexual service” related venues. I hope this is in the right thread!

Guy

1 Like

Two main issues I’m unsure about:

1. Where these apply - i.e. what counts as a pub or bar. The linked article above says this:

The vaccine mandate will be in place at disco halls, nightclubs, clubs, bars, and pubs, as well as beauty parlors, saunas and teahouses with hosts or hostesses, the CECC said in a statement.

So, would that include Gordon Biersch (likely not), or Redpoint, or Crafted? Carnegies? Is there a Chinese-language definition that’s missing in the translation?

1. Do we need to print this out, or can it just reside as an app on our phones? The article has this:

People can only obtain certificates for COVID-19 vaccinations and tests administered in Taiwan, and the certificates can be directly saved onto a phone or computer, printed out or individuals can have them sent to their email address, according to the CECC.

To me the “directly saved” says, sure, just on your phone is fine. But again, I fear I’m missing something. (My editor-voice wants an “and” or an “or” placed before “printed out”)

Apologies if this should be over in the discussion thread, but I’m trying to understand the rules; this thread seems more appropriate.

1 Like

I don’t think any of the big western pubs are included. They’re restaurants that serve alcohol.

I mean 酒家。酒店。酒吧。How are these defined?

1 Like