šŸŽ¾ Tennis | Novak Djokovic at the Aussie Open

Why doesnā€™t he just do what they tell him? Why does he need to argue? Shut up like the other plebs.

Donā€™t like him, but i support him against the OZ govt.

What an absolutely astounding waste of everybodyā€™s time and money, all over a manufactured ā€œproblemā€ that wouldnā€™t even have existed in saner times. The ensuing gales of self-righteousness could probably keep Australiaā€™s lights on for the next six months if properly harnessed.

3 Likes

If he would have been honest along the way with his travel schedule and avoided public appearances when he had covidā€¦with that in mind the AU govt could hardly just say no problem.

Rich guy lies on his declaration and tries to saunter in.

Interesting that people find this somehow heroic. :roll_eyes:

Guy

3 Likes

Who finds this somehow heroic?

Heā€™s sticking it to the man!

Or something like that. I canā€™t be bothered to reread this thread.

Guy

I canā€™t see any poster here calling him a hero.

Not here hereā€“ā€œhere.ā€

Iā€™m sure there are people in Serbia calling him a hero.

1 Like

Is it the idea that he ā€œcalled bullshit on covidā€ is heroic?

I thought he just knowingly lied. :idunno:

Heā€™s said that heā€™s opposed to vaccines in the past, but I canā€™t see anything heroic about what heā€™s doing now. If he were to refuse to play as a matter of principle that might be up there with Rod Laver. I might disagree with him, but heā€™d have my respect.

Right, but it seems as though he just thought his ego and hubris would veil him from scrutiny. Maybe he thinks he deserves to play at any cost bc his natural talents and financial success. Funny thing is, I donā€™t follow tennis and have no idea who this guy is, but his type is on display in The Tyranny of Merit, by Sandel.

Iā€™ll check that out. Thank you.

Guy

1 Like

I canā€™t say Iā€™ve been following too closely, but it seems he got exemptions from the vaccination because he has natural immunity (which is scientifically better than a vaccination) from two Aussie bodies, and he got a visa based on that. Then some little Napoleon decided to make an example of someone who doesnā€™t like vaccines and pull the visa. In the meantime Djokivic was caught talking to people while he had covid some time last year and there was a clerical error on his application. The courts said that Napoleon was being capricious with his power and reinstated the visa. Then Napoleon pulled the visa again because it could send the wrong message to Aussies.

Iā€™m not sure how this can be seen as anything but Governmental dickwadery.

4 Likes

I agree. Itā€™s obvious whatā€™s happened here. The question now is whether heā€™ll also miss the French.

As Tomfuckery goes, thatā€™s a high bar.

2 Likes

Your honesty is appreciated.

Guy

So the Court Case has been done, adjourned for the 3 Judges to consider Novakā€™s fate. They havenā€™t given a time, other than ā€œThis Afternoon or tomorrow morningā€.
Because its 3 Judges, the decision will be final and apparently cannot be appealed by either side.

The OZ Open hasnā€™t had so much ā€˜freeā€™ publicity since the famous McEnroe dummy spit in 1990, to which he was stunned when he heard the famous words ā€œDefault Mr McEnroeā€.

1 Like

The ducking Open is a shambles. No one knows whoā€™s playing who. Regardless of the legal niceties heā€™s an enormous prick for even causing this issue in the first place.

Actually check that for meā€¦do they have a confirmed draw right now?

Wait, what? Novak caused the problem?

Regardless of what anyone might think of him as a person, this situation arose because the lunatics are running the asylum.

I havenā€™t managed to figure out what he ā€œliedā€ about or how itā€™s relevant. However, given the fact that politicians have been popping up on TV telling lies for the past two years, Iā€™m not sure how much blame can be assigned to someone for trying to lie their way out of an intolerable situation.

4 Likes