The Biden Presidency

I think this is the equivalent of saying all those people wearing MAGA hats and carrying Trump banners were actually antifa and BLM- the claim doesn’t have to make any sense whatsoever, all you have to do is make it.
Like GOP congressman Andrew Clyde, who described the January 6 riot as “a normal tourist visit”.

And here’s Rep Clyde preparing for that visit- gee, he sure doesn’t seem to like tourists, does he?

1 Like

QAnon Rep. Lauren Boebert reported Texas hasn’t reported a single death since lifting covid restrictions in March.

“Texas removed their mask mandate two months ago, and Sleepy Joe called it ‘Neanderthal thinking,’” she continued. "No, sir. Republicans are just following the science, and since removing the mask mandate two months ago, Texas has not reported a single COVID death. Not one.

According to the state’s own data, on March 2, 2021, when the mask mandate was lifted, the total number of COVID deaths up to that point was 46,542
As of today, that number is 51,051, A difference of 3,509. Which means that more than 3,500 people have died of COVID in Texas since the mask mandate was lifted

Of course she can’t be expected to count that high- she’s still got her socks on.
Zero, 3500- who’s counting?

This is an example of what Republicans call (when they’re caught) “kidding, funning, joking around, owning the libs” and the rest of us call “lying” -see F-150 report, which would have been endlessly repeated as gospel if it hadn’t immediately proven to be BS.
They’ll just make up and repeat something else.

No, sir. Republicans are just following the science, and since removing the mask mandate two months ago, Texas has not reported a single COVID death. Not one.

That on the face of it seems a stupid thing to say, have a video or link to back up she actually said something so stupid?

Is this the Whataboutism thread or the The Biden Presidency thread?

2021/05/20/christian-lawmaker-falsely-claims-no-covid-deaths-in-tx-since-mask-mandate-ended/#disqus_thread

Watch the video.
I remember more than one case where I requested confirmation of a quote, and I was met with comments- not by you!- that I was “too lazy to Google”, I should look up things my own self, the quotes were all over the Internet etc.
So, just wondering- does the policy of backing up your quotes apply to everybody, or are right-wingers specifically exempted?

We could make a separate thread for “stupid claims by Republican politicians” but it would probably get swamped pretty quickly.

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, during an interview on a conservative podcast this week, compared House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s decision to continue to require members of the House to wear masks on the chamber floor to steps the Nazis took to control the Jewish population during the Holocaust.Greene, in a conversation with the Christian Broadcasting Network’s David Brody Real America’s Voice TV show “The Water Cooler,” attacked Pelosi and accused her of being a hypocrite for asking GOP members to prove they have all been vaccinated before allowing members to be in the House chamber without a mask.You know, we can look back at a time in history where people were told to wear a gold star, and they were definitely treated like second class citizens, so much so that they were put in trains and taken to gas chambers in Nazi Germany,” Greene said. “And this is exactly the type of abuse that Nancy Pelosi is talking about.”

A survey!

A CNN survey of members of Congress discovered that every Democrat of Congress in both the House and Senate are fully vaccinated. In the Senate, 92% of Republicans say they are vaccinated, but only 44.8% of House Republicans would say if they have received the necessary shots. More than 100 Republicans in the House still won’t disclose their vaccine status. That prompted Pelosi to leave the mask mandate in place, despite new guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that said vaccinated people can safely be indoors without wearing masks.

Note that the 44% of House Republicans didn’t say they hadn’t got the vaccine, they refused to say whether they had or not. While a few like Gohmert are probably stupid enough not to, most of them probably have- they’re just demonstrating their contempt for their supporters- they don’t care if what they consider the rubes out in the sticks get Covid and die, as long as their family and neighbors keep sending in votes, and most importantly, money, flowing in.

1 Like

Never by me. Your link takes me to some QResearch with 8Chan/8Kun links.

It’s a dumb thing to say, that’s why it stands out as incredulous. We have had 5 deaths here in Taiwan in the last week (that I know of) related to Coronavirus and our numbers are tiny compared to Texas.

That’s why I questioned it.

As a matter of forum etiquette the mods prefer people link to where they are quoting material from, I always do. It’s not an enforced rule and I have seen other people tell you to google something, which is rude. Rude if someone does it to you and rude if you do it to me, besides I already tried googling it and came up with very little.

This site has the Boebert video in question.

1 Like

Thank you @JMcNeill , she actually said that! What a moron.

It’s important to have leaders that are confident enough in the country to confront it’s deep-seated problems.

“We do ourselves no favors by pretending none of this ever happened or it doesn’t impact us today, because it still does impact us today,” Biden said, speaking at the Greenwood Cultural Center in Tulsa, Okla. “We can’t just choose to learn what we want to know, and not what we should know. We should know the good, the bad, everything. That’s what great nations do. They come to terms with their dark sides.”

Biden Presidency: “Do Not Come, Do Not Come”

NPR edited their original headline

The unflushable turd paints herself as squeaky clean:

1 Like

BlackRock & Vanguard run the planet.
Imagine that, looks like they are calling the shots for the upcoming hyperinflation and crackdown on people making lots of money in crypto…

It’s a bit odd (to say the least) to hear the President announce on live TV that he intended to violate his oath of office for a rent moratorium. That’s what happens when you don’t care about process.

That this is just a continued weight on the economy, provides perverse incentives for housing markets, and degrades the freedom of every American doesn’t seem to register either. He wants the soundbite, damn the consequences.

1 Like

It’s a bit of a shambles isn’t it?

Taliban taking over Afghanistan, failure to get the nation vaccinated (Republicans can take some of the blame for that), Russia and China ransomeware attacking at will, illegal immigration shooting up, shootings on a regular basis.

Same as always…graveyard of empires.

1 Like

This didn’t age well:

3 Likes

Sad and shameful. 2500 US troops with some air support would have kept the Taliban in place, now you have a Taliban that has captured the weapons of those 300K soldiers and more. At least learn the lesson: Trust no one. The Afghans are very corrupted and you know what, Nature has its ways to correct things. Afghanistan had the Taliban because they can only be managed by a brutal regime, so that is what they are gonna have now.

2 Likes