The Biden Taiwan & China Thread

@Mick

I saw this with my own eyes in Italy, right around the time Italy just happened to join the silk road initiative with China. There’s something similar in Italy, the Silk Council. I’ve met the person who ran it. And I saw what they did with what you said.

1 Like

Well I’d like to see the minutes and what he talked about. We’re just assuming stuff right now. I’m just saying the original article assumed guilt by association with no evidence.

Fareed’s speaking topics of the past last me to believe he’s not a puppet, so the onus is on you to prove the is.

According to this logic, any politician who associates with fossil fuel groups, or healthcare groups is bought and paid for. Is that your belief?

I never said this.

All I’ve laid out is these guys went to a propaganda event that tries to paint China as victims of misunderstanding and how they’re actually helping the world. A conference that is praised by Xi himself and features the head of state propaganda that’s also in Xis inner circle as the opening speaker.

I don’t believe you can use logic to engage with people who think Trump is a successful businessman who won the last election and cares more about the US than himself, and who believe that Biden and CNN care more about China than America. These things are clearly untrue. All the reasoning and logic in the world isn’t going to change the mind of those who believe they know THE TRUTH despite all available evidence. You might as well be trying to have a rational debate with flat-earthers, anti-vaccers, religious zealots, children, or hamsters.

1 Like

I was less interested in the events they had listed for the twentieth than the Agenda for the twenty-oneth and twenty-twoth

2 Likes

That’s not what I am saying at all, you could have a politician who has a hard on for guns, the NRA knowing that pour money into electing that official, it doesn’t mean they are paid for or the politician will do anything for the gun industry. It just means their interests seem to align.

Also I am not suggesting anything nefarious is going on at this particular shindig. Just noting the affiliation of attendees seem to be with various institutes, think tanks that are typically the kind of place where legislation gets drawn up.

It could be good legislation for all I know, it’s a good opportunity for China to tell everyone the things they are working on, what sorts of things they would like to co-operate on and for attendees to see what sort of opportunities might exist for them.

@MikeN1 put up the schedule, which sums up the activity nicely.

2 Likes
1 Like

just been discussing this (fox Video)and decided it’s fake and made to bait Trump supporting Chinese dissidents and Falun Gong. Too many inaccuracies with the Chinese prof story and don’t believe would be talking like that in public

1 Like

IDK how the American ego will handle finding out in real time how absolutely so fucking corrupt “we” are.

Or don’t. Go with Joe. Stuff that shit back up there.

2 Likes

Perhaps you could point out one or two inaccuracies for those of us that don’t like guessing what you are referring to.

Like the bit about the bookstore, and the lady getting him the place to speak just through connections.

The US doesnt work that way, thats a China story. If its an independent book store with a speaking space and the guy said wont give the space to speak because the prof is CCP, do you think a connected old lady could change the bosses mind. Doesnt matter if she says she is with the CIA or whatever, the bookshop owner would tell her to fuck off.

That story sounds like China, were you can force people to do things based on your connections, not the US.

Just a lot of it doesnt smell right. Maybe there are some aspects of truth but the guy has engineered a fantastical story from them

That’s fair enough, of course I have no idea if he is full of shit, wouldn’t surprise me. But the claims relating to Hunter Biden and his connections with China as well as Joe’s brother, seem well founded, some Senate committee released a 87 page document which goes into their dealings, nothing that hasn’t been alledged before, just goes into all the details which confirms all the previous claims. Busy bees the lot of them.

Also, I think it was Pompeo who was talking about a list of Governors the Chinese have listing the friendly ones, the hardcore ones and the ones they are unsure about, Diane Fienstine had some thing about a Chinese spy on her staff and something in the news about another Chinese spy trying to influence Swalwell.

Is there little doubt the Chinese do this? If the guy knew all this and bragged about it on stage then he is an idiot, but we have all seem Chinese like to brag how clever they are.

1 Like

Not exactly a promising sign. While Venezuela obviously isn’t China, if Biden’s willing to play ball with a thug like Maduro, you have to wonder just how much interest he has in standing up to Xi and the CCP.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with negotiating as long as the right negotiations happen.

3 Likes
1 Like

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/william-burns-cia-director-nomination/index.html

He has limited experience with China, but otherwise has a extensive portfolio of work in key regions around the globe.

Similar to Lloyd Austin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/12/09/china-middle-east-lloyd-austin-defense-secretary/

Not looking too promising so far, except if you’re the CCP.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: From The Biden Taiwan and China thread