The Biden Presidency

It’s really not anyone’s business is what I’m saying.

Well, it’s nice to know that the Biden clan won’t glom onto Joe’s contacts across the world…this time around. However, I’ll remain vigilant and skeptical.

Hard hitting news from CNN Politics.

A president who doesn’t use a Bible merely as a photo-op, but actually goes to church on Sundays- I bet he could even tell us about Two Corinthians.

Did they walk into a bar with Hunter Biden and a Chinese businessman?

Oh, and you assume, like, a lot. Because yew bet, we should take your word for it? There’s a faulty premise.

Or maybe tell us the meaning of the parable about professing a faith but not practicing it.

Tree and Its Fruit
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Well, that verse excludes about 99% of professed Christians right there, politics aside.

An excellent description of Donald Trump.

Despite his occasional bible thumping does Trump actually believe in anything besides himself?

1 Like

He seems to like his children, I guess. And money, of course.

Biden speech after the electoral college vote - time to move on.

He also highlighted Mr. Trump’s insistence that he won in a “landslide” in 2016 with 306 electoral votes, the same number Mr. Biden won in 2020.

“At the time, President Trump called the Electoral College tally a landslide,” Mr. Biden said. “By his own standards, these numbers represented a clear victory then. And I respectfully suggest they do so now.”

3 Likes

It’s not over yet!! :slight_smile: congress can technically do whatever they want when they “count” votes and officially declare the winner.

All trump has to do is buy them off. Should be easy.

Also:
https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/1001436/1

Interesting you caught that tit bit, the rest of the MSM are avoiding that bit of news. Although when you say “they “count” votes” isn’t it Pence who “counts” votes?

It isn’t news. It’s a fact that everyone knows. What’s to report about?

The nonsensical procedures are from another era. If we designed systems today, all voting would be done uniquely and securely online, results out, by the deadline automatically. There would be no need for this centuries old nonsense of counting, certification, re counting, etc. you wouldn’t have simple minded morons like Trump run a circus.

Pence “counting” is in quotes exactly for that reason. He has no authority to do anything. Just has to run the same 1, 2,3 and say hey we have a winner.

1 Like

I agree with that, although nothing wrong with the Taiwan way of paper ballots, people showing up on election day with ID, voting, and counting the vote in a few hours and done.

Isn’t it the case if two sets of electors turn up, he gets to choose which electors to count or if he should count them at all?

Not disputing archaic rules, just clarifying the archaic rules for clarity.

Just shows how much the grand ol USA has decayed in terms of technological and systems superiority. It should have been the country on the cutting edge of embracing and implementing modern systems which would serve the people for the next 100 years to come. The great IBM was founded for tabulating machines.

Instead they are stuck in the morass of age old nonsense, flawed sense of American exceptionalism and cowboy diplomacy.

I’m glad that countries like China are beating them in the fields of espionage, AI, next gen systems, connectivity, and “counting”. If the US based world order collapses, they’ll have no one else to blame. Not even China.

You got to really have some hatred of America to be cheering on the Chinese. I mean, I have nothing against the people of China, but hardly know where to start with the list of grievances against their government.

2 Likes

Do you understand the difference between not liking something vs hating? If you did you wouldn’t say this.

It’s like the Zionists who think any criticism of Israel is necessarily anti-Semitic. That’s sad, regressive. Grow up.

Sometimes the good ones need hurt to be able to stand up again. They need to rid themselves of complacency. The USA in the past 30 years has been riding on its past successes and has become too complacent in world dealings. Other have taken advantage of that fact very shrewdly.

The old ways where the tall white American would sit at the head of the table and dictate the ways of the world are gone and they can’t stomach it. They can’t stand it that short yellow men and more cunning more smart than them in world affairs.

‘Any one representative and any one senator can pair up to file a dispute, challenging one or more slates of electors. At that point, the Senate and the House are supposed to retreat to their respective chambers, and to try to work out a resolution. But if they can’t, then guess what?3 U.S. Code 15 has an answer: “But if the two Houses shall disagree in respect of the counting of such votes, then, and in that case, the votes of the electors whose appointment shall have been certified by the executive of the State, under the seal thereof, shall be counted.” Once again, the governors’ lists carry the day.’

From https://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2020/Pres/Maps/Nov13.html#item-2

Why bring race into it, America is a very diverse country don’t you know.

Now your’re peddling racial stereotypes, I think you might have difficulty in looking at people as induvials and seeing past a persons race, sex, sexual orientation and religion but I will stop short of describing how we define such people.

2 Likes

Exactly. Strange and convoluted as the American system is, this does not appear to offer any path to overturning the Electoral College.