The Biden Presidency

The climate crisis talk, the race baiting, the appeal for massive expansion of government, the talk about restricting gun rights. These are things that large segments of the population don’t agree with.

2 Likes

So… you think policies that doesn’t appeal to everyone is automatically divisive? I disagree with that - if you can’t bring up facts (climate crises) without it being construed as divisive, well, fuck. he’s explicitly leaving the door open for Republicans at the table.

1 Like

To do what? Knuckle under? They completely disagree with all this stuff. On the bright side, he fudged a minimum of his lines, which is something.

2 Likes

Not really. They just pander like fuck. Take climate change - the military (those liberal hippy commies) has identified this as a major challenge / threat. The first cap and trade system in the us came u dwr George HW. John McCain freakin’ ran ads about climate change not much more than a decade ago. This was not a divisive issue until not much more than a decade ago when republican politicians started being bought, and of course a subset of Republicans got crazy with all things Obama supported. And some younger Republicans who aren’t as easily sold a bill of goods see the importance of dealing with climate.

1 Like

Biden said “climate crisis.” This is divisive language. How many Republicans do you think would agree with the statement, “We’re in the midst of a climate crisis”? To his credit, at least he didn’t say “climate emergency.” I honestly think Joe isn’t that ideological. Whoever is writing his speeches on the other hand…

3 Likes

A lot - they get the military briefs. Now, the real question is would they admit it to their constituents who’ve been sold a bill of goods by big money pacs (they know too. They just don’t give a fuck)?

Can you get me any quotes of Republicans talking about the “climate crisis”?

1 Like

You hear Biden talk about the riot on Jan 6 as…

Not Pearl Harbour or 911 and don’t get the sense politicians overstate and exaggerate gaslighting the public, scaremongering them with fear and don’t think they would do that on Global warming too? undersecretary for science in the Obama administration’s Department of Energy explains.

3 Likes

It’s almost like you’re not reading the words I’m writing about them generally not wanting to admit it…

But here’s a couple anyway, not in those words, but in substance.
“With 40 percent of Florida’s population at risk from sea-level rise, my state is on the front lines of climate change." - Curbelo

“McCain sounded the alarm on global warming” - McCain ad

“Climate crisis

As you may recall, I was talking about the divisive language used in Biden’s speech.

1 Like

I agree with that. Those were worse attacks on the country, but not the democratic institutions of the country. Not the same thing.

Republicans not applauding comments on ending child poverty says it all. Very reasonable people. :sweat_smile:

Party of CHUDS, the GOP, simple as that. No interest in governance.

He also talked about “lives lost” in the riot, but fails to mention that the only person killed was a female Trump supporter.

3 Likes

Yeah well, they opened up the doors, waved them in and mostly walked around like tourists. How do you know the media and Democrats were overplaying and gaslighting the public? Because they openly got caught lying about an officer being killed after being hit with a fire extinguisher, which the Capitol Police the FBI could have put out a statement immediately saying this was false.

They didn’t because they wanted to gaslight the public, now Biden plugging what happened as the worse attack on the country since the civil war is absurd, more gaslighting. They want their Reichstag Fire so keep hyping it as the most important event on earth since an asteroid took out the dinosaurs.

3 Likes

Mick… So, what, Capitol police and FBI are tools of the democrats now? Fuck man. You and your conspiracies.

Did he actually say that? I didn’t see it when I watched the speech, so I googled it. I see some RW media attacking him for saying it, and some Establishment media defending him for saying it (or more accurately, attacking the RW media for attacking Biden), but I can’t find it in the speech. Is it possible this was in an earlier, leaked draft and was cut?

"As I stand here tonight — just one day shy of the 100th day of my administration. 100 days since I took the oath of office, lifted my hand off our family Bible, and inherited a nation in crisis.

The worst pandemic in a century. The worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. The worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War."

2 Likes

Yes, but when I look at the entire transcript, I don’t see it.

I pulled mine from the CNN transcript. Maybe the Politico one edited it out?