Tattoos are ugly

Battery9, you DO know what that’s going to look like in 20 years or so? It’s going to look like someone poured some ink down your back.

cool…will prevent people from touching me!

People who get tattoos are not necessarily stupid. Can’t even say “probably”. Possibly? Yeah, but so are people who don’t get them.

On the other hand, getting a tattoo is probably foolish. As others have mentioned, there’s a good chance that you’ll wish you hadn’t gotten it later.

Many tattoos are like sigs or screen names. Just, permanent.

So, I sort of agree with PP’s overall point, but with some exceptions.

#1- It’s not stupid. It’s foolish. Often tattoos are really clever or artistic. But the whole permanency thing and not knowing what you will think or learn in the future is unwise. It works out for many, but many others regret it. It’s a bad bet.
#2- It’s not necessarily ugly, but often is. Even beautiful artwork done as a tatoo can distract from the beauty of a person. Graffiti can look awesome walls in the city. But put it on a pristine mountain face or carve it into an ancient oak and it becomes a travesty.
#3- There are valid reasons for getting a tattoo. Getting something that signifies an eternal relationship, brotherhood forever, that sort of thing, can make sense. Part of a unit that serves in war together and want to show your unity? A simple tattoo can be an outward expression of that, and something I can respect- perhaps even envy. But most people don’t get tattoos for such good reasons.

Maori/south pacificky tattoos are hot. An ex told me he had his done with a bit of of wood. Drooldrooldrool.

If you’re a Maori or a Pacific islander. Otherwise they’re just silly. Like blonde dreadlocks. Or Prince Charles in a kilt.

Yes, daft wee boys covered in drawings aren’t hot.

[/quote]

That would make a great tat!!! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

it is? According to my post? hahahahhahaha. Or are you being sarcastic back? Ugh…one day without forumosa and I’ve lost my ability to read people online!

If you’re a Maori or a Pacific islander. Otherwise they’re just silly. Like blonde dreadlocks. Or Prince Charles in a kilt.[/quote] :bravo: :bravo: Well said…very well said!

That is naive thinking based on prejudice.

If an ugly person got a tattoo would they cancel each other out?

pp is right. tattoos are a silly fad that you’ll look back on in 20 years and say, WTF? was i drunk?

opinion. deal with it.

Thats fine, i hope to be dead in 20 years.

It’s extremely puzzling why people get so vocal about someone elses appearance and likes. OK, they have to look at it too…but is getting a chuckle out of thinking how foolish we are not enough?

I guess some people just thrive on trying to hurt other people’s feelings.

A good tattoo in a good place with a good intention and a good meaning- well to me thats good. Most others suck. I would get a tattoo if i designed it myself and had a special meaning to it that I knew I would never grow out of - something representing where i am from or my heritage or something like that.

[quote=“porcelainprincess”]Tattoos are for morons. Or sailors.

… most probably go out and get jobs as sailors very soon after. So they don’t mind so much looking dumb.[/quote]

Quit giving sailors a hard time and you might get more sympathy. :fume:

I bet you change your mind in 10-15 years. You would be surprised at how many people change their minds anout things as they get older. I like being able to change my mind, and would be a bit uncomfortable being stuck with decisions made 20 years before, such as when to die or whether to have a full-rigged schooner tattooed across my entire chest.

I had a dream about being kidnapped by burly Swedish fishermen again last night.

I might even have been asleep.

[quote=“Loretta”][quote=“porcelainprincess”]Tattoos are for morons. Or sailors.

… most probably go out and get jobs as sailors very soon after. So they don’t mind so much looking dumb.[/quote]
Quit giving sailors a hard time and you might get more sympathy.[/quote]
Argghhh…